"Offensive Quality Control Coach"

Coach Tuesday

Try to resist the urge to add a sarcastic response, please...

602620[/snapback]

well that's the kiss of death for any sort of legit answer in this thread!

just kidding

From what i can assume, i'd say that "quality control coach" is a token title to AVP. He'll probably work with the QBs specifically on the field, do some classroom work off the field, and be there as an extra guy to help with general coaching. He's also there to boost his resume for a real coaching job, and as a backstop in case one of the real coaches here hjas to take the fall either during or after next season.

Anyone know what this entails?  I'd appreciate a description.  Try to resist the urge to add a sarcastic response, please...

602620[/snapback]

It's a lot of grunt work. The main responsibility will be breaking down film. Gregg Williams was a QC for Tennessee for his first year. MM had the same job when breaking in with Tampa under Sam Wyche.

I would imagine that they'll have AVP sit in on the QB meetings.

well that's the kiss of death for any sort of legit answer in this thread!

just kidding

From what i can assume, i'd say that "quality control coach" is a token title to AVP.  He'll probably work with the QBs specifically on the field, do some classroom work off the field, and be there as an extra guy to help with general coaching.  He's also there to boost his resume for a real coaching job, and as a backstop in case one of the real coaches here hjas to take the fall either during or after next season.

602622[/snapback]

are you guys kidding? token title? every team has a quality control coach, usually on both sides of the ball. they run stats, watch film and look for tendencies, compile information for the coach, and basically do the legwork that the coordinators don't have time for.

many coaches start out as a quality control coach. mularkey did for wyche in tampa.

Anyone know what this entails?  I'd appreciate a description.  Try to resist the urge to add a sarcastic response, please...

602620[/snapback]

Yeah, basically he's a grunt. He watches tons of film, identifies key tendencies, documents stuff on opposing team's plays, etc.

Yup, a lot fo grunt work with film and such, and mostly the title is used as a foot in the door type of deal. You need ot start out somewhere coaching, so you start as quality control, then position coach, coordinator, etc.

He basiclly make sure that the Starbucks & Lunch orders are correct and that everybody gets the right change back!

On the road he decides who gets the window and who gets the aisle so that nothing occurs that would be "offensive." :(

602825[/snapback]

That's LESTER's job, bub!

are you guys kidding? token title? every team has a quality control coach, usually on both sides of the ball. they run stats, watch film and look for tendencies, compile information for the coach, and basically do the legwork that the coordinators don't have time for.

many coaches start out as a quality control coach. mularkey did for wyche in tampa.

602715[/snapback]

I meant it was a token title to get the guy in the door. He had been pushing for a higher up job, but i'm glad AVP is with the bills and not with another team

Boy, does anybody fall ass-backwards into more jobs than AVP? Does he have some compromising pics of Ralph or something?

603203[/snapback]

Huh? The guy had coach written all over him during his playing days (ask Jimbo how much he relied on AVP) and has been trying to land an NFL gig for the last two years. Alex is going to be a very good coach very soon.

He'll be tough to replace on the radio as well. He's sharp and can communicate well, which are very much the qualities Marv said he's looking for.

As for compromising pics, that's Chuck Lester's gig. 0:)