SuperBowl XL Game Thread

SDS

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still seeking for the corollary of the rule that states that if the helmet of the player crosses the goal line, it is also a TD.

595441[/snapback]

You'll find it under "Vinnie Testaverde". "But we thought it was the football...it looked like the football...the football's white and spherical with a Jets logo on it, isn't it?" :lol:

What really got me about that play was thinking back to when a Bills' RB (McGahee, I think) was called down laying on top of the pile before he reached over the goal line with the ball. And yet, Rothlesberger can be down on the ground, reach over, and they call it a score?

You'll find it under "Vinnie Testaverde".  "But we thought it was the football...it looked like the football...the football's white and spherical with a Jets logo on it, isn't it?"  :doh:

595445[/snapback]

the Jets logo IS a football... it was a mistake anyone could make. :lol:

Oops, Seattle made a big play, they must have been holding someone. The Steelers never hold anyone BTW.

No flag for the textbook horsecollar, of course. Refs are either garbage or completely biased this game.

And 15 yards for tackling below the waist?

Folks, I think I can bet 1 billion dollars, becuse I know who's winning this game, no matter what actually happens on the field.

the Jets logo IS a football... it was a mistake anyone could make.  :lol:

595450[/snapback]

And had the logo itself crossed the plane, maybe they would have had a point...and if the logo weren't green with "Jets" in white letters in it...and if it were football sized... But as it was, only the crown of Vinnie's helmet crossed the line.

Amazing thing is, that's STILL not the stupidest call ever. Close...but it's not quite to the level of lunacy butchering a coin toss... :doh: