SuperBowl XL Game Thread

SDS

Oh, my favorite play.  The end-around fake reverse flea-flicker.  Of course, whereas Buffalo averages a 7-yard loss on it, the !@#$ing Steelers score.

595483[/snapback]

the worse part is the try that play every effin' game and they STILL score. :lol:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE the steelers. I'd rather see the Pats win than this.

And to get it HANDED to them no less.

595486[/snapback]

Handed to them? Please.... If this was a 3 point game, maybe you can argue that one or two bad calls cost em... but I think the biggest "travesty" is the fact that no one could tackle Willie Parker. Do that, and you're in it. Don't blame the refs for poor play.

Or when it was 3rd and 26 (or somewhere near 26) try stopping the Big Ben....

i hope the steelers feel good if they win this game...  hey, at least the 1999 dallas stars will have company in the all asterisk team.

595476[/snapback]

Was just thinking a similar thought. You can sometimes question the teams that actually get to the game, but once there, the winner of the game usually deserves it. Today, the combination of Seattle's drops and the terrible calls will lead to a team winning the game that doesn't deserve it. :doh:

Handed to them? Please.... If this was a 3 point game, maybe you can argue that one or two bad calls cost em... but I think the biggest "travesty" is the fact that no one could tackle Willie Parker. Do that, and you're in it. Don't blame the refs for poor play.

595493[/snapback]

momentum!

Just award the MVP trophy to the refs, since they had the biggest hand in deciding the outcome.

This is going to be a tainted championship, because that was just too obvious.

Hey, give Hasselbeck another 15-yards for low tackling.

595493[/snapback]

Right.

Whatever, you idiot. These refs are bought and paid for.

Ask, and you shall receive:

Thus, I read possession must be established before you rule a touchdown, and nowhere does it even imply that for possession the pylon = ground.

Here is what I found:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7279844/did/10444290/page/2/

“It is hard to defend the quarterback,” Saints coach Jim Haslett said. “He does a great job. He made a nice play. I guess his hand touched the pylon. I thought the ball was outside the pylon, but if any part of your body touches the pylon it is a touchdown.”

So again as long as DJ had the balls securely in his arms and wasn't bobbling, it was a TD IF his left knee touched the pylon before his right foot touched OOB. And just to clarify, this doesn't mean that the ball could just be touching DJ, he had to have the ball in his arms securely. Again I didn't see the replay enough times to determine if when his left touched the pylon a) he had enough possession to call it a catch or b) his right foot touched OOB first or not.