SuperBowl XL Game Thread

SDS

IMO, a couple of the calls against Seattle were ticky tack.  If they call it by the letter of the law then i guess they were penalties.  The worst one was the hold a few minutes ago when Seattle would have had it at the one.  The guy grabbed the DE's shoulder for a split second and let go.  They should not call that one,  no way,

595532[/snapback]

And "Blocking below the knees" on a tackle. And Rothlesberger's touchdown run.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to be able to watch anything fooball-related for a long time, cuz the steelers are going to get the Big Year-round Bukake.

I'll say this though: The Hawks' special teams were pathetic today. That punter had 5 opportunities to flip the field and he put them all deep into the endzone for minimal net gains. RIDICULOUS.

But not as ridiculous as the officiating. Officiating can ruin this game, and I think it *is*.

game update:

OH NO! OH MY GOD! SON OF A B word! NO!! ITS KANE'S MUSIC! OH GOD NO!

[/jim ross voice]

sorry, but the nfl has fallen lower than the WWE, hense the reference. at least the wwe admits that the matches are fixed.

I actually just Tivoed back to the 3rd and 28 and then to the Parker TD. You're right... the refs actually HELD three defenders on each of those two plays...

595544[/snapback]

Even if you give that one to Steelers, how would you account for the phantom PI in the EZ, and the hold right before the INT (BTW, I just saw a much more blatant hold on Steelers C) - That's at least a 11 pt swing, not to even mention the momentum.

i'm not blaming the refs for terrible defense, horrid special teams, and awful clock management. however, i am blaming the refs for stealing a seattle TD and allowing a pittsburgh dive to the one inch line count as a TD. in an 11 point game, that's 14 points.

No, I'm a fan of people not blaming the refs for terrible defense.

595550[/snapback]

Actually, it was less terrible defense than it was a really well executed play. The real key wasn't any miscues by the Seahawks, but was both the guards sealing off the inside and outside of the lane to spring Parker. The only real Seahawk miscue was the safety taking a bad angle chasing Parker.

And other than that, Seattle's defense has been reasonably good all game.