Detroit is getting pounded with snow tonight...

LabattBlue

This is why the SB should be on a regular rotation of San Diego, Miami, New Orleans, Houston and maybe Arizona.

Courtesy of weather.com...

SNOW... OCCASIONALLY MIXED WITH RAIN INTO EARLY THIS EVENING... WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES TONIGHT. THE BEST THREAT FOR HEAVY SNOW WILL BE DURING THE EVENING HOURS. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF SUNDAY MORNING AFTER SUNRISE... BUT NOT BEFORE LEAVING TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS IN THE 4 TO 8 INCH RANGE. IN ADDITION...NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TONIGHT...WITH GUSTS AROUND 30 MPH POSSIBLE AFTER MIDNIGHT. THIS MAY CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

Really?  I thought it was an open air stadium. :blush:

My point is who wants to travel all thay way, spend all kind of money and have to put up with a snowstorm to travel around in for the weekend.

594489[/snapback]

Would that stop you from going of the Bills were playing?

4-8 inches is not called getting pounded. Where I come from they call that a dusting.

This is getting pounded!

/O.CON.KBUF.LE.W.0002.060205T1700Z-060207T1200Z/

OSWEGO-JEFFERSON-LEWIS-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...OSWEGO...WATERTOWN...LOWVILLE

346 PM EST SAT FEB 4 2006

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM SUNDAY

TO 7 AM EST TUESDAY...

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM SUNDAY TO

7 AM EST TUESDAY.

LOW PRESSURE TRACKING NORTH OF LAKE ONTARIO SUNDAY MORNING WILL

BRING A COUPLE INCHES OF SNOW TO THE AREA. AS MUCH COLDER AIR IS

DRAWN IN FROM THE WEST SUNDAY EVENING AND SUNDAY NIGHT...STEADIER

LAKE SNOWS WILL SET UP EAST OF LAKE ONTARIO. THIS WILL INCLUDE THE

WATERTOWN AREA. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES ARE EXPECTED

BY MONDAY MORNING. THE SNOW...COMBINED WITH SOUTHWEST WINDS

GUSTING OVER 40 MPH...WILL PRODUCE FREQUENT WHITEOUTS AND VERY

POOR DRIVING CONDITIONS SUNDAY NIGHT.

CONDITIONS WILL REMAIN FAVORABLE FOR LAKE EFFECT SNOW THROUGH

MONDAY NIGHT. THE MOST PERSISTENT LAKE SNOW AREAS COULD RECEIVE UP

TO 2 FEET OF SNOW BY TUESDAY MORNING.

IN LAKE EFFECT SNOW THE WEATHER CAN VARY FROM LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW

IN NARROW BANDS TO CLEAR SKIES JUST A FEW MILES AWAY. IF YOU WILL

BE TRAVELING ACROSS THE REGION BE PREPARED FOR RAPID CHANGES IN

ROAD AND VISIBILITY CONDITIONS.

I prefer to have it rotated through every NFL city.  Maybe some fans would actually get to see the game instead of Hollywood types...

594499[/snapback]

I always said the team with the better record should host the game. I know it will never happen, but it would be cool. Your team does the best, you host the championship.

I have been to seven Super Bowls. Miami, San Francisco, Tampa, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Atlanta. By far, in my experience, Minneapolis was the most fun, the best run, the most city involved, and the best experience of all of them. And it had nothing to do with the game.

594673[/snapback]

I was at the Minneapolis game, too. I despised the stadium (the game was no treat, as you mentioned), but loved the atmosphere and comraderie (sp?) there.

Obviously the game needs to be schedules far in advance of knowing who the teams are, so "home field" will never work. And, as some cities are really not equipped to handle the crowds or give the fans a decent experience, it really can't simply be rotated, IMO.

But, I'd like to see the NFL make a checklist/criterea for hosting the SB...and any city meeting that standard would be put into the rotation. The criterea needs to consider the quality/size of the stadium, luxury /weather protected boxes and seats/available hotel rooms and other facilities for tourists...but NOT weather, IMO. The game will sell out regardless of the weather and, while some corporate sponsors might not be thrilled with a cold weather site, they'll still buy the tickets, IMO.

An occasional cold weather/snow filled/rain drenched SB would add a lot of cache to the game, IMO. If you watch ESPN Classic (or some of the old NFL Films stuff) some of the greatest games in history have been cold weather/snow games. Given the current NFL philosophy, the chances of another cold weather/snow game being added to the "greatest" lists is slim.

I would love to have a SuperBowl back in the Bay Area! What, it's gonna be in the high 60's, low 70's here tomorrow? Cancel Stanford (Take off that Red shirt) Stadium. Won't happen in Oakland. If the new 49ers stadium ever gets built, that's probably the best bet. Cal Memorial Stadium just isn't accessable enough for a SuperBowl (although Tightwad Hill would be an experience watching a Superbowl).

I would love to have a SuperBowl back in the Bay Area!  What, it's gonna be in the high 60's, low 70's here tomorrow?  Cancel Stanford (Take off that Red shirt) Stadium.  Won't happen in Oakland.  If the new 49ers stadium ever gets built, that's probably the best bet.  Cal Memorial Stadium just isn't accessable enough for a SuperBowl (although Tightwad Hill would be an experience watching a Superbowl).

594723[/snapback]

You got it. The Bay area has all the necessities for the SB...except the stadium. I can't believe the Raiders and 49ers play in these hell-holes. If you've ever seen a game here, you'd never complain about the Ralph again.

This is why the SB should be on a regular rotation of San Diego, Miami, New Orleans, Houston and maybe Arizona.

Courtesy of weather.com...

SNOW... OCCASIONALLY MIXED WITH RAIN INTO EARLY THIS EVENING... WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES TONIGHT. THE BEST THREAT FOR HEAVY SNOW WILL BE DURING THE EVENING HOURS. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF SUNDAY MORNING AFTER SUNRISE... BUT NOT BEFORE LEAVING TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS IN THE 4 TO 8 INCH RANGE. IN ADDITION...NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TONIGHT...WITH GUSTS AROUND 30 MPH POSSIBLE AFTER MIDNIGHT. THIS MAY CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

594484[/snapback]

Seriously... you're a fag.

I prefer to have it rotated through every NFL city.  Maybe some fans would actually get to see the game instead of Hollywood types...

594499[/snapback]

I am surprised that this subject is not raised more often. This is an issue that has pissed me off for years, and it is yet another example of the people of WNY getting screwed. :blush:

I know that it would matter little, but perhaps we should "blitz" the NFL with several thousand e-mails, letters etc. and state our cause.

Give us the word Scott. :blush:

No one complained all week about Detroit. About time winter returned but so what the stadium is downtown, 80% of the hotel rooms are downtown, it will not be a problem.

I'd like to see Detroit get the game again, failry soon maybe in 2012 or 2013. If they are planning on putting the game in KC and maybe NYC why not back in Detroit!

594499[/snapback]

Buffalo could never host the SB because there is not enough hotel room and not enough convention space to host all the events. Plus, a 30 year rotation, that sucks! I like switching it up, but Miami, Hoston, San Diego, Phoenix should be 4 out of every 6 games with 2 other cities mixed in from time to time.

The new stdaium in Phoenix will become an NFL favorite.

Honestly, if your team is in the game, do you care where it is played? Miami fans would be pissed if they made a outdoor NYC super bowl, but most fans wouldn't care!

Maybe the NFL should allow players to buy up to 15 tickets and all players the chance to buy tickets. The fans gets screwed big time, having to pay scalper prices. They are one who made the game what it is and yet they get screwed.

However, with labor trouble looming, it might not matter because if the cap is lost the game will go to hell so fast, it won't really matter.

Really?  I thought it was an open air stadium. :blush:

My point is who wants to travel all thay way, spend all kind of money and have to put up with a snowstorm to travel around in for the weekend.

594489[/snapback]

It is called football , not golf , not tennis . Sure it is more comfortable in a dome , but it is much more cmfortable in my living room. The game should be played outside not in a living room.

I am surprised that this subject is not raised more often. This is an issue that has pissed me off for years, and it is yet another example of the people of WNY getting screwed.  :blush:

I know that it would matter little, but perhaps we should "blitz" the NFL with several thousand e-mails, letters etc. and state our cause.

Give us the word Scott.  :doh:

594746[/snapback]

Bill -

You make the false assumption that the NFL cares :blush:

It is called football , not golf , not tennis . Sure it is more comfortable in a dome , but it is much more cmfortable in my living room. The game should be played outside not in a living room.

594778[/snapback]

"It's not football - unless you have frozen snot in your moustache !"

Randy the Weatherman - 1999 Norton & Stout Bills' CD

Here's a crazy idea that would add even more interest to the Super Bowl and to the Pro Bowl and give the average fan to maybe see a Super Bowl live once in their lives.

Make the Pro Bowl count. Put real bullets in the gun for the Pro Bowl. Winning Conference gets home field advantage for the Super Bowl the following year AND the game is played at the HOME Stadium of whatever team makes it to the Super Bowl. Rotate the Pro Bowl among the warm weather cities. (New Orleans, Miami, LA, ect.)

For example-

The Pro Bowl for the 2004 season was won by the NFC. That would have given the NFC Home Field for this seasons Super Bowl which would have ended up obviously as Pittsburgh at Seattle.

That gives the fans in Seattle a chance to go to a Super Bowl and would still give the rich folk a chance to get wasted for a week in a warm weather city (the following week at the Pro Bowl) It would also be twice as much hype for the NFL and that means more ad dollars in Jerry Jones & Dan Snyders wallets. There would still be the two weeks of buildup for the SB and there would still be the 12 hour Super Bowl pregame show and everything else that goes with it- the SB would just be a home game for one of the teams.

Just imagine what it would be like in WNY if the Bills ever get back to the playoffs and have a shot to play the Super Bowl at Home in RWS. Talk about insanity.

The Super Bowl site can not be decided after the Conference Championships. There is simply not enough time for all the planning involved. That's why sites are awarded years ahead of time. I noted in another post that when I was at Miami in December, the planning commitee for SB XLI was having a conference in the same hotel.

Here's a crazy idea that would add even more interest to the Super Bowl and to the Pro Bowl and give the average fan to maybe see a Super Bowl live once in their lives.

Make the Pro Bowl count. Put real bullets in the gun for the Pro Bowl. Winning Conference gets home field advantage for the Super Bowl the following year AND the game  is played at the HOME Stadium of whatever team makes it to the Super Bowl. Rotate the Pro Bowl among the warm weather cities. (New Orleans, Miami, LA, ect.)

For example-

The Pro Bowl for the 2004 season was won by the NFC. That would have given the NFC Home Field for this seasons Super Bowl which would have ended up obviously as Pittsburgh at Seattle.

That gives the fans in Seattle a chance to go to a Super Bowl and would still give the rich folk a chance to get wasted for a week in a warm weather city (the following week at the Pro Bowl) It would also be twice as much hype for the NFL and that means more ad dollars in Jerry Jones & Dan Snyders wallets. There would still be the two weeks of buildup for the SB and there would still be the 12 hour Super Bowl pregame show and everything else that goes with it- the SB would just be a home game for one of the teams.

Just imagine what it would be like in WNY if the Bills ever get back to the playoffs and have a shot to play the Super Bowl at Home in RWS. Talk about insanity.

594788[/snapback]

I don't think this could ever work, as security, transportation issues, etc., would need to be handled much more in advance. If the SuperBowl Committee selects two cities for the upcoming year, meaning that Phoenix and San Diego were the cities up, AFC Wins the 2006 game, then San Diego gets the game, vica vers, etc.