WBEN: Dick Jauron is in town...

cooneyjwc

THANKS SOPRANO!!!! :rolleyes:

Jauron May Be Bills' Head Coach

Sunday, January 22, 2006 05:16 PM - WBEN Newsroom

Buffalo, NY (WBEN) - The search for a new head coach may have ended for the Buffalo Bills. WBEN and WGR have learned that Dick Jauron arrived at the Buffalo-Niagara International Airport this afternoon. Jauron made no comment but told WGR that he was, "...pleased to be in Buffalo." There has been no comment made by the team, although it was speculated that a new hire would be announced early this week. Jauron, a former head coach of the Chicago Bears, interviewed for the post last week and was thought to be one of the leading candidates along with former Green Bay coach, Mike Sherman. Jauron spent five years as the Bears head coach and also was interim head coach of the Detroit Lions after Steve Mariucci was fired this past season. The hiring of Jauron would also be a homecoming of sorts as he coached the Bills' defensive backs in 1985.

THANKS SOPRANO!!!!  :rolleyes:

Jauron May Be Bills' Head Coach

Sunday, January 22, 2006 05:16 PM - WBEN Newsroom

Buffalo, NY (WBEN) - The search for a new head coach may have ended for the Buffalo Bills. WBEN and WGR have learned that Dick Jauron arrived at the Buffalo-Niagara International Airport this afternoon. Jauron made no comment but told WGR that he was, "...pleased to be in Buffalo." There has been no comment made by the team, although it was speculated that a new hire would be announced early this week. Jauron, a former head coach of the Chicago Bears, interviewed for the post last week and was thought to be one of the leading candidates along with former Green Bay coach, Mike Sherman. Jauron spent five years as the Bears head coach and also was interim head coach of the Detroit Lions after Steve Mariucci was fired this past season. The hiring of Jauron would also be a homecoming of sorts as he coached the Bills' defensive backs in 1985.

577828[/snapback]

Did you read the other thread????????????????????????????????????????????????

Old boys network sets back buffalo again.

Sucks to be a young person and care so much for Buffalo/Bills on so many levels.

Politicians, Marv, Ralph - please retire and move on. You've screwed up our area enough... and now the Bills are done, too..

"Give whoever it may be a chance?"

WTF is that?

Jauron had a chance with Chicago and Detroit.

He's done and so is this bills supporting family. No more.

!@#$ the BILLS

Disappointing in a number of ways. First, many seemed to believe that Sherman was the better candidate. I also excited about the possibility of Bates as def. coordinator.

Second, I was upset when TD picked MM because of the so called "Pittsburgh" connection. I did not think that MM was the best candidate at the time, but I thought he got the job because TD was comfortable with him. We passed on Weiss, Crennel and others. Now it seems that Marv and RW are making the same mistake. Sherman has an excellent track record and playoff appearances. Jauron does not, other than one season and one playoff appearance. Are the players, possible free agents and fans going to view this as a franchise that is making a commitment to winning? I don't believe so.

Finally, I am incredibly annoyed at all of the poster with so called inside information. Some of these people should be banned from the board if the Jauron hire is true.

Just great, i'm sitting here watching Bill Cowler(sp?) bring his team back to the top of the AFC, then I log on and read that Jauron is probably gonna lead us. Wonderful! Gonna be another long 3 years until we get another chance to get a good coach. But we'll probably settle for the worst again. :rolleyes:

Bills | Team expected to announce Jauron as new head coach

Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:47:22 -0800

WGR550.com reports former Detroit Lions interim head coach Dick Jauron arrived in Buffalo Sunday afternoon, Jan. 22. Jauron was accompanied by his wife and told WGR Sportsradio 550,"it's great to be here." The Buffalo Bills are expected to officially introduce Jauron as their new head coach early this coming week.

And

Bills | Sherman has no comment

Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:47:45 -0800

WGR550.com reports former Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Sherman was reached at home by WGR Sportsradio 550 and when asked about the Buffalo Bills head coaching vacancy he replied, "no comment."

Since it started with WGR550...

577881[/snapback]

and involves the airport.......

Wonder if he flew coach..seems like Ralph would give the jet to the new head coach...I am guessing a body double just to throw everyone off :rolleyes:

I don't hate Jauron, but the selection itself doesn't exactly make me too thrilled with either Marv Levy or Ralph Wilson. I understand that you can't always listen to the fans, but damn, its pretty clear the fans wanted someone else and they just didn't care.

I am so sick of being disappointed by this organization. I have spent my whole life trying to look at the positive of every decision and situation this team has found itself in. But I can no longer sit and be positive when the organization continues to just kick us in the nuts.... I have spent the better part of a week looking on this board, just hoping that the team would give the fans something to be excited about. Something we can all grasp and give us some hope that things are moving in the right direction, and just when you think things are gonna work out just fine.... WACK the team hires Dick Jauron as HC and I once again feel like I was just kicked in the nuts.... Anyways, I am done venting.

I am so sick of being disappointed by this organization. I have spent my whole life trying to look at the positive of every decision and situation this team has found itself in. But I can no longer sit and be positive when the organization continues to just kick us in the nuts.... I have spent the better part of a week looking on this board, just hoping that the team would give the fans something to be excited about. Something we can all grasp and give us some hope that things are moving in the right direction, and just when you think things are gonna work out just fine.... WACK the team hires Dick Jauron as HC and I once again feel like I was just kicked in the nuts.... Anyways, I am done venting.

577899[/snapback]

You're not the only one.