Brett Maxie

FightClub

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Brett Maxie is the only one who returned Mike Mularkeys' telephone call... :)

560973[/snapback]

Actually a good point, we may have difficulties getting quality assistants here now that everyone knows MM is on a one year tryout. If the bills have the same depressing season again, those assistants will be cleared out with MM. If I am an assistant and I know a coordinator or HC who has just signed on somewhere, why would I sign with Buffalo, knowing that I may only have a year before the staff gets broken up? Just a thought

Actually a good point,  we may have difficulties getting quality assistants here now that everyone knows MM is on a one year tryout. If the bills have the same depressing season again, those assistants will be cleared out with MM. If I am an assistant and I know a coordinator or HC who has just signed on somewhere, why would I sign with Buffalo, knowing that I may only have a year before the staff gets broken up? Just a thought

560977[/snapback]

Or on the flip side, a coordinator might have an inside shot at getting the HC position after a year of showing his stuff with the Bills....

my two thoughts while perusing this tread:

1 :) why the EFF do we always have to be the team that provides on-the-job training for the inexperienced? what about capers or cottrell or SOMEONE that has actually performed the duties of this position before?

2. :( by all means, let's keep the menstruation jokes, uh (ahem), flowing.

Or on the flip side, a coordinator might have an inside shot at getting the HC position after a year of showing his stuff with the Bills....

560983[/snapback]

For a Jim Haslett or Jim Fassel, yes, I agree, but not any of the fodder that has been discussed so far.

If the Bills do not fire Gray, but let him accept an offer from another team (here in Austin, they are saying he is likely to be the DC and assistant HC to Gart Kubiak, in Houston), the Bills might be able to get a draft pick as compensation...just a thought?  Not sure if it works the same for coordinators as it does HC's...

560908[/snapback]

I hear we've offered a 4th to Houston if they name Gray DB coach, a 3rd if they name him D coordinator, and a 2nd if they name him head coach-we have the same offer on the table to the Jets, & since we play them twice a year, Marv is hoping the Jets grab that extra #2.