BREAKING NEWS

pdh1

I understand this kid, at 18 years old, possibly had a lot of thoughts about his father not being there for him, or loving football more than him, etc (not trying to play psychologist here.)  What strikes me is he has three younger siblings: 1 in middle school, 1 in kindergarten, and 1 in preschool.  It's a shame he couldn't take what he was feeling about his father being absent (if that even was the case), and turning it into a positive- being a role model for his younger brothers.  Those poor youngsters are going to have a hard time understanding this.

Always a horrible tragedy; the time of year compounds it...Good luck and Holiday Blessings to the Dungys.

540075[/snapback]

Not sure about the absent father thing. My sports illusrated just came, and there is an article about Dungy that says he deliberately did not work the kinds of hours that many other head coaches did, so he could spend time with his kids, and that he had trouble getting hired because he told future employers that his family was more important to him than football.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Not my kids, nor any one I know.

But after reading that kid's page, all I can say is "what an ass".

I love that "f*#K the police" and "america is racist so I am thug" message coming from a kid who's dad makes a ton of money coaching a game.

540224[/snapback]

I doubt that you were mature enough to be that thoughtful in your youth; I know that I wasn't. We tend to remember our past experiences in light of our current personality so, looking back, we probably regard any negative treatment that we received as being more unjust than it actually was.

You should give a kid like him a few years to grow up and learn some things before you pronounce him to be an ass.

Sadly, James Dungy won't get that chance.

I hope those who are passing on the links of condolence threads to the Colts organization have enough sense to actually read it before linking it.

540272[/snapback]

I would hope that nobody would pass this on as a condolence thread.

Isn't it a breaking news thread? And you would think that people in the

Colts organization would have a little more sense than to try to do so.

I doubt that you were mature enough to be that thoughtful in your youth; I know that I wasn't. We tend to remember our past experiences in light of our current personality so, looking back, we probably regard any negative treatment that we received as being more unjust than it actually was.

You should give a kid like him a few years to grow up and learn some things before you pronounce him to be an ass.

Sadly, James Dungy won't get that chance.

540384[/snapback]

when you're young, you feel like everyone is against you, not realizing that the people around are trying to protect you from what they know might not be the best thing

when you grow up you realize what they meant.

I don't know how Tony could even think about football at this time in his life, unfortunately, he will have to in a few weeks.

As a father myself I cannot imagine the grief and anguish that the Dungy family is going through right now. It's been a little over a year since my 2 best freinds lost their brother to suicide. Hearing this news today brought me back to that awful day last year and how heartbroken my friends family was.

My condolences to the Dungy family, friends and Colts fans. :D

As a parent who has lived through the sudden death of a young son (age 14) I know exactly what Dungy must be going through.

I am going to the Indianapolis/Seattle game on Saturday, now very reluctantly. I can't imagine that he'd be there...and I can't imagine that the Colts' minds will be there. As a parent I wish the Colts would forfeit the game (they don't need it) so the team could support Tony at this time....as a pragmatist and football fan of course I understand it'll go on.

So we'll just bring a sign to let the Dungys know they're in our thoughts and prayers.

It'll be hard for them to care much about a stupid Superbowl after this. Looks like we could be stuck with the damned Patsies again.

RIP James  :D

I have a feeling this story is going to take on other aspects of the hip-hop life style as this appears to be his website....I found the link on the colts board;

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=41899442

540117[/snapback]

mercifully, the site is down. it sure wasn't very flattering for poor coach dungy, was it? :w00t: