mularkey blames it on bad luck

nodnarb

//Any doubt I once had that this game is over Mularkey's head has now been officially squashed. He's both in over his head AND delusional. //

Scott Gershman (Lake Worth, FL): You always talk about making adjustments at halftime. Why does it seem, week in and week out that we can play decent football for the first half, and then after halftime we fall apart and the other team seems to make all the necessary changes to dominate the second half of games?

Mike Mularkey: I don't think it's a matter of halftime adjustments. It's a matter of making plays and we've had a chance to make plays. The ball has not bounced in our direction every time this year like I've seen it happen with some other teams. Unfortunately we have not finished games as strong as we should have, and that has nothing to do with halftime adjustments. We're just not finishing for a number of reasons.

//Any doubt I once had that this game is over Mularkey's head has now been officially squashed.  He's both in over his head AND delusional. //

Scott Gershman (Lake Worth, FL): You always talk about making adjustments at halftime. Why does it seem, week in and week out that we can play decent football for the first half, and then after halftime we fall apart and the other team seems to make all the necessary changes to dominate the second half of games?

Mike Mularkey: I don't think it's a matter of halftime adjustments. It's a matter of making plays and we've had a chance to make plays. The ball has not bounced in our direction every time this year like I've seen it happen with some other teams. Unfortunately we have not finished games as strong as we should have, and that has nothing to do with halftime adjustments. We're just not finishing for a number of reasons.

537645[/snapback]

I've got no problem with that. Oft times it's better to be lucky than good. The Patriots are the living example of that. :D

I've got no problem with that.  Oft times it's better to be lucky than good.  The Patriots are the living example of that.  :D

537650[/snapback]

Well, on the face of it - it doesn't seem so bad. But in the context of how this season unfolded, it is hard to point to the bounce of a pointy ball as the reason why we are 4-10. I don't see "bad luck" as the culprit as much as I see a bad football team.

This thread makes wonder how much the Bills miss Rusty Jones. Maybe the New Stength and conditioning guy sux eggs, and the Bills are just a bunch of Fat arsed guys who get TIRED in the fourth Quarter.... We all have heard the "the game is 60 minutes long, not 58" crap. I say we bring back Rusty, or at least fire the new guy....

C'mon people, we can all agree to fire the stength coach, cant we? We have to agree on SOMETHING?!?!?!?!

This thread makes wonder how much the Bills miss Rusty Jones. Maybe the New Stength and conditioning guy sux eggs, and the Bills are just a bunch of Fat arsed guys who get TIRED in the fourth Quarter.... We all have heard the "the game is 60 minutes long, not 58" crap. I say we bring back Rusty, or at least fire the new guy....

C'mon people, we can all agree to fire the stength coach, cant we? We have to agree on SOMETHING?!?!?!?!

538334[/snapback]

I wonder about the Rusty Jones/ Brad Roll thing, too.

I just remember these players looking like they had more in the tank last year.

But more importantly, more anti-Mularkey missiles from Capt. Easterbrook:

The Bills have done fine in the first half in 2005, outscoring opponents 140-138: The second half is a different story; Buffalo has been outscored following intermission by a worse margin than any team except cellar-dwelling San Francisco, which just became bowl-eligible. (See below.) Buffalo's second half-performance seems the cumulative effect of Bills coaches making timid decisions as if they assume the game will be lost anyway. As this column has documented, for five years under novice head coaches Gregg Williams and now Mike Mularkey, the Bills have punted, punted, punted in situations where winning teams seize the day. Not only did Buffalo punt on fourth-and-2 when down by 11 against Denver; earlier Buffalo punted from the Denver 33. When coaches don't try to win, their players get the message and eventually quit too.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9107835

Well, on the face of it - it doesn't seem so bad.  But in the context of how this season unfolded, it is hard to point to the bounce of a pointy ball as the reason why we are 4-10.  I don't see "bad luck" as the culprit as much as I see a bad football team.

537686[/snapback]

In support of which, I submit that which follows his "bad luck" statement:

"Unfortunately we have not finished games as strong as we should have, and that has nothing to do with halftime adjustments. "

:lol:;):rolleyes: This moron can't be gone soon enough.

There is a saying that goes "Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting desire".  MM says the Bills have had bad luck. To me, that translates into they have no desire. RW should have fired this idiot two weeks ago.

537696[/snapback]

I've always heard it as "preparation meets opportunity" which I agree with.

//Any doubt I once had that this game is over Mularkey's head has now been officially squashed.  He's both in over his head AND delusional. //

537645[/snapback]

Here's what has bounced in Mikey's direction:

Abyssmal play calling that would baffle the unbaffleable

An offensive line that has been MIA since Kent Hull retired

A running game that has run right out of The Ralph and disappeared into the Niagra Falls Mist

A defense full of Jerry's Kids that give up after half time and act like the Eleven Stooges. If they'd run into opposing players like they run into each other, that would be an improvement

A defensive coordinator that has been proven to be a fraud

A team ready to mutiny, no matter how much Fletch and Adams tow the party line

I'd love to see a CEO get up in front of the majority stockholders, give the same reasons as to why the company is tanking, and see how long they kept their job. About one fiscal quarter is the going rate.

I've got no problem with that.  Oft times it's better to be lucky than good.  The Patriots are the living example of that.  :lol:

537650[/snapback]

yes... lots of teams win 3 superbowls in 4 years because of good luck... keep thinking that

I've got no problem with that.  Oft times it's better to be lucky than good.  The Patriots are the living example of that.  :lol:

537650[/snapback]

So where the Bears on Sunday night... Maybe it was the Keion Carpenter connection that did the Falcons in when he INT'd (on the Bears only TD scoring drive of the game and MAJOR DIFFERENCE in the game) and then fumbled it right back.

Ya... Bills (or Bills connection) bad luck!