Ralph Wilson to Review Moulds Suspension

JDG

The Buffalo News is apparently reporting that Mularkey has asked Ralph Wilson to approve a suspension of Eric Moulds. It looks like we won't have to wait until the offseason to see the future of this team.

1) If the suspension is approved, I can't help but see this becoming a Keyshawn/TO situation where Moulds is suspended/deactivated for the rest of the season on the way to being cut. Given that Moulds has never seemed to be a head case in his 10 years here, this would be a sad situation indeed.

2) On the other hand, if the owner is going to overrule the Head Coach's own suspension, then Mularkey could, no *should*, either be fired or resign on the spot - and let Jerry Gray be interim head coach for the rest of the year. The Head Coach can't be overturned on suspending one of the highest-profile players on the team and survive..... And if Mularkey is fired/resigns, how long can Donahoe realistically survive after blowing two head coaching picks?

JDG

The AP is apparently reporting that Mularkey has asked Ralph Wilson to approve a suspension of Eric Moulds.    It looks like we won't have to wait until the offseason to see the future of this team.

1) If the suspension is approved, I can't help but see this becoming a Keyshawn/TO situation where Moulds is suspended/deactivated for the rest of the season on the way to being cut.    Given that Moulds has never seemed to be a head case in his 10 years here, this would be a sad situation indeed.

2) On the other hand, if the owner is going to overrule the Head Coach's own suspension, then Mularkey could, no *should*, either be fired or resign on the spot - and let Jerry Gray be interim head coach for the rest of the year.  The Head Coach can't be overturned on suspending one of the highest-profile players on the team and survive.....    And if Mularkey is fired/resigns, how long can Donahoe realistically survive after blowing two head coaching picks?

JDG

523533[/snapback]

Well...I think Ralph may try to find some kind of compromise here in order to make it look like things are ironed out and all is well...But internally... I think no matter what, the damage is done here... :D

The Buffalo News is apparently reporting that Mularkey has asked Ralph Wilson to approve a suspension of Eric Moulds.    It looks like we won't have to wait until the offseason to see the future of this team.

1) If the suspension is approved, I can't help but see this becoming a Keyshawn/TO situation where Moulds is suspended/deactivated for the rest of the season on the way to being cut.    Given that Moulds has never seemed to be a head case in his 10 years here, this would be a sad situation indeed.

2) On the other hand, if the owner is going to overrule the Head Coach's own suspension, then Mularkey could, no *should*, either be fired or resign on the spot - and let Jerry Gray be interim head coach for the rest of the year.   The Head Coach can't be overturned on suspending one of the highest-profile players on the team and survive.....    And if Mularkey is fired/resigns, how long can Donahoe realistically survive after blowing two head coaching picks?

JDG

523533[/snapback]

couldnt agree with you more. lets cross our fingers and hope. mularkey does nothing but cause unnecessary drama. like i said earlier he is the whiny woman who gets her panties all bunched up if someone disagrees with him.

From the BN article

In the meantime, Moulds is not expected to attend today's practice and will not take part in any team activity until he meets with Wilson, which won't happen until Thursday at the earliest.

I think we'll have to wait until tomorrow or Friday to see what the first shot fired is.

From the BN article

I think we'll have to wait until tomorrow or Friday to see what the first shot fired is.

523547[/snapback]

Well, would someone in the area please get over to the Sundowner and ask Eric what the hell is going on? We need to know, and he has a few days off, find him and lets get the real story!

I can see RW's press conference now.

RW - After speaking with Eric, I have decided to fire TD, MM, TC and JG. Sam Wyche will be the interim head coach until a replacement is named later. Thank you for attending today.

523539[/snapback]

That would make my day.

2) On the other hand, if the owner is going to overrule the Head Coach's own suspension, then Mularkey could, no *should*, either be fired or resign on the spot - and let Jerry Gray be interim head coach for the rest of the year.  The Head Coach can't be overturned on suspending one of the highest-profile players on the team and survive.....    And if Mularkey is fired/resigns, how long can Donahoe realistically survive after blowing two head coaching picks?

JDG

523533[/snapback]

If MM is overruled and decided to resign based on principle, it would only prove how stupid he is and be the biggest Xmas gift to Ralph or us fans that we could ever hope for. I think Ralph may acutally decide to keep MM for at least another year, due to him being the highest paid coach in Bills histroy and that he has three years left on said contract. However, were MM to up and quit over this then the organization would be off the hook for the remaining salary - a win-win in that the team doesn't have to eat the salary (which could preclude Ralph from paying for the best possile replacement he can find) and we get MM out of here B-)

If he rubber stamps the suspension, then does that signal MM is here to stay ? Why would he back this if he intended on firing him next month ?

523545[/snapback]

May be because he wants both of them gone....and One (MM) is doing him

a favor of being the scapegoat to get EM out of here...

Should MM be fired or resign in-season, Sam Wyche should be the interim HC...IF he can/will do it. Not that Gray doesn't deserve a shot somewhere, but, in-season it's good to have a guy who's done the job before.

A one-game suspension is different than sending him home for the season (and his Bills' career). Though the details we know are so sketchy, I can see RW backing MM under these circumstances. How EM might react to a 1-game suspension is anyone's guess though, he may be better off just calling it a day & getting ready for his future beyond the Bills.

Should MM be fired or resign in-season, Sam Wyche should be the interim HC...IF he can/will do it.  Not that Gray doesn't deserve a shot somewhere, but, in-season it's good to have a guy who's done the job before.

523762[/snapback]

With us all-but elimianted from the playoffs, it doesn't really matter that much. I'd be concerned about Wyche's voice, and it would be a nice guesture to Gray to give him some experience for his resume.

JDG

The fact that Ralph has to be a referee in anything doesn't bode well for MM and espescially TD.

Not that I think that Eric is the greatest or anything but he has contributed quite a lot to this organization and if Ralph has any stones left at all, he will recognize that.

Eric has always had a way of politely pouting, but to see his career here end like this on top of seeing Rueben and then Bobby Shaw from last year leave under these scenarios should be a major wake up call to Ralph.

Why the hell would any player want to come and be a part of this?

Wow Ralph, this really is judgement day for your stewardship of our beloved Buffalo Bills.

Do the right thing Ralph. Make sure you run the right two guys out of town!

The fact that Ralph has to be a referee in anything doesn't bode well for MM and espescially TD.

Not that I think that Eric is the greatest or anything but he has contributed quite a lot to this organization and if Ralph has any stones left at all, he will recognize that.

Eric has always had a way of politely pouting, but to see his career here end like this on top of seeing Rueben and then Bobby Shaw from last year leave under these scenarios should be a major wake up call to Ralph.

Wow Ralph, this really is judgement day for your stewardship of our beloved Buffalo Bills.

523978[/snapback]

Amen, but make that four guys to be run out of town. TD, MM, TC and JG.

523978[/snapback]

well said. only i think mm and td have an advantage in the fact that ralph is up in age and people of his age can be easily manipulated. I think they are manipulating rw. ralph i hope you can see how they deceive you and will get rid of these two who have bastardized the organization you created with your blood sweat and tears.

Hey, does anyone know why Ralph is deciding this? Isn't Tom Donahoe the President of the Buffalo Bills? Where the heck is the chain of command?

Sounds very screwed up.

Like Moulds was suspended but Ralph stepped in and quelched it, "Not before I talk with him you don't," which would mean that the front office has lost Ralph's support...