The Moulds situation

Dawgg

who I will not name.

1. Moulds was not in the game plan period. This was established days before the game.

2. Moulds asked the coaches what the deal was. Coach said this gave them best chance to win.

3. Moulds suggested that if he is merely a decoy, he should be benched.

4. Coach got angry and benched him.

5. Moulds has since been suspended.

Perhaps this is no new information, but wanted to pass this along.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

523306[/snapback]

If this is true, then EM is being a whiny crybaby b1tch...its stupid to not have EM in the gameplan(MM's fault), but if you arent, b1tchin about it makes you look like a baby.

who I will not name.

1. Moulds was not in the game plan period.  This was established days before the game.

2. Moulds asked the coaches what the deal was.  Coach said this gave them best chance to win.

523306[/snapback]

I'm confused. What do you mean that he wasn't in the game plan? If he was being used as a decoy, then he certainly was part of the game plan, right? Or, do you mean that, not being part of the game plan, they didn't have any plays where he would be the #1 target?

It's one thing to say, "you're not in the game plan" and just bench the guy. But it's another when you say, "Our game plan is to get Lee the ball and use you as a decoy." The former scenario is dumb; I'd rather have Moulds on the field than Aiken. But the latter makes Moulds look like a primadona crybaby for not getting the ball or not being targeted.

let's not forget that he didn't stay in Buffalo over the simmer like Evans and Reed.

523321[/snapback]

Yeah, what was his excuse for that? That he wanted to stay home in Mississippi and work out? Funny how he wouldn't go to Buffalo to work with JP but he didn't have a problem going to Malibu to work out with RJ in the 1999 offseason.

who I will not name.

1. Moulds was not in the game plan period.  This was established days before the game.

2. Moulds asked the coaches what the deal was.  Coach said this gave them best chance to win.

523306[/snapback]

reading these responses, it makes me think more and more that buffalonians simply don't like star players who want to make plays. frankly, i think they'd prefer a team of timmy tindales and brandon spoons. the responses here are unbelievable and depressing.

reading these responses, it makes me think more and more that buffalonians simply don't like star players who want to make plays. frankly, i think they'd prefer a team of timmy tindales and brandon spoons.  the responses here are unbelievable and depressing.

523325[/snapback]

yeah...we hated Kelly and Reed and Thurman and Bruce and ....

reading these responses, it makes me think more and more that buffalonians simply don't like star players who want to make plays. frankly, i think they'd prefer a team of timmy tindales and brandon spoons.  the responses here are unbelievable and depressing.

523325[/snapback]

It just makes me sad and mad. There is obviously alot going on that we, as fans, are not hearing about. Obviously we don't know Moulds; we only know what we see and read, but it doesn't bode well for the Bills as a whole when a 10 year veteran who has given his all for the team is suddenly so pissed at the coach's decisions that he decides not to play (or is benched). It makes it difficult to get quality free agents to want to go to Buffalo. Let's face it, there are certainly more attractive markets to play in where you can play under the warmth of a dome or under the sunny skies of SD or FL, effectively extending your career more by not having to deal with the (at times) horrendous conditions at RWS. Remember Adams had his issues with the staff, too. Granted, Adams has always been known as a "me" type player, but Moulds has not. Something really stinks and I am not sure who to blame, but Mularkey is only in his second year and Moulds has been there for a decade which leads me to point my finger of blame at the coach and the upper management. GO BILLS!!!!

523325[/snapback]

Did you pick those two players for any specific reason?

Did you pick those two players for any specific reason?

523339[/snapback]

no, other than the fact that a lot of people were gaga over spoon in 2001 even though he sucked and everyone loved the canadian wonder back in the short-lived todd collins era. both were try-hard guys without all the tools. there are plenty of other guys i could have chosen -- drew haddad, jamie mueller, lou piccone, etc. etc.

no, other than the fact that a lot of people were gaga over spoon in 2001 even though he sucked and everyone loved the canadian wonder back in the short-lived todd collins era. both were try-hard guys without all the tools. there are plenty of other guys i could have chosen -- drew haddad, jamie mueller, lou piccone, etc. etc.

523340[/snapback]

Umm... Lou Piccone WAS good and made many big catches and ST plays for several years..

Try again.

523340[/snapback]

Makes sense. The thing is that tools wear out.

523325[/snapback]

Yep, I agree.

The thing that really upset/annoys me with this entire situation is that Moulds' time in a Buffalo uniform is going to end this way. Given the current state of the league and the way players move about from team to team Moulds was the one player we could count on to be here. Of the players on the current team, he is Mr. Buffalo Bill, a guy who has been here his entire 10-year career. It was already depressing enough knowing the guy wasn't going to be here next year (granted, deservingly so given his cap hit) but now to have it end like this. Just sad.

reading these responses, it makes me think more and more that buffalonians simply don't like star players who want to make plays.

Yeah, I don't really get it myself. "Do what the coaches tell you to do and shut up!" Ummm, if my boss came to me and said, "There's this big project coming up that you have a lot of experience with, but we're going to let this new guy out of college run the whole thing and you can sit back and clean up the filing cabinets for us," I'd be complaining very loudly and I would assume most people here would do the same. The number one thing about a job is that it needs to provide satisfaction, and it doesn't matter how much money you're making, that doesn't provide satisfaction.

Unless everyone on this board is a wuss and just does what they're told everyday...

CW

Makes sense. The thing is that tools wear out.

523346[/snapback]

You know Bill for someone that is bigtime pro labor, pro union, your take on this is very odd. I would think you would be all over management for their obvious disrespect of a "senior" member and leader on this squad.

Have any of you ever been in a job that didn't allow you to reach your full potential?

I currently am, and let me tell you it sucks. :D

I am not paid millions to do what I do, but I can understand EMs frustration.

I can't change jobs for several reasons, but if MM is still here next year, EM won't be and I hope like heck he doesn't end up with an AFC East team.