The Moulds situation

Dawgg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no need to try again. memories are indeed short.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/PiccLo00.htm

523359[/snapback]

His team mates during these years?

WR's JD Hill, Bob Chandler, Ahmad Rashad, Frank Lewis, Jerry Butler :D

So he was the #2 or #3 guy and a special teamer for 9 years, in the company of some of the leagues best. These were also during the days when Joe Ferguson's role was to hand off to OJ and Ground Chuck offenses.

Memories are short indeed. :(

That whole scenario all makes sense except three things:

1. Moulds had seven catches for 84 yards in the last week, with more passes to him than in any other game and that play at the one called back would have been 8 for 100+.

2. That game plan and decoy produced three straight touchdown passes in the first quarter and the most productive Bills passing offense we've seen in several years.

3. A great deal of JP's passes are when he scrambles and rolls out and looks for anyone in a Blue jersey that's open and coming back for the ball. And the main criticism he seemed to get here early is the fact he wasn't looking off his intended receivers and going to his secondary receivers, which he is doing now.

reading these responses, it makes me think more and more that buffalonians simply don't like star players who want to make plays. frankly, i think they'd prefer a team of timmy tindales and brandon spoons.  the responses here are unbelievable and depressing.

523325[/snapback]

Of who do you speak? Moulds :D:( Star player? Moulds? This year or two years ago?

Last time I checked it was the '05 season and the wiley veterans have been inconsistent - like newbies.

Mould has been the heart of this time and the one constant for 10 years. To have his streak end because of a this was stupid coaching and not fan friendly. Moulds still has several good years left in him and while he may have needed to take a pay cut, there was no guarantee he would have had to leave Buffalo.

I think the coach is wrong and does not know how to call plays or handle players and shades of Greg Williams, he will be gone soon as will Donahue.

Guest BackInDaDay
Something stinks at OBD and it starts at the top. 

523377[/snapback]

Don't forget the Williams to OG move. Anyone with a some knowledge of OL blocking could tell his play didn't translate to that spot. That embarassment sure smells more like a TD decision than McNally one.

TD's coaching this team. Mularkey's a puppet. Tom Clements wants to coach again, so he won't say anything. Wyche is happy to be back in the NFL and is probably trying to help his protege through this.

How involved is Ralph? Do all of the GM's decisions cross the owner's table, or do they only go so far as the club president's. :D

If MM can somehow recover the respect of his veteran players and stand up to Donahoes meddling, he may get them to believe in themselves. Otherwise we're in for some long seasons.

Well, if he was a decoy, it sure did help free up Evans, didn't it.  Get rid of this cancer.

523308[/snapback]

You guys are a bunch of idiots, he is this team’s best football player, has been for many years and he deserves to have some say in the game plan. What coach would be worried about decoying that secondary, one that features Tillman as the free safety, an ex-Buffalo reject; another example of Mulurkey out thinking himself. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HIM COME HERE NEXT YEAR IN THE PATRIOIT COLORS AND LIGHT UP THIS JOKE OF AN ORGANIZATION AND FOOL OF A HEAD COACH.

His team mates during these years?

WR's JD Hill, Bob Chandler, Ahmad Rashad, Frank Lewis, Jerry Butler   :D

So he was the #2 or #3 guy and a special teamer for 9 years, in the company of some of the leagues best. These were also during the days when Joe Ferguson's role was to hand off to OJ and Ground Chuck offenses.

Memories are short indeed.  :(

523411[/snapback]

who has the short memories? j.d. hill and rashad were long gone by the time piccone joined the bills in '77, and butler and lewis joined the squad a couple of years after later. o'j.'s last decent season with the bills was '76, which is a year before piccone arrived. and the point is that he was a marginal nfl player, not a difference maker, yet he holds a place in the heart of many bills fans. he couldn't break into the starting lineup, yet so many people have extremely fond memories of his playmaking skills. he averaged 13.5 receptions and 1 td per season and played on special teams. 'nuff said.

QUOTE(MDH @ Dec 7 2005, 10:33 AM)

Except that Moulds hasn't done anything to attract attention to the situation, MM has. Moulds defered comment, MM is the one drawing attention to it by trying to suspend Moulds.

Indeed, how many teams in a player-coach conflict is the player saying "no comment" and the Coach is talking to the press????? What an embarassment!

JDG

=================================

Well, you guys have good points there.....what a mess! :D

Of who do you speak?  Moulds :D  :(  Star player?  Moulds?  This year or two years ago?

Last time I checked it was the '05 season and the wiley veterans have been inconsistent - like newbies.

523415[/snapback]

you wait and see. next year when moulds is on a better team with a consistent qb with a good line, all of you moulds haters will eat your words. you all should be ashamed for ganging up on such a selfless player who puts himself before his teamates. you dont see players like him these days. go ahead bring up his children cause thats the only thing you can bring up is things off the field that have nothing to do with his contributions to the team. Something tells me his meetign with wilson might actually be a positive however. i am hoping. moulds was the reason why we beat miami the first time this year. he knows how to play them. and his absence will cause our loss to NE. Wherever he goes next season he is going to thrive. all you naysayers are gonna immediately jump the fence and start talking **** about how the management was stupid for letting him go. thats the usual pattern here.

You guys are a bunch of idiots, he is this team’s best football player, has been for many years and he deserves to have some say in the game plan. What coach would be worried about decoying that secondary, one that features Tillman as the free safety, an ex-Buffalo reject; another example of Mulurkey out thinking himself. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HIM COME HERE NEXT YEAR IN THE PATRIOIT COLORS AND LIGHT UP THIS JOKE OF AN ORGANIZATION AND FOOL OF A HEAD COACH.

523422[/snapback]

Did you not watch what the game plan did? It is only when we went away from the game plan did the team start to falter. The game plan was the most explosive offense we have seen here in a long time. And Eric Moulds hasn't been the Bills best player in well over three years. Not even to be considered in that category. He is a once great player.

no, other than the fact that a lot of people were gaga over spoon in 2001 even though he sucked and everyone loved the canadian wonder back in the short-lived todd collins era. both were try-hard guys without all the tools. there are plenty of other guys i could have chosen -- drew haddad, jamie mueller, lou piccone, etc. etc.

523340[/snapback]

Give me 53 guys with the determination of these 3 and we'll kick your butt week after week after week!!!!!!

Someone said Moulds was the heart of the Bills and the one constant for the last 10 seasons.

My question is how many playoff games have the Bills won since 1996? ZERO. Case closed.

523429[/snapback]

i had to correct this post cause i shouldnt call you an idiot. that wasnt nice and i apologize. but i just dont see how you can just make a statement like that because you'r emaking it look so black and white. we havent won playoff games let alone played in playoff games in a while because of TD. and in 96, when EM was a rookie, marv made him ride the pine and return kicks and punts. it wasnt until wade took over that EM really started to become a part of the offense.

Don't forget the Williams to OG move.  Anyone with a some knowledge of OL blocking could tell his play didn't translate to that spot.  That embarassment sure smells more like a TD decision than McNally one. 

TD's coaching this team.  Mularkey's a puppet.  Tom Clements wants to coach again, so he won't say anything.  Wyche is happy to be back in the NFL and is probably trying to help his protege through this. 

How involved is Ralph? Do all of the GM's decisions cross the owner's table, or do they only go so far as the club president's.  :D 

If MM can somehow recover the respect of his veteran players and stand up to Donahoes meddling,  he may get them to believe in themselves.  Otherwise we're in for some long seasons.

523420[/snapback]

Anyone with some knowledge of oL blocking? Um, Jim McNally was the first to suggest this move last year.