Official "Keep Losman in there" thread

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing both QB's,  versus the same team,  in the same conditions,  gave me a better perspective on who's better.  It's not even close,  KH shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as JP anymore.  As far as I'm concerned,  KH getting hurt won us the game.

502896[/snapback]

The conditions weren't the same.

- The Bills' line improved with the benching of Mike Williams

- It's often harder for a defense to stop an offense in the 2nd half than the first half due to fatigue.

- KC prepared for Holcomb, not Losman

Losman did well with the opportunity he was given, but I for one am not going to jump to the conclusion that he necessarily has a bright future in this league. As a rookie, Ryan Leaf engineered a come-from-behind victory against the Bills. One good game does not a good QB make.

The kid looked pretty poised today, and his accuracy was a lot better.  I can't wait to see what he does with a dominating Willis.  Nice to see him connecting with Evans, too.

I think he needed this kind of win (off the bench, coming to the rescue).  We needed it, too.

I am so much more excited now that I'll (hopefully) be seeing JP play against Carolina instead of Holcomb.  No offense to the latter, but he doesn't get me excited about anything.  Today showed me that the future of the Bills could be really exciting (the young guys did pretty well on D too, btw).

501561[/snapback]

JP should start every game from now on, regardless of how he plays.....unless 8-8 is good enough. Playing him here and there wont get it done development wise, fans in Buffalo will have to learn patience, whether they like it or not.

The conditions weren't the same.

- The Bills' line improved with the benching of Mike Williams

- It's often harder for a defense to stop an offense in the 2nd half than the first half due to fatigue.

- KC prepared for Holcomb, not Losman

Losman did well with the opportunity he was given, but I for one am not going to jump to the conclusion that he necessarily has a bright future in this league. As a rookie, Ryan Leaf engineered a come-from-behind victory against the Bills. One good game does not a good QB make.

502915[/snapback]

Excuses are like... :blink:

You really could not have had much better coverage than the Chiefs did on the second touchdown that JP threw. That likely would have been a score against the #1 rated pass defense in the league. When a bomb to a player with Evans' speed and ability is executed perfectly, it is almost impossible to defend.

You really could not have had much better coverage than the Chiefs did on the second touchdown that JP threw. That likely would have been a score against the #1 rated pass defense in the league. When a bomb to a player with Evans' speed and ability is executed perfectly, it is almost impossible to defend.

502922[/snapback]

I like the fact that unlike other people on this board, you're not trying to defend Losman by attacking Holcomb.

I like the fact that unlike other people on this board, you're not trying to defend Losman by attacking Holcomb.

502947[/snapback]

Nobody needs to defend Losman, his play spoke volumes yesterday.

You are the one defending Holcomb, by making JP's performance seem like a fluke.

Nobody needs to defend Losman,  his play spoke volumes yesterday. 

You are the one defending Holcomb,  by making JP's performance seem like a fluke.

502950[/snapback]

I hope JP finishes the season as the starter and finishes strong. That said, until he puts it together week in and week out, it is kind of a fluke, isn't it?

Either way, here's to hoping that the "fluke" turns into a trend! :blink:

I hope JP finishes the season as the starter and finishes strong. That said, until he puts it together week in and week out, it is kind of a fluke, isn't it? 

Either way, here's to hoping that the "fluke" turns into a trend! :blink:

502952[/snapback]

It is, what it is. A good game by a young QB, which we hope to be a stepping stone to his future.

A fluke is more like a career backup, throwing for 400+ yards, in a playoff game versus Pittsburgh.

I haven't read the entire thread, so I'm simply replying to the original topic...

At this point, I'd say lets commit to JP. The division is close, so we should definitely have a shot at the end of the season, however I'd say stick with Losman, through thick and thin. At this point - we're going to need to know FOR SURE if he's the guy for the job. I, for one, would like to know by the end of this season - if not, we can go a different direction in the post season. Benching him in favor of a career backup is only delaying the inevitable - for better or worse.

502915[/snapback]

I never would have guessed that you'd come here today and post questions concerning Losman. :blink:

Let me guess, the Oline suddenly played much better yesterday than it had the last 4 1/2 weeks and that enabled Losman to throw the ball down field while Holcomb never had the time to do so?

Nobody is anointing Losman the "next" anything. Most just want to see the kid put in so he has the opportunity to develop so that we can determine whether this kid is the future at QB or not. Holcomb, with 85% of his passes going for 10 yards or less through the air and apparently afraid to take shots downfield (or throw intermediate passes), definately isn't our future.

I'd never root for a player to get hurt and I hope Holcomb is okay but I don't want to see him on the field again this year.

Nobody needs to defend Losman,  his play spoke volumes yesterday. 

You are the one defending Holcomb,  by making JP's performance seem like a fluke.

502950[/snapback]

I don't care whether you are a JP fan or a Holcomb fan. I don't care whether you think Holcomb gives us the best chance to win right now or whether you think JP gives us the best chance to win right now. I don't care whether you think JP should start next week or Holcomb should start next week. BUT, no matter who you are, you should hope JP plays lights out and outplays Holcomb because that is the best possible scenario if you're a Bills fan. That's the best thing that could happen to this team is that JP Losman turns out to be a stud. We don't need Holcomb to be a stud, we need Losman to be a stud.

I don't care whether you are a JP fan or a Holcomb fan. I don't care whether you think Holcomb gives us the best chance to win right now or whether you think JP gives us the best chance to win right now. I don't care whether you think JP should start next week or Holcomb should start next week. BUT, no matter who you are, you should hope JP plays lights out and outplays Holcomb because that is the best possible scenario if you're a Bills fan. That's the best thing that could happen to this team is that JP Losman turns out to be a stud. We don't need Holcomb to be a stud, we need Losman to be a stud.

502962[/snapback]

BINGO!

I haven't seen anything mentioned (in the media) about why on a day when it was windy enough to mess up both kickers, Green got picked off as much in 1 game as all season and Kelly Holcomb outright sucked, JP threw 2 good long TD passes to Evans. Holcomb doesn't have the arm strength to play on an extended basis in Buffalo weather, JP does.

I must admit, I was grumbling and complaining the entire game while Holcomb was in there. When I saw JP warming up after Holcomb's fumble & concussion I got really psyched. My biggest concern at the time was KC would hold onto the ball long enough for Holcomb to feel better & get back into the game. The 1st td was right near my seat (219 1 13).