I like it, I love it.

aussiew

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Country isn't too much unlike a type of music I love - Irish and Celtic folk.  But that ain't country music.  It's really bad pop in a cowboy hat.  But that's just my opinion.

478807[/snapback]

Mmm hmm. The best country music actually has some soul to search a la Cash, Haggard, Jennings, even Willie. Tim McGraw might as well be singing about chicken McNuggets -- it would have about as much meaning as his usual material.

Mmm hmm.  The best country music actually has some soul to search a la Cash, Haggard, Jennings, even Willie.  Tim McGraw might as well be singing about chicken McNuggets -- it would have about as much meaning as his usual material.

478848[/snapback]

That Chicken Fries song is pretty awesome...

Mmm hmm.  The best country music actually has some soul to search a la Cash, Haggard, Jennings, even Willie.  Tim McGraw might as well be singing about chicken McNuggets -- it would have about as much meaning as his usual material.

478848[/snapback]

Yup. Give me some twangy ol' bluegrass hillbilly who actually feels the song's story over 99.9% of what passes for 'new' country any day of the week.

Loosen up you guys.  We are talkin country music here. 

Who the hell knows what is pure and what's not?

478862[/snapback]

Well, a shill for ABC sports who sings lyrics about the weekend's football games written about three hours ago by some dude in Hollywood, I'd have to say that's not quite the authentic country music I'm looking for, but, whatever. If it makes someone feel good and I can mute it, I suppose it's no problem here.

I believe that's the first time a man has ever told me that.  :D

When I was younger my dad tried to get me into it, but beyond wearing a kilt and going to Highland Games, I wanted nothing to do with it.  Now that I'm a bit older, I wish I would have shared some of his enthusiasm at the time.

I have a friend who knows a little Gaelic.  She's tried to teach me some of the basics but I just can't seem to retain it.  Through repetition and osmosis I can follow the Scots' English in a traditional Burns Night Dinner (Ode to a Haggis), but that's as close to Gaelic as I get. :blink:

478830[/snapback]

I have nothing to worry about, you wear a dress for God's sake. :doh:

you guys ever see shane macgowan in concert?

478838[/snapback]

yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah is my favorite Pogues tune-

"I gave you misery i gave you lies

I never hurt you, apologize

I love your lips i love your eyes

I love your breasts i love your thighs

yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!"

Country music is no different than any other kind of popular music. Most of it is crap, but the good stuff is as good as anything else...Hank Williams Sr is one of the greatest song writers ever, any genre...Merle and Willie are no slouchs either...