Did anybody else see O.J. at the game?

actually he was at the goal line on the Bills side about 5 rows behind me. He certainly was trying to be noticed as he sat in the first row of the suite directly in the middle of the open window. I was a little disappointed that approx 90% of the fan reaction was positive. Not trying to start a debate, but if he is going to attend, then he should go out of his way to stay in the background. Of course, asking someone who made a pez dispenser out of the mother of his children to use a little common sense might be asking too much.

actually he was at the goal line on the Bills side about 5 rows behind me. He certainly was trying to be noticed as he sat in the first row of the suite directly in the middle of the open window. I was a little disappointed that approx 90% of the fan reaction was positive. Not trying to start a debate, but if he is going to attend, then he should go out of his way to stay in the background. Of course, asking someone who made a pez dispenser out of the mother of his children to use a little common sense might be asking too much.

472052[/snapback]

you sound like Romie...I have to completely agree.

472052[/snapback]

Well said. That is surprising and disappointing

OJ is a piece of sh--. How can anyone clap for that sh-- stain?

472335[/snapback]

Oh, I dunno, because it was a Bills game and he was the greatest Bill ever?

Let people applaud for the player; I'm sure OJ the person gets enough stojan everyday.

Why were people clapping for that alcoholic Thurman at halftime? :rolleyes:

472052[/snapback]

The glove didnt fit man.... :wub:

The blood on the SUV came from a defect in her tampax the night before :rolleyes:

he didnt do it :)

You people are the reason democracy does not work.

He was proven not guilty

The only one who knows is him.

472352[/snapback]

Actually he wasn't proven not guilty...he was not proven guilty.

You people are the reason democracy does not work.

He was proven not guilty

The only one who knows is him.

472352[/snapback]

This reminds me: I saw a comedian out in L.A. when the Kobe Bryant trial was going on. He said this:

"Everyone out here is talking about the Kobe Bryant rape trial. 'Do you think he would do that? Is she just setting him up? She just wants his money...' Well, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of everyone talking about it. You are all just speculating, you don't know what really happened. So let's just drop it. He is innocent until the proven guilty, so stop the speculation. I mean, really, the only people who know what happened in the hotel room that night are Kobe Bryant and that girl that he raped."

:rolleyes:

You know, I get real tired of everyone busting OJ's balls.

This is a dude who thrilled people for years with his precedent-setting football prowess, and he did it in a manner like no runner before him ever could. After all those years of thrills and entertainment, he turned to movies, where he had memorable roles in memorable movies that made us laugh 'til our sides split. I can't speak for everyone, but that man entertained me for more than 25 years in one form or another.

The dude has ONE BAD DAY and everyone gets in his shitt.

What surprised me was that he walked in with just one other person next to him. He was right ahead of me entering the stadium. We just followed him in. He didn't have body guards or anything. Many reconized him and just waved or called out "Hi OJ".

Let people applaud for the player; I'm sure OJ the person gets enough stojan everyday.

Why were people clapping for that alcoholic Thurman at halftime?  :rolleyes:

472345[/snapback]

Let me know when Thurman kills a couple of people. I'll stop cheering for him. Alcoholism vs murder? Yeah, roll another doobie, Einstien.

What surprised me was that he walked in with just one other person next to him. He was right ahead of me entering the stadium. We just followed him in.  He didn't have body guards or anything. Many reconized him and just waved or called out "Hi OJ".

472495[/snapback]

In a sick way... The privacy and anonymity so many stars seek has been achieved.

Essentially, OJ was found "not guilty" because the LAPD and DA's office proved they were totally inept. Virtually every piece of major evidence was tainted in some way. The most important pieces of evidences were mostly compromised even worse, for example:

- Detectives on the scene not only didn't rope off the white Bronco with crime tape, they actually put their coffee cups on it, leaving rim marks.

- One of the lead decectives took OJ's shoes home with him, and had them booked the next day, as opposed to taking them to the lab, in direct violation of department policy.

- The lead criminoligist, Fun, or whatever his name was, couldn't even remember what he did with OJ's blood sample after taking it, when asked to testify about the chain of custody. Judge Ito had to point out to him, watching a video, that he might have been carrying it with him in a plastic bag.

- Furman was very obviously a liar. It's a virtual certainty he planted the glove. None of the glove testimony, or his on that issue, added up. He found the glove back there, but there were no broken branches in the trees to synch up with Kato's testimony about hearing a "thump". Furman also testifiied that he stood at a streetcorner for over an hour doing nothing, several hours earlier, after being informed that lead detectives had taken over juristiction from him. He testified quite specifically that once given a directive such as that, he wouldn't "take the lead" without informing his superiors; that's why he was just standing around doing nothing. Yet, he later testified that he walked right by these same superiors in OJ's living room, without saying a word, out the door to conduct an independent investiation in which he found the glove.

- The most critcial piece of evidence, the Bronco with DNA samples of OJ and both victims, was kept completely unsecured. Several people testified that they "sight-see'd" the vehicle, and one person even said on the stand that he took some paperwork out of the car as a keepsake.

IMO the jury did their job. You can't convict somebody if there isn't credible evidence to support the verdict. OJ's team did their job, exposing the ineptness of the LAPD and the prosecutor's office.

Like most/all posters in this thread, I believe OJ committed that crime. If I happend to ever see him in person, I probably won't say anything. He's a lot bigger than me, and I'm not nearly as fast a runner as I used to be.

Amen brother!  He got away with an atrocity that will forever sully Bills history.  I certainly don't respect him as a human being.

472734[/snapback]

He did get away with an atrocity. I don't respect him as a human being, either. But I am not willing to cede Bills history to him--even to merely sully it.

In my opinion, too many honorable people have worn the uniform, coached the players, and watched from the stands for the past 46 years to allow the actions of one cretin to mar this team's history.

Well done Don. If I need a lawyer I'm calling you! I really don't care if your a lawyer or not.....You did this at 3:25am. Maybe the LAPD could use you!

Also, in a number of years when OJ is lying in his death bed, I'm quite certain that in his final minutes on earth the Juice will be scared shitless. :pirate:

Essentially, OJ was found "not guilty" because the LAPD and DA's office proved they were totally inept.  Virtually every piece of major evidence was tainted in some way.  The most important pieces of evidences were mostly compromised even worse, for example:

- Detectives on the scene not only didn't rope off the white Bronco with crime tape, they actually put their coffee cups on it, leaving rim marks.

- One of the lead decectives took OJ's shoes home with him, and had them booked the next day, as opposed to taking them to the lab, in direct violation of department policy.

- The lead criminoligist, Fun, or whatever his name was, couldn't even remember what he did with OJ's blood sample after taking it, when asked to testify about the chain of custody.  Judge Ito had to point out to him, watching a video, that he might have been carrying it with him in a plastic bag.

- Furman was very obviously a liar.  It's a virtual certainty he planted the glove.  None of the glove testimony, or his on that issue, added up.  He found the glove back there, but there were no broken branches in the trees to synch up with Kato's testimony about hearing a "thump".  Furman also testifiied that he stood at a streetcorner for over an hour doing nothing, several hours earlier, after being informed that lead detectives had taken over juristiction from him.  He testified quite specifically that once given a directive such as that, he wouldn't "take the lead" without informing his superiors; that's why he was just standing around doing nothing.  Yet, he later testified that he walked right by these same superiors in OJ's living room, without saying a word,  out the door to conduct an independent investiation in which he found the glove.

- The most critcial piece of evidence, the Bronco with DNA samples of OJ and both victims, was kept completely unsecured.  Several people testified that they "sight-see'd" the vehicle, and one person even said on the stand that he took some paperwork out of the car as a keepsake.

IMO the jury did their job.  You can't convict somebody if there isn't credible evidence to support the verdict. OJ's team did their job, exposing the ineptness of the LAPD and the prosecutor's office.

Like most/all posters in this thread, I believe OJ committed that crime.  If I happend to ever see him in person, I probably won't say anything.  He's a lot bigger than me, and I'm not nearly as fast a runner as I used to be.

472752[/snapback]

Why were people clapping for that alcoholic Thurman at halftime?  :pirate:

472345[/snapback]

OJ deserves whatever verbal abuse or otherwise he gets. There is no distinction between OJ the person and OJ the player; both are double-murderers. I sat in section 130 on Sunday and couldn't observe the reaction because I was very close to the field, but the tenor of the response and craned necks was such that I thought people viewed the man as a sideshow but did not evince outward support.

In my view, there is a big difference between an alcoholic who admits his faults and works to help others and a man who murders the mother of his children. At least now OJ can cross the dugout suites at the Ralph off as potential locations for the "real killer(s)."

Actually he wasn't proven not guilty...he was not proven guilty.

472356[/snapback]

Don't want to split hairs - and my British understanding of the US judicial process may not be 100% - but OJ was proven not guilty and acquitted of all charges in a criminal court. Technically speaking he was not guilty of the crime he was charged for.

In a civil court OJ was found to be liable for the deaths - he was not found guilty in that sense of the phrase.

Let me know when Thurman kills a couple of people.  I'll stop cheering for him.  Alcoholism vs murder?  Yeah, roll another doobie, Einstien.

472500[/snapback]

Actually, an alcoholic is probably more likely to kill somebody... It is this kind of thinking that makes light of the situation and ends up with the problem drinker behind the wheel going unnoticed.

The numbers speak for themself... Especially on the water. Everyday people are being killed.

Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith just happened to be lucky.

Who was the dude the Bills picked up from Detroit in the late 80's (Reggie Rogers?)that wiped out the kids?...

:pirate:<_<

Don't want to split hairs - and my British understanding of the US judicial process may not be 100% - but OJ was proven not guilty and acquitted of all charges in a criminal court. Technically speaking he was not guilty of the crime he was charged for.

In a civil court OJ was found to be liable for the deaths - he was not found guilty in that sense of the phrase.

472833[/snapback]

Well, you'd be wrong. In a US court it is up to the prosecution to prove guilt. If they do not prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, the jury must find the defendant not guilty. The defense does not prove "not guilty". He was aquited because the prosecution didn't prove him guilty.

You are correct when you say "Technically speaking he was not guilty of the crime he was charged for". But he wasn't "proven" not guilty...he simply was not proven guilty. so he was "found" not guilty.

In Civil court the standard is different. They are not bound by "reasonable doubt" but by the preponderance of the evidence (where's the damn spell check?).

I'm neither supporting nor attacking OJ. Just wanted to help clear up your confusion with US law procedures.

He was in a box on the Bills side of the field.

(around the 20 yard line closest to the tunnel)

I don't know whose box it it was.

472020[/snapback]

He Was there My mother in law shook his hand. She said he was drinking diet Pepsi

He Was there My mother in law shook his hand. She said he was drinking diet Pepsi

473064[/snapback]

She said he was drinking "diet Pepsi". DIET Pepsi? Did she taste it? Did she ask the Juice, "Yo, OJ...what's in the cup?" Did he shake her hand and say, "You know, miss, this is simply a cup of diet Pepsi...in case anyone asks what I was drinking."?

Perhaps our friend the Plastic Cup can weigh-in on this vital issue.

473064[/snapback]

Shake his hand? <_< I think if I ever came across OJ, I wouldn't acknowledge him at all. Then again, maybe I'd make some snide remark about, "How is the search for the real killer going?". :pirate:

DonInBuffalo, you are wrong on all your counts. There was more evidence for OJ's guilt than I have ever seen. What got OJ off was that they found the 12 stupidest people in LA that they could.

One juror after the trial said "They didn't prove to me that blood has DNA."