Bledsoe looking SOLID: again!

Buffan00

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He also never got sacked, can you imagine a Buffalo team playing a defense like Philadelphia’s and giving up zero sacks?

This is very true. Our OL did not compliment Bledsoe's style of play, but the truth is, Bledsoe doesn't compliment a mediocre OL either.

The guy is what he is. There is no need for us to to pine away for a guy that has a known pattern of putting up solid numbers early and then fading when it matters most.

I want my QB to play big in the most important games and to help overcome OL and other deficiencies without naming them or bringing them to light. Granted, our OL needs to improve across the board, but Bledsoe, in his 3 years as a Bill, never showed an ability to take it to the next level and lead the Bills to victory.

The guy is a butcher.

Where were all of you drew knob bobbers last week when he went 11 for 26?

You drew apologists are about as consistent as a patsie or red sox fan...

471298[/snapback]

Not unlike those today, who are praising Holcomb, after acting like jilted school girls this past week! :D

Wait till week nine.

Seriously, Drew Bledsoe will NEVER lead his team to a Super Bowl win. We all know that.

471395[/snapback]

I hear this a lot, and it's probably true, but not for the reason the idiots think. He probably won't simply because he probably won't.

Guess what? The same is true of Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, and countless others. On the other hand, it seems that it is the likes of Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer who do win them. So what do we conclude?

That most starting QB's have a chance to win the Superbowl if everything falls into place. Drew has as good a shot as anybody else on a winning team.

Guess what?  The same is true of Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, and countless others.  On the other hand, it seems that it is the likes of Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer who do win them.  So what do we conclude?

That most starting QB's have a chance to win the Superbowl if everything falls into place.  Drew has as good a shot as anybody else on a winning team.

471667[/snapback]

Same is NOT true of Brett Favre, Troy Aikman and Tom Brady. All are accurate passers and have led their teams to SB victories in the same era that you are mentioning. So, you cannot point to some cases while ignoring the others. Bottom line though is that the QB by himself cannot lead a team to a SB victory.

Contrary to today's feel good posts - I do not think we are playoff ready as a team. I am very happy about yesterday's win but let us not get the illusion that we can beat any team in the league today.

Same is NOT true of Brett Favre, Troy Aikman and Tom Brady. All are accurate passers and have led their teams to SB victories in the same era that you are mentioning. So, you cannot point to some cases while ignoring the others. Bottom line though is that the QB by himself cannot lead a team to a SB victory.

Contrary to today's feel good posts - I do not think we are playoff ready as a team. I am very happy about yesterday's win but let us not get the illusion that we can beat any team in the league today.

471692[/snapback]

But I'm not pointing at some and not others. I'm arguing that you cannot say "So and so can win a Superbowl but whatzit cannot," by showing that there have been great QB's that didn't and merely servicable ones that did. The other guy is the one saying Drew lacks some essential ingrediant that proves he can never win it, so it would fall to him to tell us what it is about Drew that seperates him from anybody who has or could have won one.

So it is the Oline that caused Bledsoe to look bad, but TD was correct for cutting the cancer?

Parcells gets the most from his players?

We are better off with JP or KH than with DB at QB?

I am lost here.

Bottom line...

With a good OL, DB looks like a Pro Bowl QB. TD should have built a better OL.

With a good coach, DB looks like a Pro Bowl QB. TD should have chosen a better coach for the TALENT he brought in.

Bottom line, DB was not the problem, the OL and coaching was and is the problem.

An please do not tell me that DB plays better at the beginning of the season, we were 0-4 last year.

Let's see where Bledsoe stands at the end of the season. It was an impressive outing against the best of the NFC(Philly), but he had a lot of impressive games during his first half season as a Bill. That being said, letting DB go was still the right move to make.

He wasn't taking this team to the promised land, no if's and or buts!

PS How was Bledsoe's performance last week against one of the leagues charity cases aka Oakland?

Let's see where Bledsoe stands at the end of the season.  It was an impressive outing against the best of the NFC(Philly), but he had a lot of impressive games during his first half season as a Bill.  That being said, letting DB go was still the right move to make. 

He wasn't taking this team to the promised land, no if's and or buts!

PS How was Bledsoe's performance last week against one of the leagues charity cases aka Oakland?

471711[/snapback]

Actually, it was above average. It was not great, but it was certainly not as bad as some of the stinkers that we have seen this year while watching the Bills.

So it is the Oline that caused Bledsoe to look bad, but TD was correct for cutting the cancer?   

I am lost here.

Bottom line...

With a good OL, DB looks like a Pro Bowl QB.  TD should have built a better OL.

With a good  coach, DB looks like a Pro Bowl QB.  TD should have chosen  a better coach for the TALENT he brought in.

Bottom line, DB was not the problem, the OL and coaching was and is the problem.

An please do not tell me that DB plays better at the beginning of the season, we were 0-4 last year.

471706[/snapback]

You are 100% correct. It is nice to see some sanity on this board when it comes to the issue of DB.

The other guy is the one saying Drew lacks some essential ingrediant that proves he can never win it, so it would fall to him to tell us what it is about Drew that seperates him from anybody who has or could have won one.

471699[/snapback]

Okay- I think the one essential ingredient he misses is playing well in big games.

Okay- I think the one essential ingredient he misses is playing well in big games.

471738[/snapback]

You mean like important divisional games against the best team in the NFC.

Or against the Steelers to get the Pats in the Super Bowl.

Or getting into the Super Bowl with the Pats when Parcells was there.

Actually, it was above average.  It was not great, but it was certainly not as bad as some of the stinkers that we have seen this year while watching the Bills.

471731[/snapback]

Above average?? Take a look at the stats. It actually looks a lot like the games he had last year.

11 for 26, 212 yards passing, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 Sacks & 13 points scored against one of the worst defenses in the league.

Above average??  Take a look at the stats.  It actually looks a lot like the games he had last year.

11 for 26, 212 yards passing, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 Sacks & 13 points scored against one of the worst defenses in the league.

471775[/snapback]

8.15 ypa, though, which is excellent. that's the most important qb stat there is.

that's actually a very good showing for a"bad game". he's not gonig to be great every game -- no one is. also, the raiders' defense isn't nearly as bad as you are claiming. their first 3 losses were against 3 of the 4 best offenses in the league - NE, KC, and Philly (and they would have beaten Philly on the road if not for missed FG attempts). they have good talent in the secondary and on the defensive line.

in fact, they were picked by many to go the super bowl.

8.15 ypa, though, which is excellent. that's the most important qb stat there is.

that's actually a very good showing for a"bad game". he's not gonig to be great every game -- no one is. also, the raiders' defense isn't nearly as bad as you are claiming. their first 3 losses were against 3 of the 4 best offenses in the league - NE, KC, and Philly (and they would have beaten Philly on the road if not for missed FG attempts).  they have good talent in the secondary and on the defensive line.

in fact, they were picked by many to go the super bowl.

471816[/snapback]

His performance was definitely closer to "bad" than it was to "above average" as Peter(not to be confused with Pete ;) ) stated.

No matter what Bledsoe does the "Bledsoe Haters Society" of this board will have to instantly decry it lest they be forced to admit that the QB they gleefully ran out of town on a rail is a far better QB than anyone on the current Bills roster is or is likely to become in the near future.

Therefore all such Hater Comments should be taken as being made with a large dose of Salted Crow as it becomes ever more increasingly obvious that "Anyone But Bledsoe" is not and never was the answer for this teams current offensive woes..

And now as we watch the fortunes of the Cowboys rise and the ineptitudes of our offense become ever more glaringly visible, they rise up again and chant, louder and louder, hoping that the sheer volume will mask the lack of reason behind their cries.

Because of course, the answer is always, BUT DUDE, BLEDSOE SUCKS...

His performance was definitely closer to "bad" than it was to "above average" as Peter(not to be confused with Pete ;) ) stated.

471993[/snapback]

I just wish JP could have played as "badly" the last three weeks as DB played last week.

If you were to say that DB had an average game last week against the Raiders (as opposed to above average), I probably would not take issue with that. But to say that he played badly is just not correct. All you have to do is look at weeks 2 through 4 of the Bills games to see what "bad" QB play looks like.

No matter what Bledsoe does the "Bledsoe Haters Society" of this board will have to instantly decry it lest they be forced to admit that the QB they gleefully ran out of town on a rail is a far better QB than anyone on the current Bills roster is or is likely to become in the near future.

Therefore all such Hater Comments should be taken as being made with a large dose of Salted Crow as it becomes ever more increasingly obvious that "Anyone But Bledsoe" is not and never was the answer for this teams current offensive woes..

And now as we watch the fortunes of the Cowboys rise and the ineptitudes of our offense become ever more glaringly visible, they rise up again and chant, louder and louder, hoping that the sheer volume will mask the lack of reason behind their cries.

Because of course, the answer is always, BUT DUDE, BLEDSOE SUCKS...

472006[/snapback]

It is probably killing Jerry Sullivan and the Haters Club on this board that he is proving them wrong.

Could somebody please answer me this....Why does anyone feel the need to still defend Bledsoe? So what if he gets bashed here at TBD? He's a goddam Cowboy and the Cowboys suck...every last one of them including their coach and owner.

If anyone feels that strongly about, why not go wash his balls over at a Cowboy message board. ;)

Could somebody please answer me this....Why does anyone feel the need to still defend Bledsoe?  So what if he gets bashed here at TBD?  He's a goddam Cowboy and the Cowboys suck...every last one of them including their coach and owner.

If anyone feels that strongly about, why not go wash his balls over at a Cowboy message board.    :blink:

472017[/snapback]

I'll flip your question around and ask:

Could somebody please answer me this...Why does anyone feel the need to still bash Bledsoe? So what if he gets praised here at TBD? He's a goddam Cowboy and the Cowboys suck...every last one of them including their coach and owner.

The bashers didn't mind starting threads during the first preseason game about how badly he played, and even started threads after one of the first plays of the first regular season game. But when he plays well, nobody should talk about him? ;)

CW

Philly looked tired two road games in arow.

as for the line they sure didn't look good last week or that pass at the goal that drewster threw at the feet of the rec. on 4 down .......don't worry the old rubber band arm will stiffin up in philly!

471361[/snapback]

Good post. You might even have taken the hate to a new level of stupidity. I know, the competition is great, but keep trying.

I'll flip your question around and ask:

Could somebody please answer me this...Why does anyone feel the need to still bash Bledsoe? 

472026[/snapback]

Because of his gutless performance in 2003. Most cowardly "leader" to ever wear a Bills uniform, bar none. That memory needs to be preserved & passed on to future generations, so that when, years from now, a Bills player lands in the fans' doghouse, everyone can say "Yeah, he sucks... but at least he's no Bledsoe." :blink:

Try looking at it that way, it's really a good thing. ;)

Why is Drew such a big factor for argument here?

472073[/snapback]

Because it seems that wishing a former Bill well at his new team is beyond the ability of many people.

Remember the mantra: "A former Bill is the most vile individual on the planet." :rolleyes:

Sad but true. There were a couple people bad mouthing Thurman during his Wall inducton, calling him a traitor. :)

Because it seems that wishing a former Bill well at his new team is beyond the ability of many people. 

Remember the mantra: "A former Bill is the most vile individual on the planet." :rolleyes:

472081[/snapback]

This is very true. Our OL did not compliment Bledsoe's style of play, but the truth is, Bledsoe doesn't compliment a mediocre OL either.

The guy is what he is. There is no need for us to to pine away for a guy that has a known pattern of putting up solid numbers early and then fading when it matters most.

I want my QB to play big in the most important games and to help overcome OL and other deficiencies without naming them or bringing them to light. Granted, our OL needs to improve across the board, but Bledsoe, in his 3 years as a Bill, never showed an ability to take it to the next level and lead the Bills to victory.

The guy is a butcher.

471400[/snapback]

This really should've been the end of thread.

It is quite humorous that the Bledsoe Haters Club on this board had no problem posting about him after the first Cowboys' preseason game or after the first quarter of their game against the Chargers.

472218[/snapback]

Seems there are two clubs in this thread: The Bledsoe Haters Club and The Bledsoe Fellators Club.

Seems there are two clubs in this thread: The Bledsoe Haters Club and The Bledsoe Fellators Club.

472230[/snapback]

It seems that the one club is motivated by an irrational hatred for Bledsoe whereas the other club has questioned why the Bills and some on this board chose to blame all of our offensive problems on one player and make him the scapegoat for larger issues (as has so amply been demonstrated this season).

It seems that the one club is motivated by an irrational hatred for Bledsoe whereas the other club has questioned why the Bills and some on this board chose to blame all of our offensive problems on one player and make him the scapegoat for larger issues (as has so amply been demonstrated this season).

472234[/snapback]

Have you built a cross to nail him on yet?

I am lost here.

Bottom line...

With a good OL, DB looks like a Pro Bowl QB.  TD should have built a better OL.

With a good  coach, DB looks like a Pro Bowl QB.  TD should have chosen  a better coach for the TALENT he brought in.

471706[/snapback]

Let's make no mistake about this:

The Bills are FAR FAR better off without Bledsoe. I wasn't a Bledsoe basher, but it was time for him to leave this team. I always thought that, in the right situation, he could still be a good QB. Dallas is closer to that "right situation". But, don't assume he's going to continue on this pace. Remember, he looked GREAT for half a season here, too. (Of course, Dallas doesn't have Kevin Killdrive to worry about.) He was a Pro-Bowl QB here, if you remember, until teams remembered what they should have known about him from his days as a Patriot: Hit him early and hard and he's done. Once Drew literally "feels" the pressure, he figuratively feels it for the rest of the game and he has NO ability to avoid it.

Now you can turn this into a reason to bash TD if you want...have at it. Clearly this is the contuning problem with this team. But, fixing the line is not as easy as you make it sound. It isn't done overnight. Given the line situation, would you want DB as the QB this year?

As for the genius Parcells...well, he's certainly better than Greggo and Killdrive...that's for sure. But, remember old Bill has ZERO superbowl rings without Bellicheck...none...nada...zip! BB has three without Parcells. But, I digress. Dallas is 3-2 and the Bills are 2-3. You'd think the Cowboys were undefeated and the Bills were winless with some of the talk on this board. I honestly believe that the Bills would have a worse record if DB were starting at QB (and I think Dallas would have a worse record with either of the Bills QBs).

:rolleyes:

Let's make no mistake about this:

The Bills are FAR FAR better off without Bledsoe. 

472295[/snapback]

If you wanted to weigh the other side of that theory you might begin by considering that for the last 10 games of 2004 we averaged something along the lines of 36 points a game.

>>>>>Now you can turn this into a reason to bash TD if you want...have at it.  Clearly this is the contuning problem with this team.  But, fixing  the line is not as easy as you make it sound.  It isn't done overnight.<<<<<

How long does it take? 5 years? 10? What is OK Dean?

472302[/snapback]

My point was (and remains) that releasing DB was the right thing to do given the existing situation. Obviously TD gets some (a lot?) of the blame for that situation...but, the situation is what it is right now. As this was a praise Drew thread, I wanted to note that I believe we are better this year w/o DB.

I agree that TD's big failing with this club has been the continuing OL problems. But, I don't think TD could have "fixed the line" this offseason. Getting rid of DB was a move he was able to make this offseason.

If you wanted to weigh the other side of that theory you might begin by considering that for the last 10 games of 2004 we averaged something along the lines of 36 points a game.

472306[/snapback]

I know that you have a point (you usually do)...but I can't find it. Pretend I'm stoopid (no great acting feat, there) and 'splain what you mean, please.

Thanks

:rolleyes: