Get off Losman's back!

It wasn't JP who gave up over 230 yards rushing. It wasn't JP who made the decision not to line up four receivers against a team that had 3 DB's out. It wasn't JP who decided that Jerman would be a better start at RT than Jason Peters. Coming back from Buffalo, Harv reminded me that last year ... after four games ... a lot of people in Cinci were screaming for Carson Palmer's head, too.

It also wasn't Losman who selected another Wide out in the draft and did NOT improve the O-line in front of the "rookie" QB, and it was not Losman who hasn't given the QB a pass catching TE since , who Pete Metzalars (sp)!!!

It wasn't JP who gave up over 230 yards rushing. It wasn't JP who made the decision not to line up four receivers against a team that had 3 DB's out. It wasn't JP who decided that Jerman would be a better start at RT than Jason Peters. Coming back from Buffalo, Harv reminded me that last year ... after four games ... a lot of people in Cinci were screaming for Carson Palmer's head, too.

455294[/snapback]

I agree. Losman has to be given a couple of years. He would have to play ridiculously bad for him not to get all of this year and next to show his abilities.

I agree.  Losman has to be given a couple of years.  He would have to play ridicuously bad for him not to get all of this year and next to show his abilities.

455307[/snapback]

One thing - and only one thing I disagree with here. He will have to show IMPROVEMENT over the 2nd half. Last year, Carson Palmer started to show brilliance in the SECOND HALF of the season. This year, Cinci's 3-0 and Palmer looks great. If Losman CANNOT show marked, radical growth between now and December, then it becomes the Todd Collins scenario. (That's a MUCH better analogy than any Rob analogy which people were tossing around carelessly yesterday, because the Bills cut their losses with Collins after ONE year as a starter.)

One thing - and only one thing I disagree with here. He will have to show IMPROVEMENT over the 2nd half. Last year, Carson Palmer started to show brilliance in the SECOND HALF of the season. This year, Cinci's 3-0 and Palmer looks great. If Losman CANNOT show marked, radical growth between now and December, then it becomes the Todd Collins scenario. (That's a MUCH better analogy than any Rob analogy which people were tossing around carelessly yesterday, because the Bills cut their losses with Collins after ONE year as a starter.)

455320[/snapback]

I'm making the assumption that he shows some progress throughout the course of this season. I agree that if at the end of December, he is still throwing for 100 yards a game, completing less than 50 percent of his passes and being inaccurate, it will not be pretty.

This is silly.

Yes, our D was the worst performer on Sunday, in terms of the 3 groups.

But Losman was the worst INDIVIDUAL performer.

Some of you are already starting to back off and say, well, it's going to take a while...we'll suck until he's ready. Don't forget: This team was supposed to win NOW, the same way the steelers did it with BRoethlisberger. The team referenced their situation many times. THey said they're winning NOW. They said it in a variety of ways. After game 1 it looked like they were demonstrating that vision.

But the reality is we were just lucky to play such a horrid team to make us look better than we are.

Losman is NOT seeing the field. He's not seeing wide open receivers. He's hesitating. He has addressed his failure to pull the trigger and yet it continues. I give him credit for his ownership but this glitch in his game is the worst glitch you can have.

And it could haunt him his entire career. Which would make his career short. Hopefully he'll get over it. I Like the kid. But again, it's a coach's game. And mularkey has not impressed me yet. Like him, but I'm not impressed. If I could trade him right now for Saban, I would.

Too negative for ya? Well, whatever. I'm sick of the same old story with minor edits.

I agree.  Losman has to be given a couple of years.  He would have to play ridiculously bad for him not to get all of this year and next to show his abilities.

455307[/snapback]

If he plays bad the rest of this year, how can you give him next year to prove himself too?? In three weeks he's regressed, of course he's also played against better defenses, but if he plays like he did yesterday in December that's not going to fly.

It also wasn't Losman who selected another Wide out in the draft and did NOT improve the O-line in front of the "rookie" QB, and it was not Losman who hasn't given the QB a pass catching TE since , who Pete Metzalars (sp)!!!

455304[/snapback]

Amen!

And it could haunt him his entire career. Which would make his career short. Hopefully he'll get over it. I Like the kid. But again, it's a coach's game. And mularkey has not impressed me yet. Like him, but I'm not impressed. If I could trade him right now for Saban, I would.

455349[/snapback]

I think it is Tom Clements who is the OC....He should have exposed that

secondary of the falcons....

But to expose the secondary your QB needs time...for that the OL must

pass block....which was ZERO.

455304[/snapback]

With any luck that wide out (Roscoe) and the TE (KE) will help this guy get over the hump.

...except for the fact that one guy is a 10+ year vet and the other has started 3 game s in the NFL.

455331[/snapback]

I feel bad for Losman - the truth is our O-line blows chunks. Especially, in pass protection. Until management gets their heads out of their collective a**holes,no QB is safe. So this whole let the young guy get his on the job training now, is just insane. All we're gonna do is get him killed and destroy his confidence.

In one series yesterday the opposing D-lineman was on him in 1.9 seconds. 1.9 seconds!! The combination of having no O-line, no TE who we want to throw to or a back who can pick up the blitz worth a damn, is gonna just s***f*** us.

I say let's put Holcomb in there until we have an O-line worth a damn.

To try to A/B the Bills against the Steelers or Patriots is just weird. Those teams have O-lines that can actually hold their blocks for longer than 3 secs.

But, the way our other units have been playing - maybe we should just be resigned to "rebuilding" another year.

Jeez...

Charles

If he plays bad the rest of this year, how can you give him next year to prove himself too?? In three weeks he's regressed, of course he's also played against better defenses, but if he plays like he did yesterday in December that's not going to fly.

455353[/snapback]

Like I said before, unless he continues like this for the remaining 13 games, showing no improvement, he more than likely will get another shot next year. He's going to have ups and downs this season. Can you give him at least a few more games before you get on the Leinhart bandwagon. :(

With any luck that wide out (Roscoe) and the TE (KE) will help this guy get over the hump.

455368[/snapback]

Plus we punch it in to the end zone on those first two drives...and we are in

the game....and Losman gets more confidence....

Bottom line is why go for 4th-1 twice on a QB sneak....why can't we use

anything else....like spreading the field out and then have Losman run for

the 1st down or having your best weapon Mcgahee run it down their throat...

BAD PLAY CALLING througout the GAME.

Too negative for ya? Well, whatever. I'm sick of the same old story with minor edits.

455349[/snapback]

WTF...Did you expect Losman to be an All-Pro right out of the gate. Go back and take a look at Eli Manning when he came in for Warner last year. 3 games and you are ready to write off his career. Did I expect that Losman through 3 games would show more signs than he has? Sure I did, but I'm not ready to write him off, because he hasn't.

I think it is Tom Clements who is the OC....He should have exposed that

secondary of the falcons....

But to expose the secondary your QB needs time...for that the OL must

pass block....which was ZERO.

455365[/snapback]

I was ready to jump on your first sentence, then I read your second. You are exactly right.

455294[/snapback]

JP Losman is no Carson Palmer. I wish people would stop comparing the two.

WTF...Did you expect Losman to be an All-Pro right out of the gate.  Go back and take a look at Eli Manning when he came in for Warner last year.  3 games and you are ready to write off his career.  Did I expect that Losman through 3 games would show more signs than he has?  Sure I did, but I'm not ready to write him off, because he hasn't.

455394[/snapback]

Did you think that JP would give us a better chance to win than Bledsoe THIS season? Tell the truth. :(

Like I said before, unless he continues like this for the remaining 13 games, showing no improvement, he more than likely will get another shot next year.  He's going to have ups and downs this season.  Can you give him at least a few more games before you get on the Leinhart bandwagon. :(

455375[/snapback]

I'm not on the Leinhart bandwagon, just thought I would throw it out there for some debate today to see what my fellow Bills fans thought.

Besides, if the Bills were to end up with Leinhart that would setback them back another year in TD's master rebuilding plan, and I for one am quite tired of missing out on the postseason. Tailgating in January at the Ralph rocks.

Did you think that JP would give us a better chance to win than Bledsoe THIS season? Tell the truth.  :(

455440[/snapback]

Yes. Bledsoe would have been sacked every single time that JP has run the ball and gained a few extra yards.

455294[/snapback]

I love you, John. :(

He might have been able to hit Evans and Moulds with some decent passes too, no? Maybe even longer than 5 yards.

455450[/snapback]

Only if the offensive line plays great, or the receivers are open which hasn't been the case pretty much every time JP scrambles. Though there were a couple of plays were Moulds was open and JP didn't toss it to him in the Atlanta game.

jp looks like he's being over coached ,everyone is telling him look here,

look there, don't do this, do it like that, if this then that , everyone is in his ear players, all the coaches, fans more fans ,,family?,,, everyone is coaching when he really needs one coach and one coach only,, If emoulds track record is any indication he's probably pissing and moaning as much as anyone in the locker room...

I say let the kid play HIS game which seems to me to be somewhere between m.vick and a j.kelly style of play run when its there and stand in the pocket when it forms which isn't very often with this line.

JP Losman is no Carson Palmer. I wish people would stop comparing the two.

455437[/snapback]

To quote napolean dynamite..."Mr clutch, theres no way anyone could even know that..."

I see we have another b.harami among us with their "knowledge" on football...

To quote napolean dynamite..."Mr clutch, theres no way anyone could even know that..."

I see we have another b.harami among us with their "knowledge" on football...

455495[/snapback]

Wow, twice in the same day I get compared to b.harami. Must be my lucky day.

Anyway, was I claiming anything about my knowledge? Did I state I'm smarter than you? However, it doesn't take an idiot to see that JPL is not a Carson Palmer. Carson Palmer made rookies mistakes but you could see his potential. He tried to do too much and force too many balls as most rookies do.

On top of rookie mistakes, JPL just looks lost on a football field. His awareness is horrendous and doesn't have the football sense that Palmer does. How you can look at an open receiver and than throw to a double covered one?

So to disprove your point, if you theoritically gave all 30 NFL coaches the choice of having either JPL or CP straight from college, do you know how many would pick JPL? ZERO!

455304[/snapback]

Yeah, because we didn't pick Kevin Everett in the draft. As if great TEs grow on friggin' trees.

So your solution is to pick a couple of more rookie OLineman to improve the team? I guess watching the two out there at the end wasn't eye opening for you?

So your solution is to pick a couple of more rookie OLineman to improve the team?  I guess watching the two out there at the end wasn't eye opening for you?

455563[/snapback]

You don't understand. Rookie OLineman picked in the 1st Rd of the draft are GUARANTEED to be ProBowlers, and TD surely must hate the Bills for not picking us any since MW...

You don't understand. Rookie OLineman picked in the 1st Rd of the draft are GUARANTEED to be ProBowlers, and TD surely must hate the Bills for not picking us any since MW...

455566[/snapback]

As much as I'd like to see Trey Teague replaced right now (he's had a pretty mediocre year thus far - much different from last season), the thought of Duke Preston snapping to JP Losman with Willis McGahee in the backfield has me nearly convulsive.

As much as I'd like to see Trey Teague replaced right now (he's had a pretty mediocre year thus far - much different from last season), the thought of Duke Preston snapping to JP Losman with Willis McGahee in the backfield has me nearly convulsive.

455571[/snapback]

LOL

Yeah, that could be an ugly compbination, but then again....could be beneficial development-wise for all three.