We're Not Making The Playoffs

PTS

This team won't make the playoffs this year, mostly because of the decision to go with a "rookie" QB. When we dumped Bledsoe I was pissed because even though I didn't think Drew was that great of a QB, this team could have made a run with him at the helm.

My entire thinking was based on my belief that JP isn't ready to lead this team now or in the near future. I, among many, were told constantly that I don't know my football and that TD knows best.

During the off-season, I warmed up to this decision as I bought into the whole "this is better for the team argument." However, now I'm off that bandwagon. I'm not drinking the TD Kool-Aid anymore.

I might not being making hundreds of thousands of dollars to run a football team but I can see a bad decision when I see one. JP is years away. I watched at RWS today as this kid stared down an open receiver only to throw to one that was covered or even double-covered. He's not good enough for this team and he won't be for a while. Drew's no spring chicken but I guarantee he would have done better. There is NO way we'll make the playoffs this year.

TD has made a lot of good decisions as GM but just as many bad ones. When we don't make the playoffs this year, his ass should be sent packing.

This team won't make the playoffs this year, mostly because of the decision to go with a "rookie" QB. When we dumped Bledsoe I was pissed because even though I didn't think Drew was that great of a QB, this team could have made a run with him at the helm.

My entire thinking was based on my belief that JP isn't ready to lead this team now or in the near future. I, among many, were told constantly that I don't know my football and that TD knows best.

During the off-season, I warmed up to this decision as I bought into the whole "this is better for the team argument." However, now I'm off that bandwagon. I'm not drinking the TD Kool-Aid anymore.

I might not being making hundreds of thousands of dollars to run a football team but I can see a bad decision when I see one. JP is years away. I watched at RWS today as this kid stared down an open receiver only to throw to one that was covered or even double-covered. He's not good enough for this team and he won't be for a while. Drew's no spring chicken but I guarantee he would have done better. There is NO way we'll make the playoffs this year.

TD has made a lot of good decisions as GM but just as many bad ones. When we don't make the playoffs this year, his ass should be sent packing.

453948[/snapback]

Drew may have done better, but not much. He wasn't the answer.

Drew may have done better, but not much.  He wasn't the answer.

453988[/snapback]

Was he the answer for one more season? Could he have mentored JP for one more season? Remember, JP did not really get a rookie season to learn, he was injuried for most of the time.

Was he the answer for one more season?  Could he have mentored JP for one more season?  Remember, JP did not really get a rookie season to learn, he was injuried for most of the time.

453993[/snapback]

How does being injured affect JP's ability to learn from someone else? He did have a 1/2 season that he couldn't line up in practice, but he could still watch film and watch what the #1 guy was doing while his leg was in a cast.

Dave.

this decision had to come eventually and either way the team would take their lumps...but yes if the bills do not make the playoffs TD will be sent back to hell from where he was spawned.

454010[/snapback]

I doubt it...It is hard for Ralph to fire a GM who puts together a team that sells out the stadium. If the losing leads to 3/4 filled stadium, I agree. But as long as the Bills are making money, I doubt you will see a change.

I doubt it...It is hard for Ralph to fire a GM who puts together a team that sells out the stadium.  If the losing leads to 3/4 filled stadium, I agree.  But as long as the Bills are making money, I doubt you will see a change.

454017[/snapback]

sort of like the LA Clippers strategy? That's good until Ralph meets his maker. Then what, major league 3 with the team moving to Orlando?

Another one in the fold of non-believers. Now i think we have 4.  Bless you my son for having the guts to say what less than one percent of the posters dare to say.  my congrats.  Atta boy.

454191[/snapback]

Hate to say this...but I have never tasted the Kool-Aid, and I almost got kicked off the board for warning others not to drink it. (Ok, I am like a broken record about it)

453948[/snapback]

Listen to you? With Drew, "this team could have made a run with him at the helm." Seriously--is that how low we've come--only aspiring to possibly making a playoff run? I'm glad TD took the risk and went with Losman--if it comes together for JP, then our goal won't be maybe making a playoff run, but instead, how many Super Bowls in a row are we going to win. Just be patient. After all Carson Palmer looked like crap after three games last year; now he looks like Peyton Manning.

It's too early to tell. There is no way to know whether JP is an NFL QB after just 3 games. Peyton Manning, John Elway, etc. -- they all stunk their first year. We were kidding ourselves to have assumed JP was going to have a Roethlisburger season. If JP is a washout after NEXT year, then yes, TD must go.

Re: Bledsoe -- no way could we have taken another shot with him this year. The Bills O was awful all year and downright unbearable to watch at least 6 times. He had ONE good game all year. He's having a brief renaissance this year against lousy teams in a weaker conference but that doesn't mean he would have magically improved for the Bills this year.

Bottom line is probably no playoffs this year. The schedule is much tougher and we just lost our best defensive player probably for the year. However if JP shows some progress and we can improve our offensive and defensive lines in the offseason we'll be well situated for next year.

Another one in the fold of non-believers. Now i think we have 4.  Bless you my son for having the guts to say what less than one percent of the posters dare to say.  my congrats.  Atta boy.

454191[/snapback]

Or there are many posters on the board who can sit back and see both the good moves and bad moves that TD has made. The world (and football) isn't as black and white as most here make it sound.

Hate to say this...but I have never tasted the Kool-Aid, and I almost got kicked off the board for warning others not to drink it.  (Ok, I am like a broken record about it)

454367[/snapback]

The w/l record will determine if TD was good or not. Most believe that, while the record over the past few seasons is lousy, after a complete turnover of the roster since he came, the jury is still out on his performance. I don't think many people will be "drinking the kool-aid" if, by next season, his key decisions prove to be the wrong ones.

JP is years away.

453948[/snapback]

I would have thought Eli Manning was years away last year, but the game I'm watching right now tells a different story. I agree, the playoffs do not look likely, but I'm not ready to kick J.P. to the curb yet. I'm still holding out hope for the game where it clicks.

I am as concerned about the "best defense in history" as I am the offense. Fat Pat is missed badly. I wanted to puke when Spikes got injured.

Listen to you? With Drew, "this team could have made a run with him at the helm." Seriously--is that how low we've come--only aspiring to possibly making a playoff run? I'm glad TD took the risk and went with Losman--if it comes together for JP, then our goal won't be maybe making a playoff run, but instead, how many Super Bowls in a row are we going to win. Just be patient. After all Carson Palmer looked like crap after three games last year; now he looks like Peyton Manning.

454392[/snapback]

Carson Palmer went to USC. JPL went to Tulane. Big difference. Plus, comparing JPL to Palmer is like comparing Canada's military to America's military.

Bottom line is probably no playoffs this year.  The schedule is much tougher and we just lost our best defensive player probably for the year.  However if JP shows some progress and we can improve our offensive and defensive lines in the offseason we'll be well situated for next year.

454398[/snapback]

I could live with that if this team made the playoffs in the recent years but I don't know what NFL playoffs feel like anymore. Every year since TD's been here, it's been "wait for next season." Same crap with the Sabres, the Peace Bridge, and anything else that needs to be done in Buffalo.

I'm packing my crap up and moving to New England.

Carson Palmer went to USC. JPL went to Tulane. Big difference. Plus, comparing JPL to Palmer is like comparing Canada's military to America's military.

454495[/snapback]

Todd Marinovich went to USC. Rob Johnson went to USC.

Your comparisons aren't making any more sense than the next guy's.

454495[/snapback]

Losman had a full scholarship to UCLA and could have played there if he wished. He also had his pick between Miami and Tulane and chose Tulane. After his junior year he was rated by the National Scouting Combine as the top quarterback prospect in the nation, ahead of Manning and Rivers and Rothlisberger. Because of a mostly crappy team, his senior year was erratic and scouts weren't sure if he could be a drop back passer in the NFL because it was like playing sandlot. Try again.

453948[/snapback]

We won't make the playoffs till we get a line that plays ALOT better! And a damned DT who stop the run some of the time. I have no idea why the LB's this year are playing out of place more than usual.

Todd Marinovich went to USC.  Rob Johnson went to USC.

454502[/snapback]

Of course his comparisons don't make any sense. However they do ring the true USA Patriotic Bell, i.e, "Because we won a few wars many years ago, are a "free country", our citizens have a lot of money per capita, and we have the military capability to beat the stevestojan out of of the world (and that therefore we should be venerated, if not worshipped), we're better than all the other countries on the planet. :(

I doubt it...It is hard for Ralph to fire a GM who puts together a team that sells out the stadium.  If the losing leads to 3/4 filled stadium, I agree.  But as long as the Bills are making money, I doubt you will see a change.

454017[/snapback]

you mean like the other Buffalo GM? Mediocre results with excellent job security?

:(

Todd Marinovich went to USC.  Rob Johnson went to USC.

454502[/snapback]

For one JP was great at Tulane but Leinhart is God at USC but that's not the point I was trying to make.

Great QBs -- and most players for the most part -- that come out of big time, NFL-like programs such as Miami, USC, etc have an easier time adjusting the the NFL game.

I guess that's the point I was trying to make and I didn't explain it better.

Losman had a full scholarship to UCLA and could have played there if he wished. He also had his pick between Miami and Tulane and chose Tulane. After his junior year he was rated by the National Scouting Combine as the top quarterback prospect in the nation, ahead of Manning and Rivers and Rothlisberger. Because of a mostly crappy team, his senior year was erratic and scouts weren't sure if he could be a drop back passer in the NFL because it was like playing sandlot. Try again.

454507[/snapback]

Rothlisberger carried Miami of Ohio. Why didn't JPL do that same at Tulane? I watch college football more than the average guy and follow the players very closely.

That draft season, I watched Big Ben play a few times and and said time and again that he's by far the best QB in that draft, better than Manning and Rivers. JPL wasn't even on my list, probably because their whole team sucked.

Either way, Bills took a huge gamble and right now we're holding a 10 and a deuce with the dealer showing a face card. I don't like our odds.

Mr. Clutch,

I am glad you are off the bandwagon. People like you aren't wanted anyways. There's not enough room for the quality fans anyways. The team will get better and JP will progress as the season goes on. This situation is very similar to the one last year in Cincinnati. Now look where Carson Palmer and the Bengals are. The Bills were a peripheral playoff tm this year with Bledsoe or with JP. If they do make the playoffs they are one and done anyways. If we had kept Drew, is a first round playoff loss make your entire year and make you so happy? Well it does nothing for me, I would rather have my QB of the future develop and be ready to go by midseason, then we can look forward to a long run of years in the playoffs.

Yes, this team does have so gaps especially on the offensive line and the ability to stop the run on defense. But no matter I am a Bills fan and am proud to say so.

Shame, you can't say the same thing.

453948[/snapback]

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Fairweather.

454747[/snapback]

Fairweather, bandwagon jumper ... bring on all the cliches. If the team sucks, the team sucks. I don't want to support a team that doesn't follow through on it's end of the bargain.

Just because you and most Buffalo fans are accustomed to losing doesn't mean I have too be. I spend way too much time, emotion and money on Buffalo sports only to have them make me miserable.

So how much longer do we have to wait? This city is a losing city and people like you are just used to that disappointment. I will never be, it's not in me. It's one thing to support the team and another to support the buffons that are running it.

TD had his chance and it's over. Get his ass out of town. We got an O-line that couldn't block a fat girl, a QB that can't utilized some of the best WRs in the league, an extremely overrated defense that can't stop the run and that will be without the heart and soul for the rest of the season, and a coaching staff that doesn't realize that #21 is their meal ticket.

This team is going downhill fast, I can only image what's going on in the lockerroom. The finger pointing is sure to have started and it's only going to get worst from here.

This is all coming from someone who used to always be optimistic. I'm optimistic no more.

But "we'll always have next year" right?

Fairweather, bandwagon jumper ... bring on all the cliches. If the team sucks, the team sucks. I don't want to support a team that doesn't follow through on it's end of the bargain.

Just because you and most Buffalo fans are accustomed to losing doesn't mean I have too be. I spend way too much time, emotion and money on Buffalo sports only to have them make me miserable.

So how much longer do we have to wait? This city is a losing city and people like you are just used to that disappointment. I will never be, it's not in me. It's one thing to support the team and another to support the buffons that are running it.

TD had his chance and it's over. Get his ass out of town. We got an O-line that couldn't block a fat girl, a QB that can't utilized some of the best WRs in the league, and a coaching staff that doesn't realize that #21 is their meal ticket.

This team is going downhill fast, I can only image what's going on in the lockerroom. The finger pointing is sure to have started and it's only going to get worst from here.

This is all coming from someone who used to always be optimistic. I'm optimistic no more.

454910[/snapback]

So what's your plan? Perpetual cycles of firings following by inevitable rebuildings?

That's what you're espousing, Mr. "Clutch".

So what's your plan? Perpetual cycles of firings following by inevitable rebuildings?

That's what you're espousing, Mr. "Clutch".

454915[/snapback]

What's your plan? Stay with TD and his rebuilding plan which is lasting over five years now? If I had the effort in me, I'd go find his quotes from his first season in Buffalo where he stated we'd be a playoff contender in his second season and a Super Bowl contender the following year.

TD is like the 27-year-old in college still looking for his degree. He comes close enough to get a taste of graduation but fails miserably every time.

I hope I eat my words but history has a funny tendency to repeat itself.

TD had his chance and it's over. Get his ass out of town. We got an O-line that couldn't block a fat girl, a QB that can't utilized some of the best WRs in the league, an extremely overrated defense that can't stop the run and that will be without the heart and soul for the rest of the season, and a coaching staff that doesn't realize that #21 is their meal ticket.

454910[/snapback]

Adios, Mr. Clutch

Bill, that was my suggestion to Mr. Clutch.  You know from the rest of my posts I am intensely loyal to the Bills.  I care about them more than any other team in all of sports.

454963[/snapback]

Unlike myself, your loyalty is blinding you from the truth. This team isn't good enough to win and its leader doesn't deserve any loyalty. He had his chance.