JP Losman Ran For An 82 Yard TD

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman does something good in practice and you still have people pissing all over him...why dont those of you who hate losman go root for another team? He's our QB for now and the forseeable future, so get used to it.

Michael Vick was a terrible fantasy QB last year

Well, I had vick on my team last year. It was painful. One week the guy puts up 40 points, the following week he gets -4. He was VERY inconsistent. It was hard not to start him though (i think leftwich was my backup...not sure). Losman could be similar.

According to Mularkey...it was against the backup Defense.  So its not like he blew past Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent.

395663[/snapback]

I'll tell you what....I really like our youth and depth in the D. Linebackers especially, I can see Crowell or Haggan or Stamer...well maybe not Stamer, making a key defensive play or two this season.

Losman does something good in practice and you still have people pissing all over him...why dont those of you who hate losman go root for another team? He's our QB for now and the forseeable future, so get used to it.

395708[/snapback]

Everyone who doesn't like Losman, off the bandwagon. We're upsetting Ramius. :doh:

I've been a Bills fan through bigger disasters than Losman, I'll be a Bills fan while he's the QB, and I'll be a Bills fan three years from now when he's gone.

Everyone who doesn't like Losman, off the bandwagon.   We're upsetting Ramius. :doh: 

I've been a Bills fan through bigger disasters than Losman, I'll be a Bills fan while he's the QB, and I'll be a Bills fan three years from now when he's gone.

395718[/snapback]

As will I...but as AD said, the retatrd roller coaster is running like a well oiled machine here...while JP is the QB, i'll support him, and i'll analyze his play before making assumptions, and not just say "JP overthrew someone in training camp, hes a bust"...

Its not a matter of if you like him or not, its making a reasonable analysis...

The only problem is that with the red jersey, nobody is supposed to touch him.  So if he takes off, shouldn't every run result in a TD?

395675[/snapback]

I think he wasnt "tagged" by any of the defenders, so they count that as a TD. For most of the practices, if the defenders got their hands on the QB, then the play was dead...so methinks he wasnt touched. Which makes me think that if no one could even get a hand on him, he must have REALLY had a lot of room to book it down the sidelines.

As will I...but as AD said, the retatrd roller coaster is running like a well oiled machine here...while JP is the QB, i'll support him, and i'll analyze his play before making assumptions, and not just say "JP overthrew someone in training camp, hes a bust"...

Its not a matter of if you like him or not, its making a reasonable analysis...

395723[/snapback]

And if I've done that?

Personally - and being totally serious here now - I couldn't care less whether Losman walked on water in camp or not. I've seen enough footage going back to his play last season to have serious concerns about his technique, in particular his disconcerting habit of throwing off his front foot or, worse, off no feet (I saw footage of about a dozen plays from camp yesterday where he jumped in the air to throw). He looks like someone trying to do an impression of John Elway and failing at it.

So in the absence of Mularkey and Wyche stapling Losman's feet to the turf, you'll pardon me if I'm a little bit pessimistic.

And if I've done that?

Personally - and being totally serious here now - I couldn't care less whether Losman walked on water in camp or not.  I've seen enough footage going back to his play last season to have serious concerns about his technique, in particular his disconcerting habit of throwing off his front foot or, worse, off no feet (I saw footage of about a dozen plays from camp yesterday where he jumped in the air to throw).  He looks like someone trying to do an impression of John Elway and failing at it. 

So in the absence of Mularkey and Wyche stapling Losman's feet to the turf, you'll pardon me if I'm a little bit pessimistic.

395732[/snapback]

No actually i wasnt referring to you. You are one of the level-headed posters here reagrding Bills topics. I am talking about the people waiting for the first car on the coaster. The people standing there with their hot pockets in hand while in line. I think JP will do good, but of course there are things that concern me about him.

What you have seen is cause for concern in losman, and the analysis is good. What i meant was that i'd rather read what you just wrote about losman, instead of reading "JP missed a pass in camp, the bills are now obviously going to go 0-16 this season and hes a bust" posts that are so common around these parts...

my point in the initial post was that we need to support JP...even tho i couldnt stand Bledsoe by midway thru last season, i still cheered for him week in and out, because he was our QB. I didnt like his play, and thought we needed a change, but while he was behind center, i was behind him (that line is going to give the homo-loving crowd a hard-on)...and i will treat JP the same...

First and foremost, i'm a Bills fan, and support, and will continute support anyone who dons the navy blue week in and week out...

Edited by Ramius

It's certainly better than watching our QB turn the ball over to the defense for scores (not that I have visions of the NE (sic) games flying around in my head or anything).

395668[/snapback]

I know, I thought JPL looked terrible against the Pats last year as well. An interception, a fumble, a couple of sacks. And the guy only attempted 5 passes!

Hopefully he plays better this year because even Steve's grandmother could play better than JPL did last year!

CW

I know, I thought JPL looked terrible against the Pats last year as well.  An interception, a fumble, a couple of sacks.  And the guy only attempted 5 passes!

Hopefully he plays better this year because even Steve's grandmother could play better than JPL did last year!

CW

395741[/snapback]

Sounds alot like a certain veteran's standard two minute drill against any decent opponent with the game on the line. You'll forgive me for not putting much stake in a rookie's mop up stats against one of the game's best defenses when his "mentor" hadn't played much better.

Will he play better? I don't know. I do know that I'm alot more comfortable now that Kelly Holcomb is here to pick up the pieces instead of Drew Bledsoe.

I remember a play where JP had no one open, and the D had dropped back so far he had 15-20 yards (make that 15 x 20 yards), with no one there and a lane you could drive a hummer though. He took off and sprinted for a TD. No way did I see 82 yards, but maybe 50-60!

After reading this thread (and this is NOT directed at you BGIM) I have to ask: why is everyone so damned negative?

So, should he just stand there and wait until someone fills that open big space instead of running? :doh: The play had broken down.

A couple times, the pressure came from both sides so he stepped forward into a three sided pocket and got the pass off, instead of folding in half, waiting to be sacked. Showed a lot of poise.

This thread has turned so retarded it's pretty clear to me that the majority of people have taken to eating BF's rettata exclusively now and the pickle juice is messing with your brains.

Also - CTM - the concerns about JPLs action/mechanics are off the mark. I've been watching film religiously since camp started - anything to watch online I've seen it. If you take a look at JPs mechanics and then put a tape of Drew last year you'll get some perspective. JP has looked a little skitty so far - a little hurried, for sure - but I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with what he is doing.

Take a look at the outside/pass skelly that the Bills have been running. JPs basic action is tight. Over the shoulder with feet set nicely. He really gets back quick with those coupla big steps and the rapid setting steps. He'll also get a nice big step into the throw and look very balanced. (Drew on the other had had a weird sidearm style often and too often threw off his back foot in an effort to just get it out)

I haven't seen anything to concern me in full team drills with JPs passing action either - other than some excitement and hurries that weren't strictly necessary. To me this is down to a young guy who wants to make a mark early - it's excusable because we're only 4 days into camp. Yeah I'm a full blown JPL apologist already - but shouldn't we all be?

We all need to lighten up and worry about the real problems which I think are Gandy, 4th DE, Backup RB, OL Depth.