Thank you Travis

Thank you for bitching and moaning. Thank you threatening to just not do your job this year because someone else proved they could do it five times better than you. Thanks for playing for peanuts because you're a moron and math was never one of your strong points. Thanks for not even considering just practing harder, training harder and actually competing for the starting role which you so blatently think you deserve.

For all of that and so much more, this link's for you:

Fairview Junior High School. Nashville, TN

Thank you for bitching and moaning. Thank you threatening to just not do your job this year because someone else proved they could do it five times better than you. Thanks for playing for peanuts because you're a moron and math was never one of your strong points. Thanks for not even considering just practing harder, training harder and actually competing for the starting role which you so blatently think you deserve.

383335[/snapback]

Amen..... :rolleyes:

383335[/snapback]

Is that where the 14 year-olds are? :rolleyes:

Bye bye Travis. Maybe your next move would be to hire an accountant or investment counselor.

Nah! You're waay too smart for that.

For the life of me I can't fathom why there's so much hatred/dislike for Henry on this board. The guy put everything he had on the field for the Bills, and that's all you can ever ask of a player. Did he has deficiencies? Sure he did, all players do.

Henry was absolutely right: It was a slap in the face to draft WM (though this doesn't mean that TD shouldn't have drafted WM, to the contrary). Henry was just coming off a pro-bowl season. To those who argue he should have "stayed and fought" for a starting spot, a guy who's last full season as a pro-bowl player doesn't have to prove he's a quality back, he's already done so. No player in the league would want to come to camp to "compete" against someone that he knows is going to beat him out no matter what he does.

WM is the better back, we all know this. But because there's a better back on this team doesn't mean the guy has to sit on the bench an entire year in the prime of his career. Henry knew he'd get way more money in a trade than he would sitting out a year in addition to the quality playing time all players desire.

Anyway, I'll do the opposite of what the other posters in this thread have done. I'll genuinely thank Henry for his time here and the effort he put out while on the field and wish him luck in Tennessee. The funny thing is, I was never a huge TH fan, I just don’t get the automatic hatred fans have for players once they no longer play (or want to play) for their team.

Henry -- Tough as heck but fumbled too much and couldn't bring it home from the one (Raiders game esp...) Plus he could not bust the big one even if there was a hole the size of texas -- max 15 yards a pop except for 1 vs the Bears years ago.

McGahee - after 11 games busted several big runs and was automatic inside the 5 and popped a few long runs a month. Don't remember fumbling being a problem.

Good choice TD! When you drafted McGahee my buddy and I looked at eachother and said WTF == this is why we are not GMs. Hopefully your QB pick pays off the same way this year.

???? - do the Bills stick with what they have for backup RB>>>>>?????

Travis 2003 and Willis 2004 numbers are basically identical. I'd hardly call Willis five times better.

Travis got the shaft and I hope he racks up a 1800 yard season this year wherever he ends up.

Begs the question of whether or not I would set Travis free or not. I wouldn't have drafted McGahee in the first place and I still wonder whether or not guy is for real. We'll see behind this makeshift offensive line.

For the life of me I can't fathom why there's so much hatred/dislike for Henry on this board.  The guy put everything he had on the field for the Bills, and that's all you can ever ask of a player.  Did he has deficiencies?  Sure he did, all players do.

Henry was absolutely right:  It was a slap in the face to draft WM (though this doesn't mean that TD shouldn't have drafted WM, to the contrary).  Henry was just coming off a pro-bowl season.  To those who argue he should have "stayed and fought" for a starting spot, a guy who's last full season as a pro-bowl player doesn't have to prove he's a quality back, he's already done so.  No player in the league would want to come to camp to "compete" against someone that he knows is going to beat him out no matter what he does.

WM is the better back, we all know this.  But because there's a better back on this team doesn't mean the guy has to sit on the bench an entire year in the prime of his career.  Henry knew he'd get way more money in a trade than he would sitting out a year  in addition to the quality playing time all players desire.

Anyway, I'll do the opposite of what the other posters in this thread have done.  I'll genuinely thank Henry for his time here and the effort he put out while on the field and wish him luck in Tennessee.  The funny thing is, I was never a huge TH fan, I just don’t get the automatic hatred fans have for players once they no longer play (or want to play) for their team.

383386[/snapback]

Think about what you're saying...you've acknowledged that Willis is much better that Travis and that Willis would beat him out in camp. I don't care who it is on the roster.....if someone better comes along and proves they can do the job much better than the other player, then by all means they should be the one starting. Travis is expendable because of the emergence of #21. I appreciate all that Travis gave out on the field, but truth is, he fumbled too much and was a liability in the passing game as far as receiving and blocking. We're much better off without him!

For the life of me I can't fathom why there's so much hatred/dislike for Henry on this board.  The guy put everything he had on the field for the Bills, and that's all you can ever ask of a player.  Did he has deficiencies?  Sure he did, all players do.

Henry was absolutely right:  It was a slap in the face to draft WM (though this doesn't mean that TD shouldn't have drafted WM, to the contrary).  Henry was just coming off a pro-bowl season.  To those who argue he should have "stayed and fought" for a starting spot, a guy who's last full season as a pro-bowl player doesn't have to prove he's a quality back, he's already done so.  No player in the league would want to come to camp to "compete" against someone that he knows is going to beat him out no matter what he does.

WM is the better back, we all know this.  But because there's a better back on this team doesn't mean the guy has to sit on the bench an entire year in the prime of his career.  Henry knew he'd get way more money in a trade than he would sitting out a year  in addition to the quality playing time all players desire.

Anyway, I'll do the opposite of what the other posters in this thread have done.  I'll genuinely thank Henry for his time here and the effort he put out while on the field and wish him luck in Tennessee.  The funny thing is, I was never a huge TH fan, I just don’t get the automatic hatred fans have for players once they no longer play (or want to play) for their team.

383386[/snapback]

Well put. Nobody here could honestly say they wouldn't be pissed off if they were in Henry's shoes circa April 2003. He handled the situation about as well as anybody could have, and he's good enough to be a starter for at least a half dozen teams in the league...you just can't blame him for wanting out of Buffalo or for not being as good as McGahee, he was playing off of a rookie contract at a position which doesn't have much of an NFL shelf life...for his future financial well being alone his demand was completely understandable.

I, for one, am absolutely positive that is Stevestoejam himself would have rushed for 1400 and 1300 yards in consecutive seasons, and played his heart out for the Bills, and then would have been rewarded by Alaska Darin selected in the first round the very next year and proven to be better and a star in this league, Stevestoejam would have handled it with exquisite class and grace and humility, applauded the Bills for their foresight for making the team better, and accepted his place on the bench like a good little soldier that he is.

383386[/snapback]

Perfectly well stated MDH. :rolleyes:

Although I was probably a bigger fan of TH, atleast while he was playing in 2002 and 2003.

383386[/snapback]

But the fans B word and whine and moan more than Travis did if the player doesn't sit back and say anything the team wants to do with me is fabulous, even if it means I don't play or get paid or get the ball or even if they cut me. I just am thankful for the opportunity to be shitt on by the coaches and management.

terrible post.

Travis was a quality back for the Bills while here...Things didn't work out, and it's time for everyone involved to move on...

383395[/snapback]

Hey, this was Stevestojan's post, the self professed guru from economics to life in general, including football. If he says it's so....... :rolleyes:

I, for one, am absolutely positive that is Stevestoejam himself would have rushed for 1400 and 1300 yards in consecutive seasons, and played his heart out for the Bills, and then would have been rewarded by Alaska Darin selected in the first round the very next year and proven to be better and a star in this league, Stevestoejam would have handled it with exquisite class and grace and humility, applauded the Bills for their foresight for making the team better, and accepted his place on the bench like a good little soldier that he is.

383504[/snapback]

Wow! The regulars on this board are far more important people than I ever gave them credit for! :rolleyes:

Sadly I think Stevestoejam would have caused less of an uproar had he been designated the # 2 back.

Wouldn't you?

:doh: I mean, cash and all that :P

Thanks Travis for all you did for our Bills! You always hustled your ass off. Noone ever tackled you by themself- it always took at least 3 NFLers to tackle you. Thanks for all you did for this team and thanks for the 3rd Round pick! Good luck Travis!

383335[/snapback]

Thank you for supporting the Bills by whining. Thank you for representing with class bills fans everywhere.

Noone ever tackled you by themself- it always took at least 3 NFLers to tackle you. 

383530[/snapback]

Except when you trip over your own feet with no one around you. Just kidding, I am sad that it didn't work out, you can never have enough HBs...