Thank you Travis

For the life of me I can't fathom why there's so much hatred/dislike for Henry on this board.  The guy put everything he had on the field for the Bills, and that's all you can ever ask of a player.  Did he has deficiencies?  Sure he did, all players do.

Henry was absolutely right:  It was a slap in the face to draft WM (though this doesn't mean that TD shouldn't have drafted WM, to the contrary).  Henry was just coming off a pro-bowl season.  To those who argue he should have "stayed and fought" for a starting spot, a guy who's last full season as a pro-bowl player doesn't have to prove he's a quality back, he's already done so.  No player in the league would want to come to camp to "compete" against someone that he knows is going to beat him out no matter what he does.

WM is the better back, we all know this.  But because there's a better back on this team doesn't mean the guy has to sit on the bench an entire year in the prime of his career.  Henry knew he'd get way more money in a trade than he would sitting out a year  in addition to the quality playing time all players desire.

Anyway, I'll do the opposite of what the other posters in this thread have done.  I'll genuinely thank Henry for his time here and the effort he put out while on the field and wish him luck in Tennessee.  The funny thing is, I was never a huge TH fan, I just don’t get the automatic hatred fans have for players once they no longer play (or want to play) for their team.

383386[/snapback]

I agree. Everyone loved him and talk so much about heart when he played the rest of the game with a frigg'n broke leg and ran for 130 or so yard for us. He did his best for us. I still like him. I think he did what any player would have done. They did slap him in the face in a sense :P . But it was still a good pick. Just move on people. :rolleyes:

I, for one, am absolutely positive that is Stevestoejam himself would have rushed for 1400 and 1300 yards in consecutive seasons, and played his heart out for the Bills, and then would have been rewarded by Alaska Darin selected in the first round the very next year and proven to be better and a star in this league, Stevestoejam would have handled it with exquisite class and grace and humility, applauded the Bills for their foresight for making the team better, and accepted his place on the bench like a good little soldier that he is.

383504[/snapback]

I was mad at TD when he made that "Alaska Darin" pick but now I think it was definitely the right move.

Though he's still the son of Satan.

Positives....

TH was tough as nails.

He never gave less than 100%

Played injured.

Kept his trap shut.....until last year.

Negatives.....

Off the field problems.

Fumbles too much.

Had a balance problem...falling over without being touched (Oakland game)

Not the best pair of hands.

Kept waiting for him to break a long one for a TD....he never did.

Still a decent RB, hope he has success in Tennessee.