Anyone want Bobby Taylor?

It's been all over NFL Radio today that the Bills have contacted Taylor. It came right from Taylor's mouth. Also in the mix are Redskins, Packers, and Dolphins.

Interesting that scarce slary cap dollars would be put toward an aging CB. I won't say where I think they should be going :D

If he wants to come in for the vet minimum, reunite with his buddy Vincent  and compete for the 3rd CB spot, give it a shot.  Does he know not to hit the guy with the red jersey on during practice? :blink:

364882[/snapback]

Thats what I was thinking...clearly Troy Vincent is speaking very highly of him. I guess it couldnt hurt to have him in here, just for depth purposes (and the possibility of Clements bolting after next season).

Although...wait a second...the Redskins are in the hunt too? Nevermind...He may have his buddy here, but a 10 million signing bonus will make him cut that tie pretty quickly.

It's been all over NFL Radio today that the Bills have contacted Taylor.  It came right from Taylor's mouth.  Also in the mix are Redskins, Packers, and Dolphins.

Interesting that scarce slary cap dollars would be put toward an aging CB.  I won't say where I think they should be going :blink:

364868[/snapback]

Taylor is finished as a CB, IMO. Would they be looking FS? Vincent was somewhat underwhelming in his transition to FS, aside from the Cleveland game. But I think I'd rather have McGee than Vincent as the corner opposite Clements. Maybe Vincent wants to go back to corner? This one sounds like a fading player trying to phony up interest in his services. There are a lot of Taylors out there, maybe TD got the wrong number. Or maybe he doesn't know how to spell tailor.

Taylor is finished as a CB, IMO.  Would they be looking FS?  Vincent was somewhat underwhelming in his transition to FS, aside from the Cleveland game.  But I think I'd rather have McGee than Vincent as the corner opposite Clements.  Maybe Vincent wants to go back to corner?  This one sounds like a fading player trying to phony up interest in his services.  There are a lot of Taylors out there, maybe TD got the wrong number.  Or maybe he doesn't know how to spell tailor.

364919[/snapback]

I don't think the guy is finished. Looking at his stats from last season, he doesn't look that bad. Do I think he should be our #1 guy? No. But for depth, it couldn't hurt to have him as our #2 or #3.

Honestly, i'm not that sold on Terrence McGee as a solid starter.

Sometimes It seems to me as though everyone here really hates depth.

365050[/snapback]

ns, you need 3 solid CBs on your roster, minimum...the Bills don't have 3. Taylor might not be the player he once was, but he's better than everybody on our roster except Clements.

Sometimes It seems to me as though everyone here really hates depth.

365050[/snapback]

Sometimes I think everyone here really loves aging, overpaid and declining veterans who were once good players.

We already have Clements, McGee, Thomas, Greer, and a good looking rookie in King, plus 2 or 3 promising UDFAs. I'd love to see us develop some of our young guys, particularly when many of our defensive players are fast approaching, or are already past, 30.

Let's spend our precious cap money on a more critical area of need.

Let's spend our precious cap money on a more critical area of need.

365093[/snapback]

agreed......o-line is in much more desperate need of an upgrade at LT and depth in other positions........we can get by with our current defensive backfield, but i'm not convinced that is the case with the current o-line.......

Sometimes I think everyone here really loves aging, overpaid and declining veterans who were once good players.

We already have Clements, McGee, Thomas, Greer, and a good looking rookie in King, plus 2 or 3 promising UDFAs. I'd love to see us develop some of our young guys, particularly when many of our defensive players are fast approaching, or are already past, 30.

365093[/snapback]

Agreed...We were rumored to get him last year, and I'm glad we got Vincent instead.

The consensus in Philly is that he bought a name for himself covering Michael Irving. Also, if you liked the way Winfield played you're not going to like Taylor. He tackles like a Sally.

<_<:lol: :lol: Are you serious?????????????

365207[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree, In my opinion Vincent looked really good at FS, a seamless transition it would appear.

i wouldnt mind taylor for the vet min to come in and compete for a spot...if he can make the team more power to him, cant have enough depth...especially at CB...

365408[/snapback]

That's all I was saying before, pay him the vet minimum, similar to the Gildon deal last year. If it doesn't work out, so what, but it never hurts to have experienced secondary guys, especially when you're in a division with the Pats and the Colts. Brady often makes us look crappy in the secondary, especially on 3rd downs so why not get some good experienced, cheap, depth.

Sometimes I think people would rather have a veteran who was never more than average signed at the veteran minimum than a player who used to be very good but has declined slightly. Just because the light goes on in your car doesnt mean you sohuld just get out and walk to the station for gas, you should ride that mother out.....if you know what I'm saying.

Taylor's always impressed me, since his rookie campaign I thought he was pro-bowl material (Is that an insult?) Good CB, gets his hands on the balls and wraps up the ball-carrier quickly. If he feels like a DUI or beating his GF he's more than welcome in Miami, as long as he shows up on Sundays.

If it doesn't work out, so what, but it never hurts to have experienced secondary guys, especially when you're in a division with the Pats and the Colts.

<_<

I know what you mean, j/k.

:lol: :lol: ;) Are you serious?????????????

365207[/snapback]

Didn't say he was bad, just underwhelming. He had a bunch of big plays in that first game, against the Browns. After that, he wasn't around the ball enough. If you disagree, break it down, coach.

Why are we talking about football in June? June is picnics, weddings, summertime concerts in the park. March's puppies frolicking on the grass, Beer, barbacue. Long lazy days, embraces under the ceiling fan under candlelight.

Football will come. It will come.

Why are we talking about football in June? June is picnics, weddings, summertime concerts in the park. March's puppies frolicking on the grass, Beer, barbacue. Long lazy days, embraces under the ceiling fan under candlelight.

Who was looking for a poet?

embraces under the ceiling fan under candlelight.

366189[/snapback]

Umm, so is the fan under the candelight? Or are the embracees unser the candlelight, cause that wax can burn. Unless I'm missing th kinkiness of the entire thing.

Umm, so is the fan under the candelight? Or are the embracees unser the candlelight, cause that wax can burn. Unless I'm missing th kinkiness of the entire thing.

366631[/snapback]

Change second under to by.