Pat Williams on NFL Radio

Pat had 3 uncomplimentary things to say about the Bills this afternoon on NFL radio.

1. The Bills have no replacement for him. It will be on Spikes and Fletcher to pick up the slack, but it will be hard without him.

2. JP Losman is not ready to be an NFL QB. This was shocking, but he said he still has alot to learn to lead the team.

3. The Bills (I read it Donahoe) is screwing TH over. He said either trade him or release him. Give him time to learn the playbook for another team.

I think PW has sour grapes over not being resigned, but I think he is correct on TH. Just my thoughts.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat had 3 uncomplimentary things to say about the Bills this afternoon on NFL radio.

1. The Bills have no replacement for him. It will be on Spikes and Fletcher to pick up the slack, but it will be hard without him.

2. JP Losman is not ready to be an NFL QB.  This was shocking, but he said he still has alot to learn to lead the team.

3. The Bills (I read it Donahoe) is screwing TH over.  He said either trade him or release him.  Give him time to learn the playbook for another team.

I think PW has sour grapes over not being resigned, but I think he is correct on TH.  Just my thoughts.

363622[/snapback]

So it isn't possible that a player who has a lot of football knowledge could actually be telling the truth?

Re: Losman, I think I'll take the word of Sam Wyche over big Pat, a DEFENSIVE tackle. And with re: TH, he is an asset and maybe if he wouldn't have been so public about wanting to leave, the Bills would have had some leverage to trade him. We love ya Pat, but enjoy life and quit being so bitter.

I agree with #3... #2 is up in the air really. From what we all have been reading is that things have really changed from last year to right now with JP... he may not have been ready the last time PW saw him, but its been quite a while since then, and i firmly believe a player can mature into a leader in a short time frame. PW is speaking without seeing him in the film room since february (or at least since March 1, i am sure he cleaned his stuff out as soon as he signed with Minn) or on the field in OTAs. And for #1, PW is a pro-bowler (i think Buffalo fans realize that even if he has never officially gone), i think it will be tough to replace him but just because he feels he was better than the younger guys on the team last year, doesn't mean he truly is better. Some guys don't practice well but are incredible come game time. For all we know Haggan can be the next Lawrence Taylor, but that doesn't mean he is going to get on the field in front of Fletcher who's position is secured.

PW, loved you while you are here and i got plenty of respect for you as a player and a person, but move on buddy....

I think PW may be right on all three.

1) I am concerned about the push up the middle. And after the initial push, I am really concerned about getting some sacks.

2) Until proven otherwise JP is as green as a wave.

3) TH is getting screwed but so is the nature of the business. When you have an asset that you wish to trade you do so for as much as you can. I am guessing that TH will increase in value once the hitting begins.

The Bills and their fans got screwed when Big Pat left town but once again that is the nature of the business. PW could earn more somewhere else and the Bills had to spend their money in other ways. He could have stuck it out with a team on the rise. Pat is now making more money but I am not so sure that his Vikings will be doing so well especially after having Randy Moss head to the Raid-as.

1) I predict that a combination of Edwards/Anderson will be an actual improvement over PW before the season ends.

2) Chances are he is correct, but the kid is working as hard as one could ask. 50/50 from where I sit.

3) There, he is full of sh--. Travis never learned the Bills playbook, and could not do so with help from a reincarnated Vince Lombardi and a team of Ivy League Professors. Travis is a player under contract to the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

Good riddance PW! Tell your story walking, that is if you still can in a year or so. :w00t:

maybe if pat had been able to stop the steelers from running all over him he'd still be on the team saying nice things. this means absolutely nothing. he wanted to stay in buffalo AND make 8 million, but he's on the wrong side of 30 for the contract they gave him. Our coaches know more than he does about who's ready and who isn't.

2. JP Losman is not ready to be an NFL QB.  This was shocking, but he said he still has alot to learn to lead the team.

3. The Bills (I read it Donahoe) is screwing TH over.  He said either trade him or release him.  Give him time to learn the playbook for another team.

I think PW has sour grapes over not being resigned, but I think he is correct on TH.  Just my thoughts.

363622[/snapback]

1. He's a professional athlete. These days, they all think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

2. Very insightful. This just in: Pat can state the obvious, even without knowing how JP has done in the offseason.

3. Who cares. He's a player, TD is management. Football is a business.

Pat seemed to be a great guy when he was here, although I'll never really know. He's no longer a Bill.

Vikings have added some good players this off season and that's including Pat Williams. To bad he has a sour taste left in his mouth from Buffalo. I think he makes some good points in his comments.

FU Pat! :w00t:

363622[/snapback]

TH signed a contract. It's binding. How are they screwing him over? They are doing him a favor by seeking a trade for him, when they could have him play out his contract as a backup. He'd be a great backup. That's a load of crap about the Bills screwing TH.