Pat Williams on NFL Radio

Re: the JP comment - I think it is important to understand the context it is being made in - ie. it is based on PWs observation of Losman last year, and does not take into account any personal observation by PW of the work Losman has done this offseason (and any personal growth which Losman has undergone).

PWs comments are actually consistent with most of the veteran comments made about Losman I've seen - they all talk about how much he has progressed with the offseason and many imply that there is a stark difference between how he was last year (or in the case of Bledsoe it was a little more explicit :devil: ) and how he is now - and they are not talking about how hard he throws the quick out. I think JP may have been a little flaky last year (MM putting him in w/o any prep in the NE blowout was obviously intended to be a wake up call/message to him IMO) - thankfully by all accounts he seems to be taking things seriously this year and is really driven to be successful (and to earn the respect of his peers).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think they would dress him.

364099[/snapback]

This is where you and I disagree. I believe that if they cannot trade him, he will be inactive until traded. If they do not trade him during the season, they will release him after the season. To me, that is screwing a player.

I think given Pat's experience with JP, his statement is probably accurate. The guy was a rookie last year. There's no way he was ready, especially since his injury. Last year his role was to be a backup to Drew, and if he tried to exert too much "leadership" the team would have -- and damn well should have -- laughed at him.

My opinion of JP so far is favorable based on the amount of work he is putting in. I'm not expecting him to kick ass.

Re: the JP comment - I think it is important to understand the context it is being made in -  ie. it is based on PWs observation of Losman last year, and does not take into account any personal observation by PW of the work Losman has done this offseason (and any personal growth which Losman has undergone). 

364216[/snapback]

This is where you and I disagree.  I believe that if they cannot trade him, he will be inactive until traded.  If they do not trade him during the season, they will release him after the season.  To me, that is screwing a player.

If he shows up for the games, which is what I truly doubt happens, they'll dress him. Why wouldn't they? They'd still have another RB like Williams or Gates in-case he gets put unto a game a purposely screws-up, and then if that happens, they don't dress him again. And then if they can't trade him, they let him become an UFA and possibly receive a draft pick in 2007.

This is where you and I disagree.  I believe that if they cannot trade him, he will be inactive until traded.  If they do not trade him during the season, they will release him after the season.  To me, that is screwing a player.

364232[/snapback]

Why would they make him inactive? It doesn't make sense. I think the more likely scenario is Henry holding out. Which is stupid on Henry's point. You've yet to give any logical arguments as to why they would make him inactive.

And even if they were going to make him inactive, how is that screwing a player? It's protecting him from injury. Additionally, he's availalbe to show his stuff in the case of injury, which can only help him.

Why would they make him inactive? It doesn't make sense. I think the more likely scenario is Henry holding out. Which is stupid on Henry's point. You've yet to give any logical arguments as to why they would make him inactive.

And even if they were going to make him inactive, how is that screwing a player? It's protecting him from injury. Additionally, he's availalbe to show his stuff in the case of injury, which can only help him.

364354[/snapback]

if they make him inactive, he won't get hurt during the season, and when, say, week 5 rolls around and julius jones or jj arrington or deuce mcallister or michael bennett or cedric benson or whoever tears an acl, the bills will be able to trade a healthy back for a decent pick.