Problem with Pats fans

I play hockey with guys who are Patriot season ticket holders. Of course they have to rub my face in their success all the time. The thing I notice about them is they know absolutely nothing about any other team in the NFL.

At least Sox fans acknowledge the New York Yankees. They know as much about the Yankees as their own team. To a Pats fan, there are no other NFL teams, only theirs. Trying to discuss the upcoming season with them is a joke.

Besides expecting another Super Bowl (losing 2 coordinators is just a speed bump to them), They tried to tell me what's wrong with the Bills. Are you ready for this?

1) No defense

2) Bad special teams

I told them that they must have been drunk all last season. The Bills had one of the best defenses, and the best special teams in the NFL in 2004. Of course they threw the rookie QB thing in my face, which I have no answer for because we don't know what JP is going to do (although I am extremely confident he will be a huge improvement over Bledsoe!)

When the Bills finally do lay the smack on them, these guys are going to be one surprised bunch.

PTR

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play hockey with guys who are Patriot season ticket holders.  Of course they have to rub my face in their success all the time.  The thing I notice about them is they know absolutely nothing about any other team in the NFL.

At least Sox fans acknowledge the New York Yankees.  They know as much about the Yankees as their own team.  To a Pats fan, there are no other NFL teams, only theirs.  Trying to discuss the upcoming season with them is a joke.

Besides expecting another Super Bowl (losing 2 coordinators is just a speed bump to them), They tried to tell me what's wrong with the Bills.  Are you ready for this?

1) No defense

2) Bad special teams

I told them that they must have been drunk all last season.  The Bills had one of the best defenses, and the best special teams in the NFL in 2004.  Of course they threw the rookie QB thing in my face, which I have no answer for because we don't know what JP is going to do (although I am extremely confident he will be a huge improvement over Bledsoe!)

When the Bills finally do lay the smack on them, these guys are going to be one surprised bunch.

PTR

360785[/snapback]

Why bother with these morons? They're like the kid in school who teases because he knows it gets to you. If you ignore him and he realizes that he can't get a rise out of you, he becomes bored and stops. Same with these a$$clowns. Act like you don't care...smile and walk away. All that matters is that you know they're wrong. :unsure:

I play hockey with guys who are Patriot season ticket holders.  Of course they have to rub my face in their success all the time.  The thing I notice about them is they know absolutely nothing about any other team in the NFL.

At least Sox fans acknowledge the New York Yankees.  They know as much about the Yankees as their own team.  To a Pats fan, there are no other NFL teams, only theirs.  Trying to discuss the upcoming season with them is a joke.

Besides expecting another Super Bowl (losing 2 coordinators is just a speed bump to them), They tried to tell me what's wrong with the Bills.  Are you ready for this?

1) No defense

2) Bad special teams

I told them that they must have been drunk all last season.  The Bills had one of the best defenses, and the best special teams in the NFL in 2004.  Of course they threw the rookie QB thing in my face, which I have no answer for because we don't know what JP is going to do (although I am extremely confident he will be a huge improvement over Bledsoe!)

PTR

360785[/snapback]

Right. They're ALL Mass-holes

Up until 5 years ago, they didn't have the large fanbase. That came with winning, once Brady took over at QB.

Frankly, the Boston fan knows very little football outside of their own football team because the Pats were always a distant 3rd and maybe even 4th behind the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins.

Many bandwagon fans/frontrunners have jumped on board in the last 5 years, who never cared about the team before.

Joe not everyone who lives in mass is a so-called mass-holes. I take offense to that. I have to live here with most of these Rats fans. But not all red sox fans are bad either. I acc get to work with 2 other cooks that are Bills fans lol

Joe not everyone who lives in mass is a so-called mass-holes. I take offense to that. I have to live here with most of these Rats fans. But not all red sox fans are bad either. I acc get to work with 2 other cooks that are Bills fans lol

360836[/snapback]

It is a whole 'nother thing in MA?

I have family in northern NE and family outside Boston... Seems once you cross into MA, the rat-race begins... It is like a whole 'nother world... Like parts of Chicago, start drifting towards the north and you get a different attitude.

People are genuinely nice everywhere you go but, I don't know what it is about some places that seem to lose that quality? Maybe it the amount of people, lack of people that lived there their whole life, or what?

So let me see if I get this straight, you play hockey with a couple of Pats fans and since they fail to pass your "Around the NFL" muster, that equates to all Pats fans being know-nothing front running bandwagon fans who dont deserve what you, a fine Buffalo rooter who knows everything about every team in history deserves.

Is that it or am I missing something.

"Aisle 5 is in need of MORE broad brushes please..."

So let me see if I get this straight, you play hockey with a couple of Pats fans and since they fail to pass your "Around the NFL" muster, that equates to all Pats fans being know-nothing front running bandwagon fans who dont deserve what you, a fine Buffalo rooter who knows everything about every team in history deserves.

360857[/snapback]

It sounds like a wide brush and it is a wide brush... Boston sports strikes me like Chicago sports, especially when the Bulls were winning. The two cities get pretty big heads.

You gotta admit, MA is one obnoxious place on the planet... That MA influence is pretty "edgy." NE in general is not to welcoming, IMO.

More wide brush please!

360836[/snapback]

I'd like to echo that, sometimes some fans like to group everyone into the same category, like Mass-holes and Dol-felons. Celever names, but we're not all jackasses. I actually like to know something about all the other teams so that when I meet someone from somewhere I can talk about (aboot, for you Canucks) their team. Like I said, most of the people on here are opneminded and make it easy for myself to come in and chat.

Im sorry Exiled have you ever been here? Or going by heresay? All of mass is not obnoxious. And your completly wrong about NE being welcoming. NE is a big tourist destination unlike your ILLIONOIS if that is where your from. You have no idea what your talking about at all.

360857[/snapback]

The point I was making is that these guys, who consider themselves big football fans, were incapable of making a fair assessment of their competition because they are consumed with their own team.

You can certainly say Buffalo fans are consumed with the Bills, but judging by most of the posts here, we have an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of other teams, especially the ones in the AFC East.

These yahoos were working off impressions of the Bills when they were 3-13. That special teams comment almost knocked me over. Bad special teams???? On the Bills?!?!?!?!? All you have to do is listen to WEEI and you can tell ALL Pats fans are pretty misinformed.

PTR

Those are called homers PTR and we have quite a few of them here as well. If people fork over the money to buy season tixs they are supporting their team more than a lot of us here do.

And I recall quite a few more fans here in upstate of the Billls when we were on our run.

I moved to Beantown from Upstate NY back in 1989. It is true that Sox fans know a lot about the Yankees because they obsess about them constantly, and have obsessed about them for 87 years. Outside of the Yankees, though, they are just as provincial as Pats/Bruins/Celtics fans. If you are an out-of-town fan of a team in the NHL/NBA playoffs and neither the Celts or Bruins are in the playoffs, good luck getting decent coverage here. A lot has changed with the internet and cable/sat packages, but you won't hear ANY informed sports talk in this town if it doesn't pertain to their teams, and trying to call into WEEI about it will only get you hung up on and/or ridiculed. I love how major publications think this is a "sports" town.

Look, there are genuine fans here, fans who have had Pats tickets for 30 years. They are pretty informed, and generally cool to talk with because, let's face it, they have had some pretty lousy teams here. But try talking to some of the "newer" fans and if you don't praise Bellicheck or use the word Dynasty or admit that Brady is the greatest QB of all time, they think you are disrespecting them.

I do enjoy living and working here, though. There are some good people. There are actually a ton of Bills fans here.

1) No defense

2) Bad special teams

360785[/snapback]

To give them credit, in the two games against the Pats, our D was horrible...

They couldn't stop the run and gave 6-7 seconds for Brady to throw to

whomever he liked. The only bright spot was in the 1st game when McGee

ran in a KR for a TD.

To give them credit, in the two games against the Pats, our D was horrible...

They couldn't stop the run and gave 6-7 seconds for Brady to throw to

whomever he liked.  The only bright spot was in the 1st game when McGee

ran in a KR for a TD.

360975[/snapback]

Was that McGee on a kickoff or Fast Freddie Smith on a punt return?

PTR

I do enjoy living and working here, though.  There are some good people.  There are actually a ton of Bills fans here.

360949[/snapback]

There are tons of Bills fans here - on any given gameday all you need to do is pop your head into The Harp where the Bills Backers Boston chapter meets and you'll see at least 100 fans (maybe 3 times as many for a big game not on local TV). I was there for a game a few years back when there was a major snowstorm and we still had 75 people (granted, it does take more than 18" of snow to keep a Bills fan away from a game).

Boston is a pretty nice place to live - I've been here since 1998 and don't plan on moving. Like any other place, there are plenty of homers and people who are only "big fans" because the Pats are doing well. It's funny to see how many "big fans" can only name guys like Brady, Dillon or Branch - ask them who plays RT, who is a reserve OG or who the long snapper is and they have no clue.

Was that McGee on a kickoff or Fast Freddie Smith on a punt return?

PTR

360989[/snapback]

I thought in the 1st game at home it was McGee who had that KR.

The Fast Freddie might have been in the away game.

I don't even know where to begin. I left Buffalo in my early teens. Lived in CT 18 years and MA the past 8 years. For my time in Ct, I don't think the Hartford Courant even knew the Pats existed. You primarily read about the Giants and Jets. CT likes to be mentioned in the "tri-state" area. Anyway, the Pats were never a blip on the screen. I move to MA and get deeper into the "belly" of New England sports and it just isn't pretty. The radio stations are the WORST. If it aint happenin' in Boston, it aint happen'. I love living in New England, but when it comes to sports, it can be unbearable at times. I CLEARLY find Sox fans to be more anal than Pats fans, however. I find most Sox fans to be idiots. Sorry. Just one man's opinion.

Well my one mans opinion is your an idiot for labeling us Sox fans as anal and idiots. Not all fans are the same. Yes there is a few in every bunch that are complete idiots. Every team has a few.

Well my one mans opinion is your an idiot for labeling us Sox fans as anal and idiots. Not all fans are the same. Yes there is a few in every bunch that are complete idiots. Every team has a few.

361204[/snapback]

Based on what I have seen here, this man's opinion is that all Pats and Sox fans are at worst paranoid and at best not comfortable with their self-esteem. I'm quite content on basing my opinion solely on the Boston-ish contributors at TBD. Please refer to me as an idiot in the future, as well. Thanks.

Based on what I have seen here, this man's opinion is that all Pats and Sox fans are at worst paranoid and at best not comfortable with their self-esteem.  I'm quite content on basing my opinion solely on the Boston-ish contributors at TBD.  Please refer to me as an idiot in the future, as well.  Thanks.

361221[/snapback]

:devil:

Nothing personal, just calling it as I see it.  I fully expect a righteous, high-ground response attempting to shame me for my short-sightedness.  Hot pockets may be brought up.

361226[/snapback]

Don't worry, he'll spell it wrong and use "lol" about 4 times.

361204[/snapback]

Ahhhhh....wwovince. Nice to hear from you. I see you took the bait. You seem to be quite a frazzled individual. A staple in most NE sports fans. Thanks for not disappointing. You were right on cue to pounce. Now quick, get back to the board. Someone else might be trying to.....GASP.....crush your empire. :devil:

Wow billsoverdue you want to join in too !@#$. I dont know what it is with you !@#$s wanting to hop on me all the time. All I do is give my opinion I cant help you hate the Sox.But im here for the Bills.

361269[/snapback]

I don't hate the Sox..... but thanks to some of their 'fans', I may be starting to. Promo, I think your original point is being disproven.

Promo, my friend, the good news is that you simply have time on your side. And time is you all need because when the Pats start losing...and they WILL start losing...then those guys will pawn off their season tickets and start watching baseball faster than Paris Hilton answering her cell phone mid-blowjob.