Problem with Pats fans

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So thats how you treat Bills fans? Just say tata? You dont care if true Bills fans leave?

361375[/snapback]

You brought it up in your little hissey fit. Plus, what should we do grovel for you to stay so you can call others idiots because they dont agree with your opinion. Give me a friggin break. Ta Ta :devil:

He's about this lively on the baseball board too. If you chase him off, BF won't have anyone to play with.

361391[/snapback]

wwovince  Today, 03:03 PM Post #30 

2004 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,336

If you guys want me out of here ill go. Is that what you all want? Ill go. 

Maybe he's ten years old, sorry, I never thought of that. But then again :devil:

Im not going anywhere. Noone is chasing me off. And me and BF are good friends we just get at each other in baseball in good jest. So unless someone knows what their talking about dont speak. Call me what you want but Im not going anywhere. This is the only true Bills board and no little pack of morons is going to cause me to leave.

Im not going anywhere. Noone is chasing me off. And me and BF are good friends we just get at each other in baseball in good jest. So unless someone knows what their talking about dont speak. Call me what you want but Im not going anywhere. This is the only true Bills board and no little pack of morons is going to cause me to leave.

361457[/snapback]

OK. I get it. I won't tell. It will be fun to watch.

Because...many of us are heartless.

You forgot that when you gave yourself away.

Pot meet Kettle

You think that WEEI and Boston sportstalk radio represents the true Boston fan

You buy into all the negative hype about why the Patriots will fail this year while not having any clear understanding as to how the Patriots work as an organization.

You are what you claim to despise.

Pot meet Kettle

You think that WEEI and Boston sportstalk radio represents the true Boston fan

You buy into all the negative hype about why the Patriots will fail this year while not having any clear understanding as to how the Patriots work as an organization. 

You are what you claim to despise.

361467[/snapback]

Oh we know how it works TH. Bellichick is a f****n' mad genius who is never wrong, and every player he drafts is an all-pro even though no one has ever heard of them.

You won 3 of the last 4 and everyone KNOWS the Pats a re a D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y! All I was saying is that your "fans" know absolutely nothing about any other NFL team. You don't even know your own Pats history.

PTR

Im sorry Exiled have you ever been here? Or going by heresay? All of mass is not obnoxious. And your completly wrong about NE being welcoming. NE is a big tourist destination unlike your ILLIONOIS if that is where your from. You have no idea what your talking about at all.

360876[/snapback]

I am from Buffalo... South Cheektowaga/West Seneca. There is a huge difference in Illinois also... Between the north and south Chicagoland areas and the rest of "downstate" that is predominately RURAL and VASTLY different. Again, I am generalizing, moving from Buffalo to the midwest and spending a lot of time in NE, you get a huge diffference in attitudes just as you do when you go from the south and north Chicagoland areas. There are discprencies at all levels of the social-economic scale... I think this affects people's attitudes?

Yes. I spend every other summer up in NH.

I usually make 2 or 3 trips a year to NE between my sister in northern Vermont and my in-laws in MA/NH. My sister married someone from northern Vermont and they even have distain for their southern brethren. Ya, he is a big NYG and NE, BoSox fan... think he has a nice word to say about the people from that region? Hell no!

NE is so parochial... Everybody outside certain general areas are considered different, scorned upon... Not from Maine? You are an "Outlander." Not form the mountains to the north? You are a "Flatlander." Etc... Etc... This probably has a lot to do with geography and history? For what the area benefits in geography and natural wealth, they totally lose it when it comes to personality qualities, IMO... Again, this is a wide brush and generalizing... I find it to be the norm. I even know people who moved from the deep south to NE, then the midwest, and then northwest and they have noticed the difference.

Like I said, very nice place... I just don't find the hospitality and welcoming attitude you find in other regions... It (NE) is very cold and distant with regards to general personalities...

Sure I am using a wide brush, sorry.

Oh we know how it works TH.  Bellichick is a f****n' mad genius who is never wrong, and every player he drafts is an all-pro even though no one has ever heard of them.

You won 3 of the last 4 and everyone KNOWS the Pats a re a D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!  All I was saying is that your "fans" know absolutely nothing about any other NFL team.  You don't even know your own Pats history.

PTR

361532[/snapback]

:devil:

I hear there is a guy on the Pats board named "Harvard Stadium" that gives great historical evidence on the Pats early years.

:doh:

I think its only natural for fans in the NE area to talk more about a team thats won 3 of the last 4 superbowls than other teams in the area that aren't doing so well. That being said, I think Boston fans have taken bandwagoning to an impressive level. 5 years ago you barely heard a peep about the Pats. I mean hell, not long before that they were almost moving to Hartford and there wasn't an uproar like you would see in Buffalo or Cleveland. It took a rich guy to bail out the Boston area and save them the embarrassment of losing an NFL team to Connecticut.

I'd love to have 3 out the last 4 Superbowls. I think Bellichik is probably one of the best coaches ever and Pioli is a solid talent evaluator. I know that as soon as the Pats start losing they'll drop off the radar here in NE faster than it takes a Mass-hole diver to cut off a semi with his Honda Civic.

RTB

I know that as soon as the Pats start losing they'll drop off the radar here in NE faster than it takes a Mass-hole diver to cut off a semi with his Honda Civic.

RTB

361570[/snapback]

:devil:

The place has gotta be bad when they have to station state troopers in all workzones!

What is up with those drivers in that area? Tax dollars going to baby-sit bad drivers from running over construction workers!

And yes, I know I am painting with a wide brush today :doh: ... Drivers are bad everywhere... Whenever I get near Manchester, NH... I know I am getting close! Certain parts take it too a new level.

Merge Weasels=RJ

Oh we know how it works TH.  Bellichick is a f****n' mad genius who is never wrong, and every player he drafts is an all-pro even though no one has ever heard of them.

You won 3 of the last 4 and everyone KNOWS the Pats a re a D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!  All I was saying is that your "fans" know absolutely nothing about any other NFL team.  You don't even know your own Pats history.

PTR

361532[/snapback]

I dont? Since when have I demonstrated a lack of knowledge about my team or the NFL in general?

But whatever helps you feel better about yourself I guess.

And its just natural to say "In Belichick we trust" after all he's done for this franchise. Right now, he has the Midas touch. I certainly never said "In Bobby Grier we trust"

everyone KNOWS the Pats a re a D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y! 

361532[/snapback]

The facts simply don't support a designation of "Dynasty". A dynasty is multi-generational and at this point it's been a single generation of this team with titles. Dynasties in the NFL would be accurately limited to:

Green Bay

Pittsburgh

Dallas

San Francisco

Oakland/LA Raiders

Arguably Giants and Skins

In fact these Pats haven't even reached the level of dominant, let alone dynasty- three of the five least convincing Super Bowl wins in history, and each one a 3-point win on the foot of far and away the best player on their roster.

Kickers are hardly dynasty makers.

It was enlightening being in New England last week, where I hadn't travelled in about a decade. It was laughable how popular Pat's gear has all of a sudden become in a place where a Pat's Jersey used to simply signify a lackey who didn't have the good sense to buy Bruin's gear.

The facts simply don't support a designation of "Dynasty". A dynasty is multi-generational and at this point it's been a single generation of this team with titles. Dynasties in the NFL would be accurately limited to:

Green Bay

Pittsburgh

Dallas

San Francisco

Oakland/LA Raiders

Arguably Giants and Skins

In fact these Pats haven't even reached the level of dominant, let alone dynasty- three of the five least convincing Super Bowl wins in history, and each one a 3-point win on the foot of far and away the best player on their roster.

Kickers are hardly dynasty makers.

It was enlightening being in New England last week, where I hadn't travelled in about a decade. It was laughable how popular Pat's gear has all of a sudden become in a place where a Pat's Jersey used to simply signify a lackey who didn't have the good sense to buy Bruin's gear.

362003[/snapback]

Your lack of knowledge is disturbing.

Your lack of knowledge is disturbing.

362321[/snapback]

Well then please do entertain me! I'll spare the time to expose your ill manners in this forum in which you appear to forget you are a guest.

You offer not a single fact to refute my conclusion. Typically that's the sign of at best a blowhard, offering rhetoric over any substance.

Here's your chance to show just how "knowlegable" you are:

From among the 15 times that NFL teams have won consecutive championships I challenge you to identify any of those teams with LESS convincing back to back wins than the two 3-point squeakers the Pats eked out in '04 and '05.

tick.... tick...... tick..... tick......