What are your expectations for the draft picks?

appoo

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

High level special teams play. The British guy isn't even a rugby player. Not really. He is an amateur rugby player and boxer. The chances of him being anything at all are very remote. 

As of pure football guy through and through I love Gilliam 

Like you can't have 51 all pros on your roster... You can't have 51 pro bowlers 

You need meat and potato guys... Gritty guys who will do anything for the team... Punt unit , kick off unit, kick return unit 

You're not putting Dawson knox out there lol 

Yeah he's playing a dying position... But he's a good enough athlete to be an emergency tight end 

Catches solidly, and runs hard when given the chance 

Core special team guy... I hope Josh throws to him once a game... To keep people slightly honest 

He has the athleticism to be a weapon as a fullback... Sam gash light 

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

About 600 yards and 3 TD for Coleman.

Bishop a backup 

Davis a backup, 3rd and short guy

Van Pran could start, imo , the one pick I'm really excited to see 

I do love how this board is lukewarm on our top two picks 

Yet think an undersized, short-armed center who plays with bad technique will win the job

When McGovern played center very well at Penn State.. is now one of the bigger more athletic and stronger centers in the NFL... While having starting experience on the line 

He is not going to get beat out... In fact he's more likely to get a massive contract in 2 years from a team looking for a center for 5 years 

Center is physically the easiest... And McGovern is very strong and huge for a center... He's going to dominate

• Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

As of pure football guy through and through I love Gilliam 

Like you can't have 51 all pros on your roster... You can't have 51 pro bowlers 

You need meat and potato guys... Gritty guys who will do anything for the team... Punt unit , kick off unit, kick return unit 

You're not putting Dawson knox out there lol 

Yeah he's playing a dying position... But he's a good enough athlete to be an emergency tight end 

Catches solidly, and runs hard when given the chance 

Core special team guy... I hope Josh throws to him once a game... To keep people slightly honest 

He has the athleticism to be a weapon as a fullback... Sam gash light 

I do love how this board is lukewarm on our top two picks 

Yet think an undersized, short-armed center who plays with bad technique will win the job

When McGovern played center very well at Penn State.. is now one of the bigger more athletic and stronger centers in the NFL... While having starting experience on the line 

He is not going to get beat out... In fact he's more likely to get a massive contract in 2 years from a team looking for a center for 5 years 

Center is physically the easiest... And McGovern is very strong and huge for a center... He's going to dominate

I haven’t been super excited about the center situation but of the question marks I do think he is one that could actually end up emphatically filling the hole he is slotted up for. It’s no guarantee but he’d be the least shocking of the safety, center, wr1, etc… to actually hit it out of the park

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I haven’t been super excited about the center situation but of the question marks I do think he is one that could actually end up emphatically filling the hole he is slotted up for. It’s no guarantee but he’d be the least shocking of the safety, center, wr1, etc… to actually hit it out of the park

If you put Vanderbilt next to his name 

Nobody would be that high on the pic... He has some good traits... I have him as a solidly one to two year developmental guy 

I think he could be the starting center after 2 years of development on a good team 

he plays with below average technique against top guys... Has par core strength is undersized with short arms... Nothing screams day one NFL starter 

McGovern is 6'5 .. played college center... Is stronger and athletic with years of NFL strength and conditioning... Signs point to him being very good 

Vpg has some traits you want to develop... He would get bulldozed in the AFC East if we asked him to be our linchpin this year

I think we get a lot of solid production from the rookies:  

Coleman:  is a starter. 5TD, 400 yards.  A red zone menace with Knox and Coleman, but not much of a contributor outside of the redzone in year one. 

Bishop:  is a day 1 starter.  Plays better than Poyer did last year by the end of the year. 

Davis:  huge contributor on short yardage plays that takes designed running off Allen’s hands. 

Solomon is a huge surprise.  5 sacks, mostly at the end if the year.  Guy led college, and sacks generally predict future successful edge players. 

Carter:  solid rotation DT.  

Van Pran:  starting center by end of year. All rookie team. 

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you put Vanderbilt next to his name 

Nobody would be that high on the pic... He has some good traits... I have him as a solidly one to two year developmental guy 

I think he could be the starting center after 2 years of development on a good team 

he plays with below average technique against top guys... Has par core strength is undersized with short arms... Nothing screams day one NFL starter 

McGovern is 6'5 .. played college center... Is stronger and athletic with years of NFL strength and conditioning... Signs point to him being very good 

Vpg has some traits you want to develop... He would get bulldozed in the AFC East if we asked him to be our linchpin this year

I should have been clear I was agreeing on McGovern 

27 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I hope you're right. If bills get 5 sacks from Solomon, that would be huge production for a 5th round rookie edge

I mean, that’s not a huge number. For context 4.5 sacks would have him tied for 99th last year. It’s really not crazy. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean, that’s not a huge number. For context 4.5 sacks would have him tied for 99th last year. It’s really not crazy. 

Fair. If you look it that way though, that's about a low end DE3 or a very high end DE4.

I think he's DE5, assuming he's even active every game.

I am not saying you're wrong. I just think that would be extremely good and encouraging production for a 5th round rookie rotational end who may not be active every game.

49 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Fair. If you look it that way though, that's about a low end DE3 or a very high end DE4.

I think he's DE5, assuming he's even active every game.

I am not saying you're wrong. I just think that would be extremely good and encouraging production for a 5th round rookie rotational end who may not be active every game.

I think that the Bills will have roughly 1100 defensive snaps (give or take). I’m thinking that he plays about 35%. That’s 385 defensive snaps. Let’s say that 250 of those are pass plays (probably conservative for how he will be used). He needs to get to the QB on 2% of the plays.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the Bills will have roughly 1100 defensive snaps (give or take). I’m thinking that he plays about 35%. That’s 385 defensive snaps. Let’s say that 250 of those are pass plays (probably conservative for how he will be used). He needs to get to the QB on 2% of the plays.

I hope you're right sir. Would be awesome to get 5 plus sacks from him 

• Like (+1) 1

I just Love how Beane weaved through the draft and FA, trading through the draft and cutting dead weight and adding value in FA with limited resources. 

Expect alot of them to have big impacts from day 1 on..

• BuffaloBill changed the title to What are your expectations for the draft picks?
  • BuffaloBill unpinned this topic