Buffalo has Back to Back League Champs! Bandits #1

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Wow, that's way more than I thought possible. Average NBA attendance is about 18,000. That's wild!

Combination of historic franchise... Lacrosse is a niche sport but actually well played in Western New York 

And you could get the best seats in the House for 40 bucks 

You could take your family out for fun and entertainment a lot cheaper.... You can get the best season tickets for 400 bucks... You and your two sons can get a season of fun for 1200

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

What a great playoff run! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Only went to one game this past season, but I intend to up that to at least several next. The atmosphere is so much better than Sabres games. Such a blast. 

Sabres games are boring.  The Bandits have captured the spirit of the city!  Winning championships, regardless of the sport, does that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DeepPass said:

Sabres games are boring.  The Bandits have captured the spirit of the city!  Winning championships, regardless of the sport, does that

Only because of the product the Sabres have put on the ice for the past 13 years.  Sabres games were not boring in the 90s and early 2000's 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This play was the dagger. Hidden ball trick. Fooled everyone. Albany was cooked at that point. 

In fact the Bandits used all sorts of Harlem Globetrotters-style moves all night. Stuff I'm sure they were saving for last night.

LOL…Chase Fraser is such a showman! Many of the coolest and most creative lacrosse goals that I’ve ever seen came from him. That one-bounce goal of his last night was super fun, too.

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bandits are the most successful indoor lacrosse franchise. No other team comes close in attendance. Is it just because they have always been good? Is WNY, that includes several tribal areas, just a natural for the game? Albany is a very good team but only draws 4,000 average per game. I'm sure the NLL would love to figure out how to duplicate this level of success.

A lot of the NLL’s problems come down to really poor marketing. It’s not so much that people are rejecting the pro lacrosse product as it is that people don’t even know of the league’s existence.

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

A lot of the NLL’s problems come down to really poor marketing. It’s not so much that people are rejecting the pro lacrosse product as it is that people don’t even know of the league’s existence.

It doesn't help when your TV partner ESPN chooses to air a regular season UFL game instead of your league championship. They have 4 channels. They couldn't get the game on one of them?

• Angry 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It doesn't help when your TV partner ESPN chooses to air a regular season UFL game instead of your league championship. They have 4 channels. They couldn't get the game on one of them?

Buffalo has a marketing problem as well. Bandits lacrosse isn’t ever mentioned on WGR, written articles In the paper or rarely mentioned on the news. 

• Sad 1

I’m not ashmed to say that I shed a tear that first year when we won the championship in Philly 11-10 as an expansion team on Tavares’s behind the back shot in ot.

inwas expecting them to lose as buffalo teams tend to do

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And you could get the best seats in the House for 40 bucks 

Seats at the glass were going for $400 on the resale market Saturday.

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

Seats at the glass were going for $400 on the resale market Saturday.

Yea the resale market is crazy for any sport 

Point stands you can get a 10 game package for the bandits... Dead center in the lower bowl for 40 bucks a game 

I was actually pretty excited Sat night to see them win it all again.  It's good to see any Buffalo team raise the trophy and have confetti raining down.

I had SportsCenter on in the background Sunday morning and they didn't show one highlight, not even a Top-10 play,,,,and the game was an ESPN+ production.  That really brought home the fact that NLL Lacrosse is probably on par with NBA G-League in terms of moving the needle nationally.  So yeah, it's great they won but only the people that follow NLL know about it.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 9:51 AM, boater said:

This championship win is filed under things that make me happy.

My bucket list has "attend a Bandits game" on it. I understand they are quite an experience. Raucous.

Vinc is a helluva goaltender. I believe hockey and lacrosse dynasties come down to goaltending. Like QB is to the NFL.

By far my favorite live sporting event I've ever attended and it's not really even close and I've been to them multiple times as well as plenty of Bills, Sabres, various MLB games, MLS games, etc.

Edited by Big Turk

On 5/19/2024 at 11:07 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bandits are the most successful indoor lacrosse franchise. No other team comes close in attendance. Is it just because they have always been good? Is WNY, that includes several tribal areas, just a natural for the game? Albany is a very good team but only draws 4,000 average per game. I'm sure the NLL would love to figure out how to duplicate this level of success.

Rochester used to pack it every game, then ownership d bags, then the move… hard to get excited when they stripped us of everything 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 8:59 PM, Chicharito said:

Buffalo has a marketing problem as well. Bandits lacrosse isn’t ever mentioned on WGR, written articles In the paper or rarely mentioned on the news. 

Schopp lost 30lbs. There’s a newspaper? Local TV news need all the time they can to give weather reports. 

Edited by US Egg
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/19/2024 at 5:16 PM, Buffalo716 said:

They averaged over 15,000 per game this year

Actually like 16.5K per game during the regular season and 18K for the playoffs.

On 5/19/2024 at 11:07 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Albany was good this year but they have sucked mostly the years prior.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Actually like 16.5K per game during the regular season and 18K for the playoffs.

Albany was good this year but they have sucked mostly the years prior.

Albany will be even better next year with their new prospects joining the team