WR trade candidates, who do you want?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I didn't compare him statistically to their rookie year 

I'm comparing him to the type of player he Could be

None of those guys got a lion share of targets their rookie year... Or had Josh Allen throwing them ball 

Keon Coleman gets 120 targets... He's going to ball 

Vincent Jackson and plaxico  were machines... Like studs

Plaxico never even made a Pro Bowl man. He got force fed but was horrifically inefficient. Caught 50% of the balls thrown his way lol. He was Gabe Davis with a bigger target share.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, warrior9 said:

If any trade were going to happen, this would be it. 

This board is obsessed with trading for a WR and it's just not going to happen. Beane said in his post draft interview that this was an infusion of youth off season. I think they believe we are more than set at WR and I agree. 

If I had to guess, they see Kincaid forming into a #1 option while Coleman develops this year. They see Samuel being a defacto #1 WR while Shakir plays the slot. We are more than fine at WR since #17 is our QB. We don't have big names because we got rid of our only "big name" so people panic. We will have a new "big name"(or #1) by the end of the season whether it's any of the mentioned above is to be determined. 

17 was our QB last season and we had better WRs.  

What is the value of "youth" for it's own sake here?

19 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

How can you claim there are no signs?  Isn't hoarding 2025 draft picks a sign?  Isn't not getting a top end FA WR a sign?  Isn't only drafting 1 WR a sign?  Wasn't not taking the full amount of Josh's restructure a sign?  What, do you need a written invitation?  Is the only sign, in your mind, Beane saying "We are actively trying to trade for a WR".

"Isn't hoarding 2025 draft picks a sign?" - NO...one, we arent "hoarding" them, and no, it is not a sign just like having 75 draft picks in this draft wasn't a sign.

"Isnt not getting a top end FA WR a sign?" - NO...not a sign at all.  It was never an option from the get go, again, you should try listening to Beane.  We did however sign Samuel who is only 27 for 3 years.  

"Isn't only drafting 1 WR a sign" - NO...not at all, its what many of us expected unless we took a developmental one on day 3.  

"Wasn't not taking the full amount of Josh's restructure a sign?" - NO, it is a sign that Beane is smart and keeping some flexibility if he needs it.  But nothing about that means its a sign we are making a big trade for a WR, especially since Beane has flat out said we are not doing that many times now.  

There are no signs.

19 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I haven't listened that intently to Beane.  Just as well really, because if listening to Beane makes me say ridiculous things like "literally 0% chance anyone on that list is traded to the Bills" I think a may be the better for it.  That is some type of hypnotic mind meld Beane has over a lot of people here.  But congrats to you for taking it to the "literally 0% chance"  level.

Coleman is not a top WR.  He wasn't meant to be, not this  year anyway.  He is meant to replace G Davis and I think he can do a great job at that.

This might be the funniest thing I read all off season.  You just said you don't listen to Beane, which is obvious considering you have been wrong on everything you thought Beane would do all off season.  You were wrong we would trade for a WR before the draft...wrong we would trade up for one of the big 3...wrong we would trade up for Thomas...wrong we would take 2 WR's early (or even at all).  But you seem to think your "signs" are still more reliable than what Beane flat out says?  LOL ok.  

And again, maybe you should just listen to Beane...I mean he flat out stated that Coleman is our X WR this year, that is your WR1 and is capable of playing some Z too.  

The fact you think he was "meant to replace G Davis" just tells me you not only haven't listened to anything Beane has said before or after the draft, but you do not really know much about Coleman and probably make that statement because of your opinion on his 40 time.  Because Coleman and Davis are really not similar at all.  

I too think they want to see what they have in house first. Lots of if's...But if more than 1 pans out, Is there still a need? There would be no need if Coleman and say Claypool pan out. Even if they can split time at the X, that's a good thing. I think they plan at mix and matching at the Z and slot and with what we have I can see that working. Then incorporate the backs and TE's, you can win with that. 

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

NO...not a sign at all.  It was never an option from the get go, again, you should try listening to Beane

You should know better.  Beane is notorious for smoke screens and doing things he blatantly said he wouldn't.  You cannot take his word as gospel.   That's been a common theme with him since his tenure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

"Isn't hoarding 2025 draft picks a sign?" - NO...one, we arent "hoarding" them, and no, it is not a sign just like having 75 draft picks in this draft wasn't a sign.

"Isnt not getting a top end FA WR a sign?" - NO...not a sign at all.  It was never an option from the get go, again, you should try listening to Beane.  We did however sign Samuel who is only 27 for 3 years.  

"Isn't only drafting 1 WR a sign" - NO...not at all, its what many of us expected unless we took a developmental one on day 3.  

"Wasn't not taking the full amount of Josh's restructure a sign?" - NO, it is a sign that Beane is smart and keeping some flexibility if he needs it.  But nothing about that means its a sign we are making a big trade for a WR, especially since Beane has flat out said we are not doing that many times now.  

There are no signs.

This might be the funniest thing I read all off season.  You just said you don't listen to Beane, which is obvious considering you have been wrong on everything you thought Beane would do all off season.  You were wrong we would trade for a WR before the draft...wrong we would trade up for one of the big 3...wrong we would trade up for Thomas...wrong we would take 2 WR's early (or even at all).  But you seem to think your "signs" are still more reliable than what Beane flat out says?  LOL ok.  

And again, maybe you should just listen to Beane...I mean he flat out stated that Coleman is our X WR this year, that is your WR1 and is capable of playing some Z too.  

The fact you think he was "meant to replace G Davis" just tells me you not only haven't listened to anything Beane has said before or after the draft, but you do not really know much about Coleman and probably make that statement because of your opinion on his 40 time.  Because Coleman and Davis are really not similar at all.  

First off, quit making things up about what I said.  I didn't say that nonsense that you are attributing to me.  I never wanted Thomas or the price needed for the big 3.  Although I have always wanted a top tier veteran WR.

Your refuting the signs reminds me of your going piece by piece and picking apart the Diggs comments as no big deal.  I'm sure you said something along the lines of there is "literally 0% chance" Diggs is traded.  Sometimes it seems you have problems seeing the forest from the trees.

My opinion on Coleman is how I would like to see him in the hierarchy of the WR room.  I don't want him as the top WR, I do not want to pencil him in as the replacement for Diggs.

A trade may or may not happen.  I want it to happen.  I've listed WRs I would like.  No need for some holier than thou attitude.

7 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

You should know better.  Beane is notorious for smoke screens and doing things he blatantly said he wouldn't.  You cannot take his word as gospel.   That's been a common theme with him since his tenure.

Except he's not.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Plaxico never even made a Pro Bowl man. He got force fed but was horrifically inefficient. Caught 50% of the balls thrown his way lol. He was Gabe Davis with a bigger target share.

Now you lose all credibility if you don't think Plex was a very good wide receiver 

Nobody is saying he was a hall of famer... He was in an era with lot of beast wide receivers ... 8500 yd and 65 touchdowns... Missed two years after shooting himself... Came back with 700 yards and eight touchdowns... That's impressive.. physically he's a freak that's why he went top 10

He was a TD machine who could man handle corners

I think he had five 1,000 yard season... Including 1300 yd 

He's way better than Gabe Davis... Who has had a Hall of famer throwing him the ball... While being covered by number two and number three corners... Plex was getting the number one

Look at Vincent Jackson's stats or Keenan Allen... Those are other guys he compares to 

You can't say those guys are bums

I don't think you remember watching Plex play because he was a physical beast who commanded the number one corner

Edited by Buffalo716

10 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

First off, quit making things up about what I said.  I didn't say that nonsense that you are attributing to me.  I never wanted Thomas or the price needed for the big 3.  Although I have always wanted a top tier veteran WR.

Your refuting the signs reminds me of your going piece by piece and picking apart the Diggs comments as no big deal.  I'm sure you said something along the lines of there is "literally 0% chance" Diggs is traded.  Sometimes it seems you have problems seeing the forest from the trees.

My opinion on Coleman is how I would like to see him in the hierarchy of the WR room.  I don't want him as the top WR, I do not want to pencil him in as the replacement for Diggs.

A trade may or may not happen.  I want it to happen.  I've listed WRs I would like.  No need for some holier than thou attitude.

My hard issue I had about the Diggs thread was when people were trying to turn things he said into things he completely didn't say to force a negative narrative about Diggs to rally people against him so they would want him traded.  

And, yes that is your opinion...but its not the opinion of the coaches or Beane.  He was drafted to play the X and be a WR1, and Coleman and Davis are not similar players.  

So no disrespect, but what you want isn't what happened and its not likely going to happen.  Bills drafted Coleman to play the X which is your WR1 type role, and time will tell how that works out or not, but that is the plan for him and its been echoed by everyone within the Bills that has spoken on it.  

And you are right, I shouldn't say 0% chance Beane trades for a WR, I mean Beane has proven to be aggressive when he sees an opportunity.  But, again, Beane already stated he has no interest in trading for a pricey Vet several times now before and since the draft.  So while it may not be 0%, I would say its highly unlikely without a significant change in circumstances like an injury or the WR group just struggling once everyone gets to camp.  

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My hard issue I had about the Diggs thread was when people were trying to turn things he said into things he completely didn't say to force a negative narrative about Diggs to rally people against him so they would want him traded.  

And, yes that is your opinion...but its not the opinion of the coaches or Beane.  He was drafted to play the X and be a WR1, and Coleman and Davis are not similar players.  

So no disrespect, but what you want isn't what happened and its not likely going to happen.  Bills drafted Coleman to play the X which is your WR1 type role, and time will tell how that works out or not, but that is the plan for him and its been echoed by everyone within the Bills that has spoken on it.  

And you are right, I shouldn't say 0% chance Beane trades for a WR, I mean Beane has proven to be aggressive when he sees an opportunity.  But, again, Beane already stated he has no interest in trading for a pricey Vet several times now before and since the draft.  So while it may not be 0%, I would say its highly unlikely without a significant change in circumstances like an injury or the WR group just struggling once everyone gets to camp.  

I agree with you on the chance of making a trade. I disagree with you on Coleman and Davis being very different. There are some difference but some strong similarities too.

Edited by GunnerBill

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with you on the chance of making a trade. I disagree with you on Coleman and Davis being very different. There are some difference but some strong similarities too.

I honestly do not see any similarities between Davis and Coleman besides slight height weight similarities

Davis is a bulked up more clunky athlete...

Keon Coleman played division one basketball... Can flush down alley oops smooth ..  he looks like a glider

Was Florida state's primary punt return... Everybody knows you put your best athlete in college at punt returner 

So Florida State thought he was the best athlete on the team... He's fluid and smooth... Davis clunky 

Davis has a weird catching motion.. keon Coleman has clean hands 

I've seen him hurdle people, one hand catch, juke people.. and run by people 

Davis didn't even do that at UCF... He's a supreme athlete who is still getting better at football..  which will be a plus for the bills

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I honestly do not see any similarities between Davis and Coleman besides slight height weight similarities

Davis is a bulked up more clunky athlete...

Keon Coleman played division one basketball... Can flush down alley oops smooth ..  he looks like a glider

Was Florida state's primary punt return... Everybody knows you put your best athlete in college at punt returner 

So Florida State thought he was the best athlete on the team... He's fluid and smooth... Davis clunky 

Davis has a weird catching motion.. keon Coleman has clean hands 

I've seen him hurdle people, one hand catch, juke people.. and run by people 

Dave Davis didn't even do that at UCF

Neither separates naturally. Neither is great off the line, especially against press. Neither is a nuanced route runner. Both need to be better as contested catch makers. I think both are good actually at body control in short spaces. It was one of Gabe's strengths and Coleman does it reall well. I think Coleman is better than Gabe but I think there are similarities. 

There are differences too. Coleman is much better, more fluid and more powerful ball in hand. I think his YAC is his single biggest attribute. I also agree Coleman is a more natural catcher and he will drop fewer of those "gotta have it" balls. The ceiling is higher on Coleman but to me he is an upgrade on Gabe as a WR2 in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 3

I don’t think they’ll look for any of them. My impression is they’ll be fielding a more balanced attack with greater emphasis on the run and the short game.  
Ball control.

Clock management.

Matriculate methodically down the field, put points on the board, then let the well-rested defense do their job. 
I believe this change in philosophy may have contributed to making Diggs expendable and why a player like Worthy wasn’t of interest.  
Now, along with the dual TE threat, they have bigger WRs who will block, create mismatches with smaller DBs, and win the battle with contested balls. 
  I’ll be very surprised if the Bills go after one of the ‘name’ WR. They’d have to give up something. They’re well positioned for next year’s draft. Why would Beane want to lose that? I’m sure they don’t want to get into another Von Miller situation in which they open the vault and hamstring themselves again in cap jail with a ‘role player’. 
With the addition of Ray Davis, they’ll also a pair of guys coming out of the backfield who can catch.
IMO, no need to target any more WRs.

They’re good to go. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Who do you think will be the Bills best WR to start the season?  C Samuel maybe?  Didn't Beane say don't expect K Coleman to start at the beginning of the season?

I just can't understand people who think K Coleman as a rookie is going to be as good as Diggs was.  The role I envision is K Coleman splitting with C Samuel as the second best WR with Shakir continuing to grow his role as a good WR3/slot.

4 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Who do you think will be the Bills best WR to start the season?  C Samuel maybe?  Didn't Beane say don't expect K Coleman to start at the beginning of the season?

I just can't understand people who think K Coleman as a rookie is going to be as good as Diggs was.  The role I envision is K Coleman splitting with C Samuel as the second best WR with Shakir continuing to grow his role as a good WR3/slot.

I think it will be Samuel, yes.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Neither separates naturally. Neither is great off the line, especially against press. Neither is a nuanced route runner. Both need to be better as contested catch makers. I think both are good actually at body control in short spaces. It was one of Gabe's strengths and Coleman does it reall well. I think Coleman is better than Gabe but I think there are similarities. 

There are differences too. Coleman is much better, more fluid and more powerful ball in hand. I think his YAC is his single biggest attribute. I also agree Coleman is a more natural catcher and he will drop fewer of those "gotta have it" balls. The ceiling is higher on Coleman but to me he is an upgrade on Gabe as a WR2 in the NFL. 

Coleman absolutely has number one potential... His route running while not nuanced... He shows he can separate within 15 yards because of his smoothness 

In breaking routes he was tremendous on.. Gabe only was good on posts for in breaking routes 

Couldn't run a 15 yd square in.. keon Coleman actually excells on a square in.. which is one of Josh's favorite throws... Him and diggs were money 

He's been a two sports star for the last decade.. there are not many people alive who Kansas recruits for football and basketball... He's probably the only one 

And his athleticism is starting to show more on tape than it did 2 years ago... You say wide receiver two but his athleticism is too good..  and everybody says he's a good worker

I say more athletic keenan Allen once he figures out leverage for route running... He is capable of running good routes he just isn't nuance

I have friends who still scout for NFL teams including me still being on the road.. and I got a dozen texts saying we got the steal of the draft from NFL scouts

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Plaxico is Gabe Davis? By all means, explain that one. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it will be Samuel, yes.

Therein lies the problem.  A contending team is going to go into the season with their on-paper best WR as C Samuel?  Ouch.  I hope for Beane's sake they don't give out worst GM of the year award.

And it's not only a 2024 problem.  The hole will still be there for 2025.  

It seems to me, people on this board micromanage the words from Beane.  If we take a step back and say Beane is a good GM.  A good GM would never go into a season with C Samuel as their top WR.  Ergo, the Bills will get a better WR.   The question then becomes who, and I have laid out my preferred options.

• Like (+1) 1