2024 Buffalo Bills Roster - All 91 Spots filled

1 hour ago, skibum said:

Am I crazy, or is this by far the worst roster on paper we have had since the drought? 

QB - Elite

TE - One of the best units in the NFL

RB - One of the better units in the NFL, with a pro-bowl RB and a 4th Round rookie addition

OL - On paper, and with Kromer leading it, likely a Top 12 group

DT - Very good 4 man rotation on paper with Oliver, Jones, Johnson & Carter (Better than last year)

DE - Depends on Von being able to give us Floyd's production

LB - On paper, if Milano is fully healthy, one of the best tandems in the NFL with good depth

NCB - One of the best slot corner in the league

CB - Douglas & Benford are a good duo.  Depth dependent upon Elam.

Not sure I see "worst roster on paper since...".  In many areas I believe we are as good, or better, than last year.  The two massive question marks to lend credence to your statement are if we fall on our face at WR and Safety.  Both units adding an unproven high pick at the position, to go with veterans.  Samuel & Shakir having a good bit of upside, with Rapp/Edwards at safety being more JAG types who we hope excel in our system. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

• BillsFanForever19 changed the title to 2024 Buffalo Bills Roster - 90 of 91 Spots Filled

UB LB Joe Andreeseen has been signed to the roster after his Rookie Minicamp tryout.

This leaves one open roster spot. Though bottom of the roster releases could be done if they decided to sign more than one player between now and Training Camp.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/9/2024 at 10:39 AM, Billy Claude said:

Slight exaggeration but possibly since 2019? That is, unless a bunch of best case scenarios occur and addition by subtraction really applies.

Slight exaggeration?  That is so nonsensical it cannot be considered hyperbole 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm willing to bet he's going to get better offers from other teams.

Agreed. He's going to have options. And his agent is going to direct him to a team that is either going to straight up give him the job or to a team that has an inexpensive starter that doesn't have a secure grasp on the starting job for an even and open competition for a starting job. Not to a team like us that has a guy on an expensive, unlikely to be cut contract, and a firm position on the 53.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2024 at 8:20 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Here's a look at how the roster is shaping out, by position as we head towards Training Camp. Included are all reported Undrafted Free Agents.

We currently have two roster spots open, as Travis Clayton gets a roster exemption for Camp being an International Pathway Program player:

QB:
Josh Allen #17 
Mitch Trubisky #11
Shane Buechele #6

RB:
James Cook #4
Ray Davis #22
Ty Johnson #26
Darrynton Evans #37
Frank Gore Jr. #20
-
Reggie Gilliam #41

WR:
Keon Coleman #0
Curtis Samuel #1
Khalil Shakir #10
Mack Hollins #13
Justin Shorter #18 
Chase Claypool #14
Quintez Cephus #81

K.J. Hamler #19
Andy Isabella #87
Tyrell Shavers #80
Bryan Thompson #89
Xavier Johnson Jr. #16
Lawrence Keys #82

TE: 
Dalton Kincaid #86
Dawson Knox #88
Quintin Morris #85
Zach Davidson #84
Tre Mc'Kitty #83

OL:
Dion Dawkins #73
David Edwards #76
Connor McGovern #66
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
La'el Collins #71
Sedrick Van Pran-Granger #62
Ryan Van Demark #74
Alec Anderson #70
Tylan Grable #68
Travis Clayton #67 (Roster Exemption)
Will Clapp #77
Tommy Doyle #72
Richard Gouraige #75
Kevin Jarvis #63
Keaton Bills #60
Gunner Britton #61
Mike Edwards #65

DE: 
Von Miller #40
Greg Rousseau #50
AJ Epenesa #57
Dawuane Smoot #94
Javon Solomon #56
Casey Toohill #95
Kingsley Jonathan #59
Kameron Cline #96
David Ugwoebgu #55

Rondell Bothroyd #97

DT:
Ed Oliver #91
Daquan Jones #92
DeWayne Carter #90
Austin Johnson #98
DeShawn Williams #99
Eli Ankou #51
Branson Deen #53

LB:
Matt Milano #58
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
Edefuan Ulofoshio #48
Baylon Spector #54
Deion Jones #45
Nicholas Morrow #52

Joe Andreeseen #41* (Camp # Owned by Gilliam)

CB:
Rasul Douglas #31
Christian Benford #47
Taron Johnson #7
Kaiir Elam #5
Daequan Hardy #25
Ja'Marcus Ingram #46
Kyron Brown #32
Keni-H Lovely #38
Te'Cory Couch #33

S:
Cole Bishop #24
Mike Edwards #21
Taylor Rapp #9
Cam Lewis #33 
Damar Hamlin #3
Kendall Williamson #36

ST:
Tyler Bass #2
Sam Martin #8
Reid Ferguson #69
Matt Haack #15
Jack Browning #30

I really hope Kingsley Jonathan #59 gets a real shot to make the final roster!

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, DeepPass said:

I really hope Kingsley Jonathan #59 gets a real shot to make the final roster!

I don't see him making it. He'll have a "chance", just like anyone in Training Camp does. But he's a longshot.

I think they view him like a Brandin Bryant before him. A guy they like enough that he always has a spot on the Practice Squad and is generally the first to get called up if there's an injury. But they feel fairly safe putting him there. If he gets pulled away to a 53 (as he did briefly with Atlanta last year), they're happy for him. But they know he'll always find his way back.

We kept 6 last year, but that was just because of Von's injury and the guys we had under contract/Drafted that we felt we couldn't lose. Usually the numbers 4 or 5. I think we keep 5 this year. Groot, Von, and Epenesa are locks. Solomon being a 5th Round Pick (and a steal there) is pretty safe in my eyes. That leaves one spot for Smoot, Toohill, or Kingsley. Smoot signed a 2.5m contract with 1.75 guaranteed and is a much more productive player with much more experience. I think he gets the last spot. I even think Toohill has a better chance than Kingsley does.

If they truly felt that Kingsley had earned a spot on the 53 after last season, they wouldn't have Drafted Solomon and signed Smoot post Draft, after signing Toohill earlier in Free Agency. They'd have passed on one or two of those.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

• BillsFanForever19 changed the title to 2024 Buffalo Bills Roster - All 91 Spots filled
1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With the addition of MVS, the roster is now at capacity for Training Camp. Any additions made from here will have a roster cut following it.

So you’re saying they’re gonna have to cut someone when I show up at Camp? Okay…. I’ll sit this one out….again. 

• Haha (+1) 1