Buffalo Bills Schedule Discussion / Prediction Thread

20 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

If true, this is a brutal schedule.

There are no gimme's here except the Pats game

This is said every year, then teams are better, other teams are worse and the image of who's good and who's bad changes and we start all over again with "this schedule is brutal".

Didn't live up to being good or decent (due to injury or otherwise):

Jets 2x

Bengals

Chargers

Cowboys

Bucs

Giants

Jaguars

Lived up to being good or decent:

Chiefs

Eagles

Dolphins (iffy on this one)

Were supposed to be bad and were bad:

Pats 2x

Broncos

Commanders

Raiders

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sleeby said:

Rumor is both Xmas games to be streamed and likely netflix.  

https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/netflix-nfl-christmas-day-2024-games-streaming-1235998673/

This has to stop and has to come from our politicians - Christmas Day these games played in stadiums the taxpayers pay 100s of millions for needs to be put on airwaives free to the public - period !!!!  They cannot let Jerry Jonese's run wild chasing any penny they can

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, jahbonas said:

This has to stop and has to come from our politicians - Christmas Day these games played in stadiums the taxpayers pay 100s of millions for needs to be put on airwaives free to the public - period !!!!  They cannot let Jerry Jonese's run wild chasing any penny they can

Good luck getting the citizens united bought and owned pols to impede capitalism.  

On 5/10/2024 at 10:31 AM, MikePJ76 said:

I hate the nfl on xmas eve or xmas day.

Can't we have one or two days to eat too much and watch movies with the fam without the nfl having to hijack it.  

It seems the nfl's plan is to take complete control over every major holiday.  There is going to be a july 4th bowl before we know it.

I mean come on I just want to have a drink and watch Die Hard without worrying I am missing an important game.

Yeah it's ridiculous.  Unless it's a Bills game I am not going to watch football on Christmas Day, I probably won't watch the Friday night game in Brazil between the Packers and Eagles either.  I hope this plan to have NFL on every night and every holiday backfires on them and they don't get the ratings they are hoping for.  I have always been an "NFL Degenerate" that will give up my Sundays and Monday Nights during the season, my family and friends all know this.  But I will not give up every night of the week and holidays such as Christmas Day to watch the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Yeah it's ridiculous.  Unless it's a Bills game I am not going to watch football on Christmas Day, I probably won't watch the Friday night game in Brazil between the Packers and Eagles either.  I hope this plan to have NFL on every night and every holiday backfires on them and they don't get the ratings they are hoping for.  I have always been an "NFL Degenerate" that will give up my Sundays and Monday Nights during the season, my family and friends all know this.  But I will not give up every night of the week and holidays such as Christmas Day to watch the NFL.  

My problem is that it really waters down the product. I’m a lifelong football fanatic but even I don’t want to watch it every day of the week. It’s way too much. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

My problem is that it really waters the product. I’m a lifelong football fanatic but even I don’t want to watch it every day of the week. It’s way too much. 

There's no bigger NFL fan than me. I would watch it every day of the week and if the NFL said "we're gonna syphon money out of your account against your will to watch us". I'd still watch it. They got me by the balls

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My problem is that it really waters the product. I’m a lifelong football fanatic but even I don’t want to watch it every day of the week. It’s way too much. 

Exactly.  Having the spotlight on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday Nights on top of all day Sunday is more than enough.  I don't have it in me to to add in Wednesdays and Fridays now.  I love football but I have other interests in life too, and I enjoy a traditional Christmas with Family.  Obviously people will watch but I hope the ratings don't hit their targeted goals.  They will continue to push for more until people show they won't tune in.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Exactly.  Having the spotlight on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday Nights on top of all day Sunday is more than enough.  I don't have it in me to to add in Wednesdays and Fridays now.  I love football but I have other interests in life too, and I enjoy a traditional Christmas with Family.  Obviously people will watch but I hope the ratings don't hit their targeted goals.  They will continue to push for more until people show they won't tune in.  

This plus making fans pay extra to watch playoff games like the Dolphins-Chiefs game last year. 

• Agree 1

On 5/10/2024 at 4:36 PM, jahbonas said:

The games will be shown on over the air TV in both teams home markets. 

14 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Then it’s simple ; don’t watch if you don’t want to. Others may feel differently. No reason to let the NBA hog the Christmas tv sports spotlight. I mean, if the game is on and you don’t watch then why worry if others choose to catch the game ? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Then it’s simple ; don’t watch if you don’t want to. Others may feel differently. No reason to let the NBA hog the Christmas tv sports spotlight. I mean, if the game is on and you don’t watch then why worry if others choose to catch the game ? 

The NBA is the one who should be pissed about the NFL playing on Christmas. Last year the NFL crushed the NBA in the ratings on Christmas which is a surprise to nobody. I could see the NBA not playing on Christmas in the future if the NFL insists playing on Dec 25th.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

There's no bigger NFL fan than me. I would watch it every day of the week and if the NFL said "we're gonna syphon money out of your account against your will to watch us". I'd still watch it. They got me by the balls

they have everyone by the balls and that is why they are such greedy scum.  They suck the life out of everything and sometime in the near future they will suck it out of the nfl too.

The nfl became amazing on the backs of great players, great teams, great rivalries, great stadiums, great atmospheres, great fan bases, great broadcasters and minimal marketing and selling of the product.  Now it all seems backwards.  The nfl used to go away and allow the nhl, nba and mlb to breathe.  The players got away and so did the fans...then the draft would come and 50% at best of the fans would watch little parts of it....then the nfl would go away again only to return to the zeitgeist in august when camps were going.

Its just 24/7 365 now.  I love the nfl and always have but enough is enough.  We don't need home teams sacrificing home games in europe/mexico and we definitely do not need games on every holiday.  Thanksgiving and then the saturdays when college football ended was perfect.  

anyway.  Hopefully the xmas games are like arizona and new orleans or something... then I will definitely not watch and won't care.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

they have everyone by the balls and that is why they are such greedy scum.  They suck the life out of everything and sometime in the near future they will suck it out of the nfl too.

The nfl became amazing on the backs of great players, great teams, great rivalries, great stadiums, great atmospheres, great fan bases, great broadcasters and minimal marketing and selling of the product.  Now it all seems backwards.  The nfl used to go away and allow the nhl, nba and mlb to breathe.  The players got away and so did the fans...then the draft would come and 50% at best of the fans would watch little parts of it....then the nfl would go away again only to return to the zeitgeist in august when camps were going.

Its just 24/7 365 now.  I love the nfl and always have but enough is enough.  We don't need home teams sacrificing home games in europe/mexico and we definitely do not need games on every holiday.  Thanksgiving and then the saturdays when college football ended was perfect.  

anyway.  Hopefully the xmas games are like arizona and new orleans or something... then I will definitely not watch and won't care.  

I don't understand why football fans complain about more football. It never made sense to me. Is it greed? Sure. But I love to watch it so, I quite frankly couldn't care less. You all can watch a million hockey games a week but the NFL 3 or 4 times a week is too much? Doesn't make sense to me. What are we gonna do as NFL fans? Strike against buying Merchandise so that they only put it on on Sundays? No, give me all the football you want. 

On 5/10/2024 at 10:44 AM, Gary Marangi said:

GNN10rrXgAAizuU.jpeg.jpg

This schedule makes it look the the Wednesday Xmas game would be the last game of that NFL week.

I thought some articles about this implied that it would actually be the first game of the NFL week leading up to the weekend slate.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Great for those 2 markets - the other 30 markets get screwed over  and almost all those 30 markets (like Buffalo inputting 600 million) paid for their stadiums

17 minutes ago, Process said:

There is a guy on Twitter who has a source and releases the schedule much earlier than anyone else. Is legit/always accurate. CJ something. Anyone know his Twitter?

CJ Caggiano.  Not sure if he still gets that info though 

• Like (+1) 1