Jim Nagy-Here's what #BillsMafia can expect from seniorbowl rookies:

3 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

I just hope that Damar Hamlin doesn’t make the roster. It’s a great story and all, but he’s got no business being in the NFL, as a player.  

Let's make D.H's dream come true and allow him to become a Steeler!

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I said the same thing on draft night when the idiot analyst said he would be great playing next to Oliver.   He's his backup longterm.

He’s basically Harrison Phillips. A very good backup with high character, leadership from a great academic school. And both 3rd round picks 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Why not?  Until this last year Oliver was a bust. He was on fire until he hit his bonus.

Why would it be a bad thing if he can out perform him? It means the team improves and isn't that the goal?  Imagine both being on the field for passing downs?  

Oliver was never a bust. He didn’t consistently play at the level we all thought he would, but not even close to a bust. You’re quite extreme with the use of that word

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, wppete said:

Nice effort with your overall write up but there is absolutely no way Dwayne Carter “could push for a starting job” at 3-tech when we have one of the best in the NFL in Ed Oliver who is also one of our best players. Carter will be a good backup and insurance just incase of injury. He’s a good player but doesn’t come close to Ed Olivers level. 

Boy! Crazy stuff going on…. One guys says Oliver was a bust his first three seasons and anther thinks Ed is one of the best in the NFL; both are nuts….

Ed is a solid football player. Nothing special but a decent starter….He can look like an all-pro vs. jags that play him one on one and can completely disappear vs. all-pro guards or double teams.

Ed is actually a decent one-tech as well…solid, but unspectacular….

McBeane probably gets a C for drafting him… Average. Much like Groot, who is also a solid football player but nothing special.

McBeane gets a B grade for drafting him though because he was a much later pick….

PS - Bills desperately need a blue chip type player on the DL. Someone that can make our DL dynamic. Someone that commands a OC’s attention. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Oliver was never a bust. He didn’t consistently play at the level we all thought he would, but not even close to a bust. You’re quite extreme with the use of that word

Fro being the 9th overall pick he was being a bust.  The 34th or so pick then no.  At #9 you expect them to play at a certain level

17 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Fro being the 9th overall pick he was being a bust.  The 34th or so pick then no.  At #9 you expect them to play at a certain level

So like I said, we have very different views on what a bust is.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you think that they either meet expectations or they are a bust.  Sorry if I'm off, but like I said it seems like a bit of an extreme view point

11 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

If he's a Pat Williams I'm happy! 😄 

Great reference point.  Pat Williams had a very good NFL career with us and the Vikings.  Real good guy too.  I have never even seen Dewayne Carter play.  (Duke football is not usually appointment TV)  However, from I have heard he sounds like a solid pickup.  Hopefully he plays at Ed Oliver's level as he grows into an NFL player.  And if he can be better then Ed at some point (Ed has been good, but not great) even better.  

2 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Boy! Crazy stuff going on…. One guys says Oliver was a bust his first three seasons and anther thinks Ed is one of the best in the NFL; both are nuts….

Ed is a solid football player. Nothing special but a decent starter….He can look like an all-pro vs. jags that play him one on one and can completely disappear vs. all-pro guards or double teams.

Ed is actually a decent one-tech as well…solid, but unspectacular….

McBeane probably gets a C for drafting him… Average. Much like Groot, who is also a solid football player but nothing special.

McBeane gets a B grade for drafting him though because he was a much later pick….

PS - Bills desperately need a blue chip type player on the DL. Someone that can make our DL dynamic. Someone that commands a OC’s attention. 

That's an interesting perspective.  We do not have a big time stud type of guy on the D Line right now.  But are we really in desperate need of one?  That's seem a bit over the top.  Having a bunch of high motor good D Lineman will work just fine.  And if any can play above that even better.  I would be happy if AJ Rousseau Oliver Jones Von and the rest were "good" every week.  Because they certainly have not been "good" every week.

On 5/4/2024 at 2:13 PM, SoonerBillsFan said:

Why not?  Until this last year Oliver was a bust. He was on fire until he hit his bonus.

Why would it be a bad thing if he can out perform him? It means the team improves and isn't that the goal?  Imagine both being on the field for passing downs?  

I wonder why teams don't create incentives solely for the playoffs. You might get guys fighting harder mentally when they physically are spent or the other way around. Idk. I'm dumb so maybe they already do.   

• Agree 1

Nagy is the Executive Director of the Senior Bowl. He's not going to say " we invited this guy to participate and he sucked".