Beane literally added a promising draft prospect at every level on both sides of the ball

I get that you can't grade a draft until they play - but I think we can grade the logic behind the decision process.  I think that this draft showed that Beane is comfortable in his position and didn't need to force things to keep ownership happy with a shiny new object.  If Coleman was their man from jump, it makes sense to trade back and get extra value.  I love Bishop. 

Like others, I would have loved to see Franklin or Rice here based upon their pre-draft rankings.  That said every other GM valued them less than their rankings too, and I'm guessing that they access to intel that we don't.

We appeared to get good value at positions of need.  This team has to turn over some mid-level guys. With any luck we found a few solid starters and a few more capable players in this league.

7 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

I think Beane is not getting enough props for adding a piece to every single group on both sides of the ball. This is an infusion of youth everywhere on the roster.

We are now a younger team that has good depth pretty much everywhere.

We may need a gamechanger or two, but now at least you reloaded the roster with promising young players, and next season we will have cap space and even better draft capital to make a power move or two should we have a glaring need.

I like the approach, and we'll see how good McDermott and his staff really are given the makeup of the roster

But the draft grades!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

The Eagles had arguably the worst defense in the league last season, so they have a major weakness which this team does not have. We are top ten on each side of the ball, so while you may think their roster is considerably better, the results last year say otherwise. They also traded for AJ Brown who is arguably their best player...he wasn't drafted by them. Jalen Hurts was a hit, but I think he had a bit of a fluke year when they went to the superbowl. The jury is still out on whether he is worth the contract he got. Their linebackers and secondary are abysmal, and they have taken low character/off field issue players when they fell to them. That is high risk, high reward.

If you wanna crucify Beane for not hitting on elite talent, then best of luck to you finding the GM that hits on them while maintaining a roster that you can manage cap wise, personality wise, and keep well rounded like this one...cause he has done just about everything else you could ask for. He brought in Diggs which payed dividends for his tenure here, and Miller looked to be that difference maker on defense until the injury, so he recognized the need and addressed it with proven commodities...luck just wasn't with us.

I wouldn't trade our roster for the Eagles whatsoever. There was internal issues there last season, and AJ Brown is another Diva that brings as much drama as he does receiving talent. Allen is clearly superior to Hurts, and I'll take our good Oline and defense vs their great Oline and poor defense

I'm so confused. Didn't you already post this an hour ago?

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

How did we get into that cap bind.

Von Miller, Tre White, Diggs (last seven games) and Milano were all non-factors and high dollars last year.  The Bills also became by NFL standards an “old” team. It’s time for a roster refresh. 

To your nearly crusading point, KC has been better at it - though the Bills were very unlucky with injuries last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Insulting 3 members in one post while contributing nothing to the thread is quite impressive.  

I should have just used an eye roll emoji and ghosted like the pros

I bet you have more eye roll emojis than posts in the 6 years you’ve been here. 

7 hours ago, skibum said:

Literally ever single team in the NFL can say the same exact thing. You just can't grade a draft until the kids play ball. 

The OP wasn't saying they are great players, his point was he filled in many holes, if half turn out to be good, it's a good draft. 

Conversely adding a 2nd rookie WR would just hamper the development of both.  Rookies need more TLC, trying to split between two would more likely end up at the end of the year with not knowing what the team has in either.

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I agree…

Every post you make is anti the post you quoted. Never anything positive.  You’re here to take out your frustrations in life.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Every post you make is anti the post you quoted. Never anything positive.  You’re here to take out your frustrations in life.  

Says the biggest agitator on the message board who routinely insults members 😂 

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Says the biggest agitator on the message board who routinely insults members 😂 

lol….I’m the biggest agitator?  🤣 oh man.  You don’t like me because I’m anti doom and gloom.  You ARE doom and gloom, so I get it. Cool.  

i agree that 10ish years ago, I may have been top 10, but now I just get a little out of hand when I drink.  Luckily for the board, I don’t really drink unless I’m watching a bills game and don’t post very often during the games.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, uticaclub said:

So much better than drafting ominous players

We are in a 2 year re-tooling process because of how bad the 2022 off-season was

Blah, blah, blah same old same old!

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

lol….I’m the biggest agitator?  🤣 oh man.  You don’t like me because I’m anti doom and gloom.  You ARE doom and gloom, so I get it. Cool.  

i agree that 10ish years ago, I may have been top 10, but now I just get a little out of hand when I drink.  Luckily for the board, I don’t really drink unless I’m watching a bills game and don’t post very often during the games.  

Keep on challenging the fire everybody/doom and gloom crowd, I love it! I posted earlier these people are angry at life to a level that exceeds the game, they will never be happy. Right on New Era!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

We do have an elite QB, but he is only accounting for 8.5% of the teams cap.

And he accounted for less than 5% the past two seasons when we were also having cap struggles.

As an example of why this excuse holds no water, the Chiefs have an elite QB as well. And have won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls. Yet they still have over 20 million of cap space.

Another example: The Bengals also have an elite QB. And we’re in the Super Bowl 2 years ago. And have beaten us twice in a row, including one of those times in the playoffs. They have $23 million in cap space.

Calm down, Oppenheimer. Our Cap Hell now has less than a year left. Diggs cost a fortune both here and being traded. Von cost us 2 fortunes. Both contracts won’t impact us next year and I believe Beane has reconstructed the team well enough to be competing again for the Division.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Calm down, Oppenheimer. Our Cap Hell now has less than a year left. Diggs cost a fortune both here and being traded. Von cost us 2 fortunes. Both contracts won’t impact us next year and I believe Beane has reconstructed the team well enough to be competing again for the Division.

They can't calm down, they live for doom and gloom! TBD attracts drama queens like moths to a flame!

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Insulting 3 members in one post while contributing nothing to the thread is quite impressive.  

Come on chill out, too much drama and not enough reality!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Luckily for the board, I don’t really drink unless I’m watching a bills game and don’t post very often during the games.  

I came here to do two things - dunk on people and drink some beer. Looks like we're almost out of beer... :beer:  🤣

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1