Tank Dell shot by gunman in nightclub. Minor wounds.

Happened in Sanford....about 20 miles from where I live.

Local news said the shooter was a 16 year old kid, and the "event" that was taking place was billed as the "No one leaves sober" party......what a world we live in.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Special K said:

Local news said the shooter was a 16 year old kid, and the "event" that was taking place was billed as the "No one leaves sober" party......what a world we live in.

There's so much wrong with this

16 yr old with a gun

16 yr old at a nightclub 

No one leaves sober... so hop in your car a drive home drunk and possibly kill someone that way. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

There's so much wrong with this

16 yr old with a gun

16 yr old at a nightclub 

No one leaves sober... so hop in your car a drive home drunk and possibly kill someone that way. 

Not to mention the fact that the establishment was back open today for regular business hours as if nothing happened the previous night.......crazy stuff.

Edited by Special K
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Not to mention the fact that the establishment was back open today for regular business hours as if nothing happened the previous night.......crazy stuff.

Dang. It's like business as usual in America. Sad. We had a kid shoot a security officer in the head 20mins from me at a football game this year. I try and tell my kids not to live in fear, and I truly mean it, but it's just so hard to live my my own words

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Florida's such a crazy, weird, magical, moist place.

I've watched Florida go from a nice place to live to a hellscape of rejects from other states and other countries in the span of my lifetime....its gotten especially bad over the last 20 years. Add to that the fact that Global Warming has turned the state into a Hurricane magnet over the last 8 years, I don't know why anyone would want to move down here at this point.

We used to have a weather man down here when I was a kid who used to say on the air jokingly: "Welcome to Florida, now go back home!" I wish more people would have listened to him!😀

Edited by Special K

1 minute ago, Special K said:

I've watched Florida go from a nice place to live to a hellscape of rejects from other states and other countries in the span of my lifetime....its gotten especially bad over the last 20 years. Add to that the fact that Global Warming has turned the state into a Hurricane magnet over the last 8 years, I don't know why anyone would want to move down here at this point.

You can keep making things up so us northerners don’t retire down there. But we’re not listening 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, mrags said:

You can keep making things up so us northerners don’t retire down there. But we’re not listening 

Ah, you saw what I was trying to do there!!

But unfortunately, it's true.

Actually, it was better down here when it was mostly retired people!

Edited by Special K

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

As someone who planned to retire in The Keys, pythons in Key Largo and rising sea level have my attention.  

14 minutes ago, Special K said:

We used to have a weather man down here when I was a kid who used to say on the air jokingly: "Welcome to Florida, no go back home!" I wish more people would have listened to him!😀

Every time I've been to Florida I've loved it, to be completely honest. But I was in the panhandle area 3 of those times (military TDYs) and Disney World once. Never during hurricane season.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Every time I've been to Florida I've loved it, to be completely honest. But I was in the panhandle area 3 of those times (military TDYs) and Disney World once. Never during hurricane season.

From October 15 through May 15, we have the best weather you could ask to live in.

From May 15 through October 15, we have the worst weather you could ask to live in. Beware of the 3 H's: Heat, Humidity, and Hurricanes!!

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Same. Been to Florida a bunch in the past few years. Orlando 3x, Ft Lauderdale 2x, St Pete, Miami, up and down the coast from Daytona to Miami a few times. We’re already booked for a few days in Destin in sept/oct. been systematically checking out where we might want to retire. I’ve heard great things about the panhandle. And someone that loves the waters of the Caribbean, that might be the best we’re going to find that’s reasonably priced, and with the right amenities. 

56 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

As someone who planned to retire in The Keys, pythons in Key Largo and rising sea level have my attention.  

You can’t fool me 

58 minutes ago, Special K said:

Ah, you saw what I was trying to do there!!

But unfortunately, it's true.

Actually, it was better down here when it was mostly retired people!

I live in NY. I deal with the biggest idiots on the planet every day. Can’t scare me with idiots in Florida. 

after all, if I’m on the beach and in the water I don’t care. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Love visiting FL; have been to Orlando and/or PCB with the kids more times than I care to admit (who needs a 401(k) whilst making magical memories instead 🤔, amirite?!) but the bug sizes are a tad intimidating for a native northerner like me, even having lived in GA the last 20 years…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Special K said:

I'm glad our draft pick doesn't drink or smoke!! 

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I was done with the geckos!! 

3 hours ago, Special K said:

We used to have a weather man down here when I was a kid who used to say on the air jokingly: "Welcome to Florida, now go back home!" I wish more people would have listened to him!😀

Global warming?? What's that?!? 😎

6 hours ago, Special K said:

Fastest growing state over the last so many years. It must be horrible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1