Troy Franklin itch anyone...

Craig Oi

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hope he wins ROY

E Tu, Virgil?

Never have liked those "I hope (other team) or (other team player) has way more success than the team or players on team I'm supposedly a fan of"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

E Tu, Virgil?

Never have liked those "I hope (other team) or (other team player) has way more success than the team or players on team I'm supposedly a fan of"

Take it with a grain of salt.  He fell for a reason and I trust the GMs.  I just want my ego to feel better 😋

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm stunned that he's dropped to the 4th round. I remember early mocks where people were cheering the idea of Franklin dropping to us at 28.

Clearly something is warning teams off but I have no idea what 

1. routes hr can run

2. light body frame breaks warn hit

3. poor interviewing 

4. seemed to lack passion of playing in the NFL

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Take it with a grain of salt.  He fell for a reason and I trust the GMs.  I just want my ego to feel better 😋

I wanted him too.  We had him visit so much, I was sure he was our boy.

• Agree 1

These are the only guys who topped 21 mph more than once during 2023 season

Harrison Franklin and Worthy the only wrs on it

College Football’s Fastest Players: Most Appearances at 21.0+ mph

Trey Benson, RB, Florida State: 3 times
Dylan Edwards, RB, Colorado: 2 times
Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State: 2 times
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon: 2 times
Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas: 2 times

No other player has hit 21.0 mph or higher more than once in 2023.

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

These are the only guys who topped 21 mph more than once during 2023 season

Harrison Franklin and Worthy the only wrs on it

College Football’s Fastest Players: Most Appearances at 21.0+ mph

Trey Benson, RB, Florida State: 3 times
Dylan Edwards, RB, Colorado: 2 times
Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State: 2 times
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon: 2 times
Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas: 2 times

No other player has hit 21.0 mph or higher more than once in 2023.

Way too much is made of this though.  Very vast majority the greatest WRs in the NFL now and in history did not run sub 4.3 or less forty’s.  It’s not the prerequisite to be great many in this board think it is.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Craig Oi said:

Well I guess it's on to Devon Walker...

Welp. Close that door. Ravens are gonna be sick 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Way too much is made of this though.  Very vast majority the greatest WRs in the NFL now and in history did not run sub 4.3 or less forty’s.  It’s not the prerequisite to be great many in this board think it is.  

Well. In regards to history of the NFL. A sub 4.3 forty has only really been a thing for the last 10 years at the most. Evolution of speed in the game hasn’t caught up to sub 4.3 until recently. At least not on a mass scale. You had your 1-2 guys every now and then, but now it seems you have multiple every year that run in the 4.3s 

24 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

... and he goes to the team with the worst QB situation in football.  

Life comes at you fast.  

He goes to the team that drafted his college QB. To me that sounds like he instantly has a relationship and trust with his QB that he’s been catching TDs from for years. 

just sayin 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol not with Bo Nix throwing to him.

Wonder what teams had on him that slid him to the 4th round? Even headcase Jermain Burton went before him!

See above 

16 minutes ago, mrags said:

He goes to the team that drafted his college QB. To me that sounds like he instantly has a relationship and trust with his QB that he’s been catching TDs from for years. 

just sayin 

See above 

They can have all the chemistry in the world. Good for them. I'm sure their wedding ceremony will be beautiful.

Wont matter when Nix is sailing passes out of bounds, not seeing the open WR, and getting sacked because he missed the blitz.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They can have all the chemistry in the world. Good for them. I'm sure their wedding ceremony will be beautiful.

Wont matter when Nix is sailing passes out of bounds, not seeing the open WR, and getting sacked because he missed the blitz.

We will see I guess 

What bothers me the most about Franklin and Walker is that we met with them so many times post combine.  For Franklin, if the combine hurt him so bad, why did we keep meeting with him?  

Most of the players we met with are either gone or will be UFA's.  Just seems like we didn't get the guys we wanted, or just wasted those visits.  

Just now, mrags said:

We will see I guess 

Absolutely. Maybe Sean Payton proves what a QB guru he is. But I've watched Nix in college for the past 15 years, and was never impressed once. He got clowned a lot down here in SEC country. Had to run away to the PAC just to get any hype.

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What bothers me the most about Franklin and Walker is that we met with them so many times post combine.  For Franklin, if the combine hurt him so bad, why did we keep meeting with him?  

Most of the players we met with are either gone or will be UFA's.  Just seems like we didn't get the guys we wanted, or just wasted those visits.  

None of this makes any sense? We meet with Franklin & Walker multiple times only to get spooked for some mysterious theories? We pass on better wrs like Thomas & Leggette to settle for the "gauntlet champion"?  We needed 2 quality wrs in this receiver heavy draft and we totally dropped the ball.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Absolutely. Maybe Sean Payton proves what a QB guru he is. But I've watched Nix in college for the past 15 years, and was never impressed once. He got clowned a lot down here in SEC country. Had to run away to the PAC just to get any hype.

He was in college for 15 years? Is he as dumb as Derek Zoolander?