Pre-Draft Power Rankings from PFF plus where do you expect the Bills to be perceived after the draft

Chaos

3 hours ago, MDH said:

The Athletic did a similar exercise a week or so ago. They didn’t share the metrics they used but the Bills came in as the 4th best team in the league based on roster construction. I think that’s a tad high and it’s somewhere in between 4 and 10.

I tend to agree 

and think they could substantially fill major holes immediately instead of minor upgrades or long term projects.

4 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

I like the Bills being a bit underrated. They have middle of the pack draft capital so I think you’re spot on. They will likely remain about in that spot. Fine with me. Better than SB favorites! 

I’d rather be SB favorites because that means we have a better team. Its not like we have won any more or less being an underdog or favorite

12 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

For comparison, these were their rankings AFTER the draft last year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-chiefs-eagles-jets-2023-nfl-draft

Injuries will always play such a big part of any season

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Injuries will always play such a big part of any season

This is definitely true and the Bills luck has got gradually worse on that score the past 3 seasons. They need to hope they have better luck on the injury front this year, because they start a little thinner than in the past IMO.

I say underrated.

As much as I liked Diggs, he is the only major loss in the off-season, and I do not believe it is as major as many think. By the end of the season, the Bills were one of the top four teams in the league; the offense will be different and equal, if not better than after Brady took over.

I also think the Defense will be better (Milano back, Douglas a full season). But I concede: The one big question is what happens at Safety? If we get equal play there from the newbies, the entire Defense will be better.

10 is soft, 4 is a touch aggressive, but as mentioned luck and such will have a big impact.

what we do to add talent in the draft and pre/post draft will matter a lot.

ayiuk and guys like that being available can make a immediate and large impact on the team, a big trade up could also make a splash (way less certainty tho, of course).  If some stops get pulled out and we add some real talent (starters above replacement level) then we could nudge up some.

the reality is as banged up and goofy (HC calling DC plays, switching from a 2nd year oc to a rook oc in the middle of the season, aging roster and tons of injuries) as our season was last year, we were a play or two (16 and 14 dropping perfect deep dimes) away from beating kc who were the champs.  we have every chance to win the chip this year that we had the past two years.

• Like (+1) 1