TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - Completed!

Virgil

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 11th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select....... Byron Murphy II, Defensive Tackle, Texas. 

After Daniels was off the board at #3, there was no QB worth trading up for in our eyes. The defense, however, does need some work as well. We take whom we feel is the best DT in this draft. A guy who will slot in as a 5-Tech in base sets, and a 3-Tech when we go into our 4 man fronts. He gets after it on the interior, having had 6 sacks and generating 36 pressures this past season. He is also stout against the run. A true 3-down interior defender. Brian Flores rejoices. 

Side note: Been so busy at work today I missed my chance at trading up for Daniels, who was my guy. C'est last vie. 

@HappyDays and the Bears are on the clock.

You're the Vikings. Just be glad you made it to the podium.......in time. :beer:

• Haha (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Bears (Happy Days) are on the clock

With the 12th pick the Chicago Bears select Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA. Las Vegas @NewEra is on the clock.

It was down to Latu or Murphy for us at #9, so we are elated to come away with a 3rd and a 4th round pick, and still get one of our top choices.

Latu fits a clear need. Trading for Montez Sweat has turned out great but we have no one to write home about on the other side. The only concern with Latu is medicals but recent reports are that he has been cleared, so we are more than comfortable taking him here.

Latu has an extremely advanced repertoire of pass rush moves. He has a TJ Watt ceiling and is ready to start from day one. Our defense suddenly looks scary and we are ready to compete for the NFC North title.

• Like (+1) 7

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Raiders (NewEra) are on the clock

With the 13th pick, the Las Vegas Raiders select Michael Penix, QB, Washington.

draft the best QB available until you have your QB.  Minshew is a perfect bridge and could be valuable trade bait once QBs start going down. 

Would’ve liked to trade back a few and snag him but for the sake of everyone’s time, I’ll make the pick now.  

@qwksilver is on the clock

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 6

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Saints (qwksilver) are on the clock

With the 14th Pick in the 2024 Draft. The New Orleans Saints select, Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT Penn State.

We had the pick of the litter for OTs not named Alt. This is BPA meets biggest need. It is a deep OT class, but the slide back did not pan out. Speaking of not panning out, T Penning's days are now numbered. Edge and WR could have be in play had the draft not fallen the way it did here.

@BigdaddyinOrlando and the Colts are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

With the 14th Pick in the 2024 Draft. The New Orleans Saints select, Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT Penn State.

We had the pick of the litter for OTs not named Alt. This is BPA meets biggest need. It is a deep OT class, but the slide back did not pan out. Speaking of not panning out, T Penning's days are now numbered. Edge and WR could have be in play had the draft not fallen the way it did here.

@BigdaddyinOrlando and the Colts are now on the clock

That’s who I was going to take if we made our trade 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Colts (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock
7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That’s who I was going to take if we made our trade 

Clearly this is a deep OT and WR class which is why I was looking to slide. You still have a bunch of OTs on the board.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

With the 12th pick the Chicago Bears select Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA. Las Vegas @NewEra is on the clock.

It was down to Latu or Murphy for us at #9, so we are elated to come away with a 3rd and a 4th round pick, and still get one of our top choices.

Latu fits a clear need. Trading for Montez Sweat has turned out great but we have no one to write home about on the other side. The only concern with Latu is medicals but recent reports are that he has been cleared, so we are more than comfortable taking him here.

Latu has an extremely advanced repertoire of pass rush moves. He has a TJ Watt ceiling and is ready to start from day one. Our defense suddenly looks scary and we are ready to compete for the NFC North title.

Chicago does well in round 1!! They'd be thrilled with these selections AND the added draft capital. 

Bonus: Latu at almost a full 4 years older, should be a good mentor to Edmunds.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

With the 13th pick, the Las Vegas Raiders select Michael Penix, QB, Washington.

draft the best QB available until you have your QB.  Minshew is a perfect bridge and could be valuable trade bait once QBs start going down. 

Would’ve liked to trade back a few and snag him but for the sake of everyone’s time, I’ll make the pick now.  

@qwksilver is on the clock

Love this pick right here.  Get your guy. Finally, the Raiders have hope. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the 15th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Indianapolis Colts select Jared Verse edge Florida State. 
 Thought about receiver here but the depth at that position is good enough to get in round two and instead select a premier pass rusher. His non stop energy and play through the ball is something we sorely need and can’t pass on.

The Seattle Seahawks @EmotionallyUnstable are on the clock

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Seahawks (EmotionallyUnstable) are on the clock

With the 16th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select Taliese Fuaga, OT Oregon State. The Jaguars and  @LEBills are on the clock. 

From a purely value standpoint, I don’t love this here. We were hopeful Verse fell one more spot to us. Mike McDonald would have been thrilled to add a defensive piece that can play both end or OLB and be a versatile pass rusher. 

We did have offers to move back, but with a first year HC and needs in the trenches, we stood pat and bolstered the OL. Fuaga can come in and immediately contend at both guard and tackle. Again this feels a bit uninspiring here and a little early all things considered, however when you get a chance to take a big nasty hog who can play multiple spots on the OL for years to come we’ll go to bed happy Thursday night 

• Like (+1) 3

With the 17th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Wide Receiver AD Mitchell, WR, Texas.

The Jaguars get caught up in the AFC South arms race, hoping to make the Texans division title an aberration.

Back in March, Peterson stated “When you think of some of the young quarterbacks and teams are playing in more 11 personnel nowadays, and having three guys. It’s important that you have those guys. Our division, the AFC South, got better in a hurry just at the quarterback position. You look at some of the teams that we have to face in Tennessee and Indy, they all have pretty good receiver rooms. So, can never have enough.”

The surprise here is going with AD over BTJ or Worthy. Jacksonville wants a bigger bodied boundary receiver to go on the opposite side from Gabe Davis. With Gabe Davis’s….inconsistencies, the Jags want a more savvy route runner with consistent hands as a compliment. Mitchell is an excellent route runner for his frame and is able to be a threat in the deep and intermediate areas of the field. He also sports a low drop rate though playing with the human overthrow Quinn Ewers. BTJ, though talented, has had his fair share of drops (about 8% for his career) and route running is limited to vertical routes and stems off those verticals. AD is the more complete player right now for us.

The Jaguars have heard the recent concerns over type 1 diabetes and personality. However, we attribute that smoke to the time of the season. BTJ with his reported shoulder injury is not necessarily clean there either. 

Finally, on the Establish the run Podcast, Schefter was asked who he thought would go earlier than projected and the answer was….AD Mithchell.

The Bungles and @Kirby Jackson are now on the clock

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Bengals (Kirby Jackson) are on the clock

With the 18th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select JC Latham, OL, Alabama. LA Rams @MrEpsYtown is on the clock.

The Bengals targeted either an OL or Byron Murphy here. Once he was off the board, the Bengals shifted their focus to an elite offensive lineman. They are thrilled to get the guy that they have ranked as the draft’s top OL. He will start at OG as a rookie and transition to OT by year 2. He has all-pro upside at RT. We know the need to protect Joe Burrow and the value was too good to pass up.

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Rams (MrEpsYtown) are on the clock

***Trade Alert***

Bills Trade:

#28 - 660

#163 - 26.2

2025 2nd Rounder - 195 (Based off if the Vikings finish in the middle, as I've seen some presumptive mocks do for futures)

Rams offer:

#19 - 875

Bills 881 - Rams 875

The Buffalo Bills are on the clock - Poll coming in a moment

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
Posted (edited)

10 minutes after the trade and no one has crucified me yet, I'm impressed.  Even still, I want to explain the logic here.

For starters, let me just say that the Bills pick was never meant to be mine to make decisions with and I have never done anything like that in my history of running these.

With that being said, the purpose of these mocks (besides having fun), is to see how different scenarios might play out.  We've already had one mock where we stayed put, one where we trade back, so I thought it was fitting to see what a trade up looked like.  For the trade, we didn't give up more than our extra 4th and the 2nd we got from the Texans.  

Also, we've had tons of polls about trading up, and more than half the board was in favor of it.

Based on all those things, I made the call to trade up.  I believe it to be an accurate reflection of the pulse of the board and the spirit of these mocks.  If you have an issue, please submit a 26 page eMail to my customer service to gugny'sfineass@kickrocks.com

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The (TSW Poll) are on the clock
Posted (edited)

The Buffalo Bills select Brian Thomas, WR, LSU

***Trade Alert***

The Cardinals trade #27 and #71 to the Steelers for #20 and #119

The Cardinals @GunnerBill are on the clock

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Cardinals (GunnerBill) are on the clock

I am all for this move @Virgil. It seems like a small price to pay for getting a skill set we don’t have that could be a potential #1 with the floor as a downfield threat while maintaining our 2nd this year and our original picks next season. 

If BTJ doesn’t pan out, you can take another stab next season to find your true #1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

With the 20th pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft version 3.0, brought to you in association with @Virgil Sports and Media Enterprises, the Arizona Cardinals select:

Quinyon Mitchell, Cornerback, Toledo

I didn't necessarily plan to trade up here but watching the board as all those offensive tackles, quarterbacks, wide receivers and defensive linemen went it became very apparent to me that the value on the board was at corner - where it just so happens the Cardinals have a huge hole. They signed Sean Murphy-Bunting in free agency who is just about serviceable to play one side, but Starling Thomas V, a former UDFA out of UAB is the presumptive starter at the other spot. They need an upgrade. Mitchell is the top corner on my board and has the potential to develop into an elite corner in the NFL with his size, speed and competitiveness. Trading up 7 spots for him while swapping one of my three thirds for a fourth was a no-brainer. 

I think what is most interesting about this scenario is @Alphadawg7 did the Cardinals in v2.0, traded back at both picks and ended up with Odunze and Wiggins. I've stood pat at #4 and traded up and snagged Harrison and Mitchell. Both scenarios I think would make Arizona better immediately. Proof that there are multiple ways to play it and you have to let the way the board falls drive your decision making over and above getting fixated on players or positions. 

The aforementioned @Alphadawg7 and the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1