2023-24 NHL Playoffs

T&C

Posted (edited)

New York  taking it to the Carolina team tonite. Canes facing elimination. The score is 1-0 Rangers 4 minutes left in 2nd period. Clearly a lot of hockey to play. But the edge and flow belongs to the Rangers

Carolina playing away better Do or they gonna die in the tournament.

Film at 11

EDIT: The tides have turned! Canes 2-1  3rd period. 🙂

2 empty net goals at the end Canes win 4-1.  Oh My . series 3-2 Favor NY. Next game Thursday

Edited by muppy

the baaston bruins are leading 2-1 going into the 3rd period in florida.

Win or go home LOSERS 🙂

I'm rooting for the home team here. No real love for the Panthers but I did see sam Reinhart score. Atta boy ex Sabre.

Brad Marchand is probably my most hated pro athlete. He's gonna have some esplaining to do the next time he pulls one of his punk moves after his latest comments, which include:

"People don't want to say it, but part of playoffs is trying to hurt every player on the other team."

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/40158531/bruins-brad-marchand-injuring-opponents-part-playoffs

• Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Brad Marchand is probably my most hated pro athlete. He's gonna have some esplaining to do the next time he pulls one of his punk moves after his latest comments, which include:

"People don't want to say it, but part of playoffs is trying to hurt every player on the other team."

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/40158531/bruins-brad-marchand-injuring-opponents-part-playoffs

whoa. that is a punk statement to make. Just save time from labeling yourself an ******* and go straight for the punchline geesh

and regarding more positive things the Carolina team is coming back from down 3 games, winning 2 straight, then tonight leading 3-1 against the Rangers

That my friends is a Comeback holy cow! If they can pull it off an EPIC game in NY upcoming Game 7

Posted (edited)

ha well my guess that Carolina would prevail has come to naught. Rangers score 3 straight GEEZ

4-3 with a minute to go

empty net score 5-3 Rangers Win the series. The home crowd is devastated.

Edited by muppy
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

ha well my guess that Carolina would prevail has come to naught. Rangers score 3 straight GEEZ

4-3 with a minute to go

That's a shame and I don't even like Carolina.  

1 hour ago, muppy said:

4-3 with a minute to go

Kreider said no thanks to a game 7. Great series 

Florida Panthers send Boston home in the playoffs as Losers.

NHL hockey rules.

I'm not rooting for any special team just love the sport 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, muppy said:

Florida Panthers send Boston home in the playoffs as Losers.

NHL hockey rules.

I'm not rooting for any special team just love the sport 🙂

Having been bereft of a team to truly root for, I am left to the poor leavings of schadenfreude, gleefully contemplating the demise of the Leafs and Bruins. I will take that treat, even if bad for you as a steady diet. I cannot like the Rags, and there are ex-Sabres playing for the Panthers. I sort of like Vancouver, though when I think they are the team that came into the league with us, I have an impish and malign impulse to deny them ultimate victory, because somehow that sheds more light on the prolonged ineptitude of the team I love.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Having been bereft of a team to truly root for, I am left to the poor leavings of schadenfreude, gleefully contemplating the demise of the Leafs and Bruins. I will take that treat, even if bad for you as a steady diet. I cannot like the Rags, and there are ex-Sabres playing for the Panthers. I sort of like Vancouver, though when I think they are the team that came into the league with us, I have an impish and malign impulse to deny them ultimate victory, because somehow that sheds more light on the prolonged ineptitude of the team I love.

Im hooked Doc. This is my first NHL post season game watch in forever.  I am super newbie as far as knowledge of the specific Sabres players even on other teams. I hope the Sabres can build and maintain a new stable of guys who finally bring Buffalo a championship. Instant Buffalo legends

From my fingers to Sabres ears 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dallas scores in OT and it is called No Goal. 

2OT score tied 1-1 Stars vs Avalanche

I hated the call.

SMH  TNT commentators are mixed. I say Dallas got hosed.

16 hours ago, muppy said:

Dallas scores in OT and it is called No Goal. 

2OT score tied 1-1 Stars vs Avalanche

I hated the call.

SMH  TNT commentators are mixed. I say Dallas got hosed.

Yeah that was 100% a goal. I thought that was a bad call right away and the replay showed it was. I don’t know how they let it stand.

But to be honest, I also thought it would have been kind of funny if Dallas lost due to a bogus no-goal in overtime. Give them a little taste of what Buffalo fans felt in the ‘99 Stanley cup finals, losing on that “no goal” in triple overtime… 😂