2023-24 NHL Playoffs

T&C

8 hours ago, T&C said:

Looking forward to Saturday night's game in Boston, should be an all out brawl... that I hope the Leafs win. Send Marchand and company back to the house.

Rooting between the Leafs and B's is like rooting between Michael Myers and Jason. Both are evil and deserve to lose. Definitely want the Panthers to represent the EC in the SCF given all the teams still playing. The WC I don't care who makes it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Whatever happens is going to be funny.

It would also be great to see the Golden showers complete their choke.

I think the Panthers will beat whichever team comes out of this series.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2024 at 8:12 AM, Gregg said:

Rooting between the Leafs and B's is like rooting between Michael Myers and Jason. Both are evil and deserve to lose. Definitely want the Panthers to represent the EC in the SCF given all the teams still playing. The WC I don't care who makes it.

Get ready for a helluva 3rd period...

Not the NHL playoffs but notable. The Rochester Americans, the Sabres AHL club, down 3-0 in the 3rd period of an elimination game, scored 3 to tie, then won it in overtime to force the deciding game 5 in Rochester Friday.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Absolutely love seeing Toronto get eliminated because of their arrogant fans. They come to Buffalo and take the arena over because nobody in Buffalo wants to go see the Sabres play. They think they’re hot ***** like they conquered the Roman  Empire. Even as bad as the Sabres are we still give Toronto headaches. ***** them.

See you next season!

I really didn’t care who won the Toronto/Boston series. I dislike both teams. But if I was forced to pick I probably would have chose Boston to lose once it got to game 7, just because I wanted to see them set that record for the first team in any American pro sport to lose back to back game 7’s 2 yrs in a row after being up in the series 3 games to 1.

Before game 7 I was probably rooting more for Toronto to lose (and get swept in 5).

I do actually feel bad for some Toronto fans though (not the a-holes but every fan base has those, including Buffalo). They must feel an awful lot like Bills fans feel with Kansas City eliminating us seemingly every year, even when we had the advantage (like this past year).

On paper, the leafs should have crushed the bruins this year. The bruins top 2 centers retired. It was supposed to be a “reset” year for Boston and the leafs still couldn’t make it past them. It just feel like they are never going to get past Boston (kind of like how I feel about KC…lol 😢)

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 8:33 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Whatever happens is going to be funny.

It would also be great to see the Golden showers complete their choke.

House money.  Either the Leafs bounce in round one again or the Bs give up another 3-1 series lead in round 1.  And the ending was perfect.  Boston won unconvincingly priming them for a second round sweep.

Edited by Jauronimo

I'd bet all of Buffalo was rejoicing when Eichel missed a wide open net for the game tying goal.

What a horrible miss in such an important moment.

Side note:  VGK and my Orlando Magic both losing Game 7's on the same day.....not gonna lie, that stings quite a bit!  4 months until the Bills season....it can't get here fast enough!!