Will we be in Super Bowl contention this year?

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Again I say Kincaid could become a guy that gives DCs fits, but he's gotta become more than an intermediate receiver and show some big play ability.

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yes and score TDs.. must improve on that to be a serious threat. 

I think Kincaid will become an elite weapon. I think he’s a Pro Bowl TE this year.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You are pessimistic… they haven’t even been through the draft yet …

Again, I'm realistic. They are going into the draft with 5 massive holes, and I don't see a realistic scenario where they get more than 3 starting caliber players. There's no chance that they aren't starting someone who doesn't belong as a starter on even a terrible team, let alone one that says they hope to win. They'll never admit to it being a rebuild year, but it absolutely is.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When did I say that they don’t have “upside?” Please share that post. Otherwise, you’re making stuff up. They could be better than they have been but that is ALL speculation. 

Their floor is also REALLY low. What happens if Shakir can’t handle volume? What if Shorter never makes the team? What if Samuel is exactly the guy that I said? 

The Bills, today, have a bottom 3 WR room. I appreciate you listing some of the teams in their tier. I think, currently the Giants are slightly better and the Pats are with Bourne, Juju, Osborn and Douglas. Neither is good but both are better. These are also the teams adding MHJ/Nabers/Odunze who are all better than every single WR on all 4 of those teams. 

By omission.. the data on Shakir in the 2nd half of the season was remarkable. Targets to catch % was #1. I missed the Giants as well. It’s fine if you think they are the 3rd worst WR room. And I’m not making anything up. The Bills will complete 390 passes to a wide variety of players. Some of whom will have the opportunity to make big plays in critical games when it counts. At that point it will be clear if the Bills sent Diggs packing one year too soon or not. 

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

No, I don’t feel we will be as good this year as in previous years…

But I don’t necessarily don’t think that’s a bad thing…We are in a mini rebuild, despite what the organization might say…And I feel this is a 2 year rebuild …👍

Bad time to be rebuilding when Pegs has got a lot of PSLs to sell

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

By omission.. the data on Shakir in the 2nd half of the season was remarkable. Targets to catch % was #1. I missed the Giants as well. It’s fine if you think they are the 3rd worst WR room. And I’m not making anything up. The Bills will complete 390 passes to a wide variety of players. Some of whom will have the opportunity to make big plays in critical games when it counts. At that point it will be clear if the Bills sent Diggs packing one year too soon or not. 

It was just such limited volume (like 38 targets) that I want to see more. He was awesome. I hope that’s the guy that he is with a lot more volume and attention. 

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Again, I'm realistic. They are going into the draft with 5 massive holes, and I don't see a realistic scenario where they get more than 3 starting caliber players. There's no chance that they aren't starting someone who doesn't belong as a starter on even a terrible team, let alone one that says they hope to win. They'll never admit to it being a rebuild year, but it absolutely is.

Holes ..like replacing the corpses of Hyde and Poyer  last year …? Safety is the least of my worries …

But look… if they aren’t walking away with 2 good WR prospects this time  next week ,,,I’ll be the first to agree with you …  

But I just can’t see that they have walked away from Diggs with no plan to replace him and Davis immediately…. Pegula wouldn’t have agreed to it otherwise ..he has got PSLs to sell, and a crap team wont help that ..

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It was just such limited volume (like 38 targets) that I want to see more. He was awesome. I hope that’s the guy that he is with a lot more volume and attention. 

Fair enough.. should be interesting how BB builds this over the next few months. Quick pan to Thursday night and BB trades back to take an OL or DT with pick 35 on Friday. We will all lose our … if that happens. 

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Fair enough.. should be interesting how BB builds this over the next few months. Quick pan to Thursday night and BB trades back to take an OL or DT with pick 35 on Friday. We will all lose our … if that happens. 

Lol, I’ll eventually talk myself into that being a good idea but it’s a disaster. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think that when you have Allen at QB then yes, you are a contender.

KC has done more with less at WR, and there is no reason why the Bills can survive and thrive without Diggs.

We just need to get the work done this offseason, adding young talent, and a few cap casualty cast-offs.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Sure, a team with Josh Allen in his prime, a coach going into his eighth year with the team, and a veteran roster is "rebuilding"...yeah, OK 

43 minutes ago, Trev said:

McD is still our coach. No we’re not in contention and we won’t be until he is replaced. 

So, who would you suggest to replace McDermott?   Mike McDaniel whose Fins were great at beating the crap out of bottom feeders (Broncos, Jests, Commanders, etc) but managed a single win against teams with winning records?   Maybe Bill Belichick? 

Edited by SoTier

We all expect a playoff birth. 

The Bills have an impressive regular season and win 12+ games but are playoff fakers and even lose ANOTHER home playoff game.

or

The Bills figure it out late (again) and go into the playoffs playing well, win a game and compete in another (again), which would be a surprise and give some hope for the following season.

Which scenario would you prefer?

9 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

We all expect a playoff birth. 

The Bills have an impressive regular season and win 12+ games but are playoff fakers and even lose ANOTHER home playoff game.

or

The Bills figure it out late (again) and go into the playoffs playing well, win a game and compete in another (again), which would be a surprise and give some hope for the following season.

Which scenario would you prefer?

I'd prefer the Bills to have some luck in the playoffs, especially in regard to coin flips and injuries.

24 minutes ago, Yantha said:

KC has done more with less at WR, and there is no reason why the Bills can survive and thrive without Diggs.

We just need to get the work done this offseason, adding young talent, and a few cap casualty cast-offs.

Agree on Allen 

But KC is not the template. They have a HoF offensive HC considered one of the best to ever do it and a HoF TE considered one of the best to ever do it. They've never not had at least one surefire HOF offensive weapon. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Reid >>>>> Brady/McDermott 

23 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Going to be a lot of disappointed Bills fans this year I see 

Vegas got them as 4th favourites … you got an opportunity make some real money this year 

Edited by Aussie Joe