NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports Broncos WR Courtland Sutton did not report for voluntary OTAs

28 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He can come here and earn a new deal…

in the meantime play out the final two years on the old deal 

2nd? No way …

4th would get it done 

Who are the game changing 2nd rounders we’ve trotted out there. Any Sutton’s in the bunch. These teams without quality QBs need receiving. You have to give to get. The Redskins in the 70s with George Allen used all their draft choices to get quality vets. They got to  SBs and  were in the NFC championships with zero draft contributions.

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sure. I don't mean rebuild in a bad way. The Chiefs won two Super Bowls in a row during their rebuild. I just mean fill the pipeline with young talent and don't spend a lot of cap space on older players.

That's my preference, but it implicitly should stipulate two WRs early in the draft. If Beane is only getting one and a day 3 lottery ticket, he needs to add a veteran.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Who are the game changing 2nd rounders we’ve trotted out there. Any Sutton’s in the bunch. These teams without quality QBs need receiving. You have to give to get. The Redskins in the 70s with George Allen used all their draft choices to get quality vets. They got to  SBs and  were in the NFC championships with zero draft contributions.

2nd? I’m proposing to spend no more than a 4th which should get it done ..

Normally Beane spends his 4ths moving up 2 spots when he gets anxious waiting for his turn 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Normally Beane spends his 4ths moving up 2 spots when he gets anxious waiting for his turn 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

When was the last time in 40 years that the Bills got a quality player for a 3rd or a 4th rd draft choice. It’s a pipe dream. The only reason the Texans got Diggs for a 2nd was because we couldn’t look at him anymore no less pay him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

When was the last time in 40 years that the Bills got a quality player for a 3rd or a 4th rd draft choice. It’s a pipe dream. The only reason the Texans got Diggs for a 2nd was because we couldn’t look at him anymore no less pay him.

Hey ..: if they can’t get him for a fourth - don’t do it 

If he wants more money - don’t do it

But the  Broncos might want to realise that they are trying to trade an above average, not great 28 yr old WR on the eve of one of the deepest WR drafts of all

time..

6 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Sutton is nowhere near Gabe in comparison. Watch any Denver game. He can’t help that he has incompetent QB play. Dude makes big play after big play when he’s thrown the ball. And the biggest difference is he can actually catch the ball unlike our boy Gabe 

This is why I like Keon Coleman. Same type receiver, yet with a cheaper price tag

They (the Bills )are gonna have to use 2025  picks to get the job done this year....and I hope they do,

Ladd and Legette ...or Latu and .....Beane has to get ballsy.

• Disagree 1

Sutton is 29.  Stefon Diggs is 30 and we all saw the dropoff in production last year.  Bringing in mid-range WRs at the end of their productive careers for a lot of money is not how to keep the Bills moving ahead.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Sutton is 29.  Stefon Diggs is 30 and we all saw the dropoff in production last year.  Bringing in mid-range WRs at the end of their productive careers for a lot of money is not how to keep the Bills moving ahead.

$13m John …. Is that a lot in 2024?

Gabe Davis just signed for that 

8 hours ago, NoSaint said:

but a pairing of Sutton plus a second tier rookie could be a viable bridge across the next 2-3 years with a 4 deep group

depending entirely on Suttons price 

Sutton has been ok.  I have seen him drop several balls. Why does everyone always blame the QB?  Denver’s roster in general has been meh.  Their defense has been better than their offense.  

We have our veterans in Samuel and Shakir.  

what is Sutton’s contract value anyways?

What’s wrong w a roster of young WR’s?  We have a great veteran QB to show them the way.  Look at GB at the end of last season.  And they had Jordan Love. 

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I've been leading the train in advocating for a WR trade in recent years, but this offseason I am focused on the rebuild. No more old vets. Just draft two young WRs with physical traits and start fresh with the second chapter of Allen's career.

I think Chapter 1 ended when the Bills could not figure out how to build a juggernaut with Allen on a rookie contract. Chapter 2 was shorter, but that ended with the crash and burn of Tre White, Von Miller and Stephon Diggs, the three non-Allen cornerstones of chapter 2.  We are starting chapter 3, with only Allen as a bonafide star on the roster (Milano is an unknown).  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Sutton is a younger Diggs at this point. He’s a solid # 2 and in our offense could be better with Josh. If Beane could pull him in for a 2nd next year it would be massive.

He’s not remotely the same kind of WR as Diggs. He’s a better Gabe Davis. 

26 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

He’s not remotely the same kind of WR as Diggs. He’s a better Gabe Davis. 

Diggs is  a possession receiver now, that looked tentative in the playoffs and couldn’t make a tough catch in the biggest spot of our season. He’s a diva and malcontent and has 3 years of mileage more than Sutton. He lacked the fire in the 2nd half of the season that has defined his Bills career. At less than half of what Diggs cap hit is, he’d be a solid addition.

27 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Diggs is  a possession receiver now, that looked tentative in the playoffs and couldn’t make a tough catch in the biggest spot of our season. He’s a diva and malcontent and has 3 years of mileage more than Sutton. He lacked the fire in the 2nd half of the season that has defined his Bills career. At less than half of what Diggs cap hit is, he’d be a solid addition.

Sutton could help the Bills for sure. The Bills can’t fit him under the cap so that’s moot. He is a vertical player like Davis, not a guy who can uncover quickly like Diggs. They are totally different types of WRs so, no, Sutton isn’t a “younger Diggs”. 

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Sutton could help the Bills for sure. The Bills can’t fit him under the cap so that’s moot. He is a vertical player like Davis, not a guy who can uncover quickly like Diggs. They are totally different types of WRs so, no, Sutton isn’t a “younger Diggs”. 

I prefer to think of him as a “better Davis”…. I could see some upside in his game  the next two years playing with JA …

edit…. I see you just said the same thing in the post before 😂👍

Edited by Aussie Joe

8 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Diggs is not the same guy he was and the drama coupled with his monster contract made him expendable. Sutton could be shoehorned into the cap with some Beane slight of hand magic if they really wanted him, but you’re probably right with the idea of getting younger at the lead receiver position.

9 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Diggs is not the same guy he was and the drama coupled with his monster contract made him expendable. Sutton could be shoehorned into the cap with some Beane sleight of hand magic if they really wanted him, but you’re probably right with the idea of getting younger at the lead receiver position.

Same guy or not, they are different kinds of WRs. Curtis Samuel is much more like Diggs so a guy like Sutton would actually fit nicely in the Davis role. 

As far as the financials, yes, there are some very aggressive things they could do to fit a player like Sutton, but they’ve obviously decided against that. They would have been more aggressive on the restructures they already did if they wanted to go that route.

23 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I prefer to think of him as a “better Davis”…. I could see some upside in his game  the next two years playing with JA …

edit…. I see you just said the same thing in the post before 😂👍

Agreed. Sutton is a much better version of Davis and I’d also like to see him with a top QB. The best he’s had is Wilson throwing him yolo deep balls. He could be so much better here with Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1