Trade Targets for Bills (WR)

22 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

I get diggs was a good player - but I dont know why everyone is so worried about this.  A couple moves and our WR corps could easily be:

WR1: Troy Franklin (or substitute in your favorite at ~pick 18 to 28)

WR2: Tyler Boyd

WR2: Curtis Samuel

WR4: Kalil Shakir

WR5: Justin Shorter (I think people are sleeping on him - but he needs to prove it)

TE1: Dalton Kincaid

TE2: Dawson Knox

That...seems...more than okay - and ENTIRELY possible once Tre comes off the books officially.  In may not look exactly like that (and it probably won't) - but thats the level which we can pretty easily get to.  

My bigger concern is that we now HAVE to focus on offense.  We have some glaring holes on the defensive side.  I think the real impact will be felt on defense where we have to start someone like Rapp because the resources have flown to the offensive side of the ball.

I like Franklin....but if we get him, he better be accompanied by BTJ, Legette or AD Mitchell 

That group of receivers above will be MAN HANDLED in the playoffs.   

10 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I just feel like if there was a year to try and get a possible Jamarr Chase type player that we usually don't have the chance to get, this is the year

There are so many excellent wide receivers in this draft that even at 28, the Bills could potentially get a top WR.   In 2014 when the Bills traded up to get Sammy Watkins at #3, the Bucs got Mike Evans at #7 and the Giants got Odell at #12, and the Packers got Davante Adams at #53.  In 2013, the Texans got D-Hop at #27,  the Bills got Bobby Woods at #41 and the Chargers got Keenan Allen at #76.

I would give some trade capital to move up a few slots from 28 but I wouldn't give up the 2025 first for a WR.  Maybe I'd add in one of the 2025 seconds and some Day 3 picks, too, to move up to 16-20.

On 4/7/2024 at 2:42 PM, RunninRebel37 said:

Now that Diggs is in Houston, WR is an especially big hole on this team. I'm personally in favor of utilizing the draft to shore this position up. Trading up for an elite guy (the most unrealistic option) such as Nabers, would be my ideal option, but even moving up a few picks into the early 20's for a Brian Thomas Jr. or AD Mitchell would work. 

However - would anyone be interested in the Bills trading for an established player and allowing the draft to fall to them? If so, what WR's do you think would be possible, productive, and available?

My vote would be Davante Adams. Per Spotrac he has a cap hit of just under 17 mil and an out in his contract after this season (voidable years I believe) that would help with the comp pick formula. Adams doesn't want to go through a rebuild with the Raiders (I'm in Vegas and this is a known "rumor") and wants to finally win. championship. Thoughts on this or any other WRs?

I love Devante but he's getting close to the age where a decline is coming. I say we build our own Wr core threw obviously what we already have on the roster and the draft . If I'm Beane I'm double dipping with our first and a move up from the late 4th to early 4th . I would love a Leggette and Malik Washington combo from the draft that would be a absolute homerun!  Not only do u get fresh young legs to develop but also cost control as well. 

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

There are so many excellent wide receivers in this draft that even at 28, the Bills could potentially get a top WR.   In 2014 when the Bills traded up to get Sammy Watkins at #3, the Bucs got Mike Evans at #7 and the Giants got Odell at #12, and the Packers got Davante Adams at #53.  In 2013, the Texans got D-Hop at #27,  the Bills got Bobby Woods at #41 and the Chargers got Keenan Allen at #76.

I would give some trade capital to move up a few slots from 28 but I wouldn't give up the 2025 first for a WR.  Maybe I'd add in one of the 2025 seconds and some Day 3 picks, too, to move up to 16-20.

The problem is that between Beckham and Adams, you had Brandon Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Marqise Lee, Jordan Mathews, and Paul Richardson. Outside of the top guys, you really never know and even there will be busts. 

• Disagree 1

I think Beane can get a couple of really good WR's in this draft and maybe not have to move at all . I think for what ever reason that Leggett is going to be a special WR in this league given his size & speed the dude is a beast & has a lot of upside .

He didn't transfer when he easily could have when buried on the team 2 years ago which shows he's a team guy he's went through some hardships in his life and came out stronger on the other side .

I just feel this guy has Bills DNA written all over him ! He;s a bit bigger both height & weight wise can break tackles because of his size & has the speed to get separation and then to get YAC yards and have heard he has a higher up side than others . So he's my draft man crush this year if they got him & ADM it would be a great draft !! 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, T master said:

I think Beane can get a couple of really good WR's in this draft and maybe not have to move at all . I think for what ever reason that Leggett is going to be a special WR in this league given his size & speed the dude is a beast & has a lot of upside .

He didn't transfer when he easily could have when buried on the team 2 years ago which shows he's a team guy he's went through some hardships in his life and came out stronger on the other side .

I just feel this guy has Bills DNA written all over him ! He;s a bit bigger both height & weight wise can break tackles because of his size & has the speed to get separation and then to get YAC yards and have heard he has a higher up side than others . So he's my draft man crush this year if they got him & ADM it would be a great draft !! 

Reminds me a little of another former South Carolina WR…..

Sterling Sharpe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Jefferson, Aj Brown, Dk Metcalf, Devonte Adams all went around or after Buffalos pick.  Wrs are situation depended.  Buffalo will be one of the greatest situation a rookie wr will enter.  Paying a kings ransom for a Wr isnt ideal imo.  Use the extra 2nd next year?  Sure, but outside of that im not digging too deep.  I think worst case they will have a solid wr at 28 one that would be graded higher than any of the wrs drafted in rd 1 last season. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

The problem is that between Beckham and Adams, you had Brandon Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Marqise Lee, Jordan Mathews, and Paul Richardson. Outside of the top guys, you really never know and even there will be busts. 

Sammy Watkins wasn't a particularly great WR, but he was the first WR off the board at #3.   Justin Jefferson went at #22 and Brian Aiyuk at #25 in 2020 while Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, and Jalen Reagor were all taken before them.    In  2015, Kevin White was taken at #7 between Amari Cooper and DeVante Parker.  Justin Blackmon was picked #5 in 2012.  He played just 20 games. 

IOW, no draft pick comes with a guarantee, including those drafted at the very top of the draft