Happy St Pattys Day 2024

muppy

it is a bittersweet day because this fine gent is not here to celebrate it any more. RIP Jimbob. Best friend and badass downhill skiier, Bills fans, all of that. Such a great guy. 

he was the MC of St Pattys day . #CANCERSUCKS

jimbob.jpg

• Like (+1) 4

There is nothing you can do on St. Patrick's day that you can't do on the other 364 days of the year... it's a nothing "holiday" with people doing what they usually do but... they do have paper green hats, so I'll give them that. The retail market loves it for sure....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

not an Irish tune but boy Is it ever all shades of GREEN. Love this clip. and the lyric too, fooking Great lyric. CHEERS

Happy St Pattys Day

A little bit, a little bit of love
Goes a pretty long way
Take a look at where you started from
And where you are today
You climbed mountains
Swam oceans
You got knocked down
And kept goin'
In the end you know you got to say
A little bit of love goes a pretty long way

All your wounds are healing fine
I'm so glad I got you in my life
Now the winter frost is gone
Now is our chance to live the life we want

Goes a pretty long way
Everybody, everybody's lost
And that's okay
Some show it, some hide it
But there's a battle
We're all fighting
So if you're looking for the words to say

Holding onto the rabbit's feet
Walking down the sunny side of the street
Shadows creeping at your back
You can forget 'em like an amnesiac

Goes a pretty long way
Love is really like a wonder drug
Let's medicate
And say goodbye
To the drama
It's a beeline
To Nirvana
If you're looking for the words to say

Hey, ho
Hey, ho
Hey, ho
Hey, ho

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, T&C said:

There is nothing you can do on St. Patrick's day that you can't do on the other 364 days of the year... it's a nothing "holiday" with people doing what they usually do but... they do have paper green hats, so I'll give them that. The retail market loves it for sure....

I have to disagree, to some extent. St Patricks Day is the only day of the year you get to listen to live bands along the River in Savannah while wading thru streets flowing with vomit and urine from the porta-potties that had been overflowing since noon. The sweet smell of celebration! You can’t get that every day! 

….unless you live in New Orlean.    😂

• Haha (+1) 5

7 hours ago, T&C said:

St.GertrudeOfNivelles_Cats.thumb.jpg.a562a7a5f75918b2bd02e483d0bbcfdc.jpg

46 minutes ago, Augie said:

I have to disagree, to some extent. St Patricks Day is the only day of the year you get to listen to live bands along the River in Savannah while wading thru streets flowing with vomit and urine from the porta-potties that had been overflowing since noon. The sweet smell of celebration! You can’t get that every day! 

….unless you live in New Orlean.    😂

False.

I work with one of the world's largest toilet systems. When someone takes a drink in New Orleans, it has already passed through 3 people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, T&C said:

There is nothing you can do on St. Patrick's day that you can't do on the other 364 days of the year... it's a nothing "holiday" with people doing what they usually do but... they do have paper green hats, so I'll give them that. The retail market loves it for sure

Ya,

Any other day of the year millions gather to watch parades and celebrate Irish culture. Just last month there were 500 bagpipers in Niagara Square on a normal Thursday for no reason at all. 

Was your goal to insult Irish Americans? 

Yom Kippur is just another day to me, but I just enjoy my normal day instead of telling Jewish people their holiday is meaningless. 

The fact that you went out of your way to post your ignorance on someone's thread celebrating St Patrick's Day and commemorating a dear friend who was lost in the past year says a lot. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, muppy said:

🙂  me Lady in spot #3 wearing her Sunday best St Pattys day hat. How minty green is she! lol

charms.jpg

drive.jpg

hat.jpg

I saw that you are in San Diego.

I lived in OB '82 '83. There was a bunch of folk who relocated from South Buffalo out there.  I sang with the David Bradley Band at Jose Murphy's Irish Pub on Garnett in Pacific Beach a few times.  He was inducted into SD Hall of Fame.

More recently (last 25 years) a very good friend, who passed a few years ago, owned the OB Juice Bar on Newport around the corner from Winston's. Wife and I would take the mini motor home on a trip down the west coast from Oregon for a couple weeks every other year or so. 

Good times!  I miss my buddy Rick.

I hope you have a great day celebrating St Patricks and sharing stories of your friend.🍀

P.S. Love the hat

Edited by Turk71
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

Lord have mercy I'm reading in here and tearing up. Jimbob passed 2 years ago but today was HIS day amongst our friends group circa Elba NY. Small circle but Tight friends. He married my college roommate. He was My BF before she was his LOL it all  turned out perfectly just backstory

Did you ever know a guy named Chris Saunders? He was here within your time frame. Sports writer amongst other things. again RIP to fooking cancer. ANYWAY it can be a very small world. I met Chris through the Very earliest inception of the BBMB. San Diego is a great town we will be here the duration Lord willing.

In San Diego they celebrate this day BIG and if you've ever been a part of it you would never disparage the festivities.  It is also indeed the culture and dancing  and green revelry its just FUN. The fun police can go pound sand 🙂

Gracias everyone. Have a frosty chilled GREEN beverage and have a blessed day. 🍀

@Turk71

the hat? G O R G E O U S . I would buy it if I could. I wonder if it would look good on me. She looks amazing in it

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, muppy said:

Lord have mercy I'm reading in here and tearing up. Jimbob passed 2 years ago but today was HIS day amongst our friends group circa Elba NY. Small circle but Tight friends. He married my college roommate. He was My BF before she was his LOL it all  turned out perfectly just backstory

Did you ever know a guy named Chris Saunders? He was here within your time frame. Sports writer amongst other things. again RIP to fooking cancer. ANYWAY it can be a very small world. I met Chris through the Very earliest inception of the BBMB. San Diego is a great town we will be here the duration Lord willing.

In San Diego they celebrate this day BIG and if you've ever been a part of it you would never disparage the festivities.  It is also indeed the culture and dancing  and green revelry its just FUN. The fun police can go pound sand 🙂

Gracias everyone. Have a frosty chilled GREEN beverage and have a blessed day. 🍀

@Turk71

oh and I DIE for the hat. I would buy it if I could. I wonder if it would look good on me. She looks amazing in it

You’d look better. You’re a Bills fan so it’s not even close.    😋

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, muppy said:

@Turk71

oh and I DIE for the hat. I would buy it if I could. I wonder if it would look good on me. She looks amazing in it

I didn't know Chris but I did celebrate a St Patricks Day in SD '83. I had a great time, big celebration. I remember telling stories to a group of stockbrokers my friend worked with. I had them rolling in laughter. At the end, they offered me free training, a paid exam, and a couple of new suits if I would join their firm. I graciously declined and continued my adventures. My buddy from South Buff  is a Vice President of the company now and lives on Coronado.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2

Just had a friend send me some old photos from St. Paddy's Day like 12 years ago.  I don't get out and about too often these days, just at an age where I'm past all that but it damn sure is nice to look back on the memories!  Hope everybody who celebrated today created some fun memories or for those that didn't really get to do anything today hope you have some fond memories of St. Patrick's Days from years past to look back on.  Cheers 🍻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/17/2024 at 1:41 AM, T&C said:

There's a great bacteria fest clelebration that goes down here in Rochester, ya dig?

Edited by Fr. Jerk