Are you better off today than you were four years ago?

19 hours ago, BillStime said:

So, there's statistically driven causality that validates the theory that voting for democrats imparts immunity to COVID and can extend your life?  Voting for Trump causes people to die.  Got it. 

Can you tell us how many people died from the drugs coming in from Biden's open border policies since 2020?  In 2023 I saw a number of 111,355.  I assume that means Biden killed over 111k Americans in 2023.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/steve-rattner-fact-checks-trump-s-favorite-attack-lines-against-biden-206504517649

Steve Rattner on how the actual numbers refute some of those key Trump talking points:

- U.S. energy production is at an all time high. There is no war on drilling for oil

- Trump says he'll make the U.S. energy independent. We are already a net exporter, which is kind of the definition of energy independence

- Trump says he is a born again deficit hawk. Well maybe, but Trump the President was a deficit dove the likes of which we'd never seen before.

- Trump says crime is at an all-time high. Violent crime isn't. Property crime also shows a drop from peak 2020-21 (although here I will say that my experience is a lot of property crime goes unreported, so I'm not sold on that one)

- Growth rates? Not in this clip, but U.S. growth under Biden far exceeds that of our economic competitors. It is objectively strong, and comparatively even stronger.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Never mind your lying eyes.

MSNBC says everything is AMAZING.

This is a Steve Rattner presentation.

Rattner knows what he's talking about. He was a former Treasury top official, and when not in the government he manages Mike Bloomberg's money. And Mike Bloomberg's money has been well-managed to say the least.

Let me ask you, @Tommy Callahan ... are you better off than you were 4 years ago?

If not, why not?

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is a Steve Rattner presentation.

Rattner knows what he's talking about. He was a former Treasury top official, and when not in the government he manages Mike Bloomberg's money. And Mike Bloomberg's money has been well-managed to say the least.

Let me ask you, @Tommy Callahan ... are you better off than you were 4 years ago?

If not, why not?

Yes, I myself am doing better, most are not.  

Still remember yesterday when you threw the homophobic slur at me.

30 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Still remember yesterday when you threw the homophobic slur at me.

It's called a joke. Don't you go all woke on me.

The fact that you thought it was a slur says more about your attitudes than mine ...

And yes, you are better off today. I am, so (I would imagine) are the vast majority of this little club.

That's what people mean when they say the numbers don't make sense right now. The majority of Americans say they personally are better off, but that the economy in general is bad.

My guess: this will even out. Will it come in time to save Biden? Who knows.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's called a joke. Don't you go all woke on me.

The fact that you thought it was a slur says more about your attitudes than mine ...

And yes, you are better off today. I am, so (I would imagine) are the vast majority of this little club.

That's what people mean when they say the numbers don't make sense right now. The majority of Americans say they personally are better off, but that the economy in general is bad.

My guess: this will even out. Will it come in time to save Biden? Who knows.

With the multiple government handout's you get, or without?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Irv said:

With the multiple government handout's you get, or without?  

Not sure what "handouts" those would be.

Certainly not student loan forgiveness, which I never had. I finally paid off my student loans a few years ago. At the age of 54 ...

• Eyeroll 1

Not sure what "handouts" those would be.

Certainly not student loan forgiveness, which I never had. I finally paid off my student loans a few years ago. At the age of 54 ...

Wow - you're my age, went to college, and you still think like you do?  I pegged you for an 18-year-old high school student.   My mistake.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Nope.  It’s not even up for discussion.  

The government and its media lackeys are full blown fascist thugs.  

Culture and the pillars that made up the greatest civilization to ever exist are under assault.   Collapsing.  Maybe already gone.  

No.  No one is better off.  

Unless you’re a DEI hire or illegal.  

• Angry 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

He's got my vote.🙄

Hah.

I've always been kind of a centrist on the whole COVID response thing. It's fair to say that Biden (and a lot of governors) kept distancing/masking/remote schooling/whatever rules in place far too long.

But it's also fair to say that Trump's initial response to COVID was comically bad, ending in the perfect comeuppance: he gets COVID himself and has to be airlifted to Bethesda.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's fair to say that Biden (and a lot of governors) kept distancing/masking/remote schooling/whatever rules in place far too long.

What do you think the reasoning was behind this?

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hah.

I've always been kind of a centrist on the whole COVID response thing. It's fair to say that Biden (and a lot of governors) kept distancing/masking/remote schooling/whatever rules in place far too long.

But it's also fair to say that Trump's initial response to COVID was comically bad, ending in the perfect comeuppance: he gets COVID himself and has to be airlifted to Bethesda.

I remember Trump being called racist for wanting to ban travel from China, remember that? No one knew what the implications would be from this man made virus in the beginning and throughout it's span. We were fed lies from everyone, even the ones we thought we could trust.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I remember Trump being called racist for wanting to ban travel from China, remember that? No one knew what the implications would be from this man made virus in the beginning and throughout it's span. We were fed lies from everyone, even the ones we thought we could trust.

I'm not denying that re: travel from China.

All I'm saying is that Trump's overall score for his pre-election handling of the pandemic: D

And the only reason he doesn't fail is Operation Warp Speed, which he seems uncomfortable about touting.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm not denying that re: travel from China.

All I'm saying is that Trump's overall score for his pre-election handling of the pandemic: D

And the only reason he doesn't fail is Operation Warp Speed, which he seems uncomfortable about touting.

Maybe he suspected that the vaccine was a huge problem?

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hah.

Joke got Wuhan virus twice despite "following the science," but he was vaccinated and there were treatments.  Unlike when Trump got it.

As for the comically bad initial response, what makes you think Hilly's would have been any different?  I'd figure it would be the same as Joke's and several waves of variants came in under him.  The difference (again) being vaccines and treatments available that weren't under Trump.

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well maybe the response would've been just as bad. Who knows.

But not as comically bad. That was a Trump Special.

It would have been just as bad.  Possibly even worse. 

On 3/21/2024 at 5:43 PM, BillStime said:

Are you better off?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Bill was CC’d by the Democrats to get the latest ridiculous talking points.  

Posting it here like CCP sheep that told us to do what the CCP says and where masks and stay 6 feet apart because science.  

Hahahahahaha what freaking losers.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Worse off now…my dollars don’t go as far, and my government has decided to put foreigners before American citizens, for potential future votes…👎

I find this hard to believe that people are actually worse off? Personally I am way better and I have a family of 6 too but stuff for. I don’t base my life off the cost of groceries! I don’t base my life off of people crossing a border! My kids are doing great, they are healthy. My wife is healthy and happy! We have everything we need. Are people really this ***** shallow? Never mind it’s obvious that they are. People aren’t happy unless they are bitching about something. 

if your life is in the toilet because you spend $25 more per week on groceries you have a lot more problems than spending $25 more per week on groceries. Don’t let these dumb ass politicians tell you you are worse off today, even if you don’t like Biden and vote Republican, I don’t care. Enough of the stupidity! Did you sleep on the street last night? Did you go to bed hungry? No, then stop crying and help someone who might have!!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I find this hard to believe that people are actually worse off? Personally I am way better and I have a family of 6 too but stuff for. I don’t base my life off the cost of groceries! I don’t base my life off of people crossing a border! My kids are doing great, they are healthy. My wife is healthy and happy! We have everything we need. Are people really this ***** shallow? Never mind it’s obvious that they are. People aren’t happy unless they are bitching about something. 

if your life is in the toilet because you spend $25 more per week on groceries you have a lot more problems than spending $25 more per week on groceries. Don’t let these dumb ass politicians tell you you are worse off today, even if you don’t like Biden and vote Republican, I don’t care. Enough of the stupidity! Did you sleep on the street last night? Did you go to bed hungry? No, then stop crying and help someone who might have!!

I am happy if you are so well off that you don’t notice the effects of inflation the passed 3 years- or that the effects of massive illegal immigration is causing on inflation- paid for by our tax dollars…

You saying people are only spending $25 more on groceries, shows that you may not have a full grasp of how much prices have gone up…

People today, are literally paying DOUBLE, for groceries, as well as other consumer goods, than what they paid under Trump…And for lower and working class Americans, that means EVERYTHING!

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I am happy if you are so well off that you don’t notice the effects of inflation the passed 3 years- or that the effects of massive illegal immigration is causing on inflation- paid for by our tax dollars…

You saying people are only spending $25 more on groceries, shows that you may not have a full grasp of how much prices have gone up…

People today, are literally paying DOUBLE, for groceries, as well as other consumer goods, than what they paid under Trump…And for lower and working class Americans, that means EVERYTHING!

I call BS. I do our shopping. It has not doubled . They have gone up no doubt and it suck’s. I’m sure your wages have gone up to help. My brother likes to cry about prices. He calls me one day to tell me he just got a job for $32 an hour plus ot and benefits on top of it. Nice raise for him. Every day since or everyone I talk to him all he does is B word about prices, no mention of how good he has it working in this country or the fact that they have way too much money in their savings account.

Prices going up sucks. but get sick or suffer a serious injury. Have a major health issue or death in your family. Then come talk to me about being “worse off”. 

Edited by 4th&long

And I’m not well off. I haven’t gone on vacation in 15 years. I just don’t base weather I’m better off than 4 years ago based on some idiot politician of what makes one better off. 

6 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Prices going up sucks. but get stock out suffer a serious injury. Have a major health issue or death in your family.

I'm not sure what this sentence is trying to convey, but that's another issue.

Retirees, or people on fixed income might have a different view re inflation of the past couple years.

I don't blame any politician for all of it, but they all share in the blame for crazy fiscal policy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I'm not sure what this sentence is trying to convey, but that's another issue.

Retirees, or people on fixed income might have a different view re inflation of the past couple years.

I don't blame any politician for all of it, but they all share in the blame for crazy fiscal policy.

Can you imagine what will happen to these individuals if Republicans regain control and cut programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and ObamaCare, which assist people with fixed incomes?