100 Most Obese U.S. Cities

Is this like looking for a Waldo, who can also anchor as a NT or 1T? 

At a quick glance it appears to be regional, but I think it’s actually a lot more socio-economic when you keep reading. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

At a quick glance it appears to be regional, but I think it’s actually a lot more socio-economic when you keep reading. 

Seattle at the bottom of the list makes sense. Everyone's running into work or running to their cars to get out of the rain. 

25 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Seattle at the bottom of the list makes sense. Everyone's running into work or running to their cars to get out of the rain. 

My wife asked a lovely guide why we saw virtually no overweight people in Paris last spring. She said “look around, what are we doing? What is everyone doing? We are walking or biking everywhere.” 

Seattle and areas with more educational and financial success seem to do better in general. 

My bottom line -  Pizza, wings and Beef On Weck can’t be all that bad for you!    😋

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

So, Buffalo isn’t in the top 100 most obese American cities, this is good.  Because of all of the great food out there that is unexpected.  Does this mean that WNY’ers are kind of healthy?

3 hours ago, f0neguy said:

So, Buffalo isn’t in the top 100 most obese American cities, this is good.  Because of all of the great food out there that is unexpected.  Does this mean that WNY’ers are kind of healthy?

We shovel too much snow 7 months of the year!

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/15/2024 at 2:08 PM, f0neguy said:

They reviewed 100 metro areas and evidently Buffalo was not one of them. Of the 100, Seattle was the lowest, McLaren TX was the highest. We don't know where Buffalo fits in.

(No pun intended)

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Turk71 said:

They reviewed 100 metro areas and evidently Buffalo was not one of them. Of the 100, Seattle was the lowest, McLaren TX was the highest. We don't know where Buffalo fits in.

(No pun intended)

Which is good thing! Buffalo didn't make list! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2024 at 4:21 PM, Augie said:

Agree... But NOT to turn it political too. 🙄 

Just saying... Detroit comes in first @  #34.

On 3/14/2024 at 5:21 PM, Augie said:

Did you notice there isn't a Korean town anywhere on that list?  We keep fit boi.

I have been to Denver once and it was eye popping how very little amount of fat people I saw.  I'm used to walking around Atlanta and you have more defensive tackles than slot WR's if you know what I mean.

• Like (+1) 1