Dane Jackson to Panthers

Our secodary is worrying the crap outta me. Only guys I really have confidence in is Benford and TJ. There still questions about Elam and I know Rasul Douglas had a good year but now comes expectations. He’s been in the league a while and he’ll be 30 when the season starts. Taylor Rapp didn’t really see that many snaps and now we’re expecting him to start at Safety? Still have to find a replacement for Hyde. 

No more Tre White, Poyer, and Hyde that’s a lot of experience and leadership leaving that group. That can’t be overlooked 

Edited by BillMafia716ix
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Comp Pick Secured.  Up to three now

Still might get two cancelled from Marrow and Hollins

Jackson just barely meets the threshold for a 6th rounder, I also highly doubt Morrow and Hollins will qualify so I think it’s pretty likely we’re at 3

4,5, and 6 but maybe 7 

13 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Jackson just barely meets the threshold for a 6th rounder, I also highly doubt Morrow and Hollins will qualify so I think it’s pretty likely we’re at 3

4,5, and 6 but maybe 7 

They have to come in under 1.79M that is the threshold to not qualify.  so we wait.

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They have to come in under 1.79M that is the threshold to not qualify.  so we wait.

Over the cap which is very accurate is classifying guys at 2.6 as not qualifying this year. They are usually like 95% accurate on their stuff every year. I see what was posted on twitter about 1.79 though so I see what your seeing 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Over the cap which is very accurate is classifying guys at 2.6 as not qualifying this year. They are usually like 95% accurate on their stuff every year. I see what was posted on twitter about 1.79 though so I see what your seeing 

The NFL says anyone over 1.79M are qualifying contracts.  I will stick with the NFL on the matter of their proprietary formula

3 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

According to OTC charts, the threshold is around $2.5M APY.  

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-formula

See Above

20 hours ago, Draconator said:

Dane is a quality corner. He has certainly had a good cast around him and that helps. But he has had long stretches where he is absolutely lights out and top end QBR, passer rating, yards, TD's etc when targeted. Like real life CB1 numbers. He has also struggled a bit here and there. $7M AAV is reasonable. I am way higher on Dane than I ever was on Wallace. 

We have done well with CB depth as of late. Losing Dane will hurt with how many DB's McD likes on the field. 

• Agree 1

Good for Dane, good for us.

The guy was a good soldier. Never complained and every time he got on the field he did his job and played hard.

I certainly didn't have him factoring into the comp equation but it seems like it might offset Dodson who's market is quieter than expected. 

I'll take a 7th rd pick like that any day.