Russ signs 1yr $1.2M deal with Pittsburgh

Process

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

So ....? Why are you replying to me? 

This doesn't have any direct logical link to what I said in my post. I think it's all reasonably on target as far as teams and needs. A few are arguable, but overall OK. But how does this all relate to what I said?

Most of those teams need a QB. Doesn't mean they'd want Wilson.

Yes, a lot of teams might have been in the Wilson market. After the draft and FA most of them would have committed to someone. Certainly no guarantee that a better opportunity than Pittsburgh would be out there. Probably most, maybe all would at least have looked at him. Plenty of them might have decided not to take him for the reasons I suggested.

You said every team. And that's wrong. I'm not at all sure how many would have been willing to commit.

And the team would have made many to most of their offseason personnel moves without knowing Wilson would be on the roster and therefore might easily have made moves that would hurt them in terms of having greatly reduced cap room and no draft picks left to make after knowing Wilson will be on board. Pittsburgh can make all their moves now knowing he's their QB and do a much better job of fitting a team around him.

I probably replied to the wrong thread.  but hey lets write a big angry post about it.  Would you like me to delete it?  

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

You don't mean as a starter, to replace Kurt Cousins, do you? 

As a backup?

Kirk Cousins as in Mr. Regular Season who wants 55 million versus a two time Conference champion at 1.5 million who, were it not for the worst play call in NFL history would have two rings?

Yes Russel Wilson as a starter 

On 3/11/2024 at 1:44 PM, stuvian said:

Kirk Cousins as in Mr. Regular Season who wants 55 million versus a two time Conference champion at 1.5 million who, were it not for the worst play call in NFL history would have two rings?

Yes Russel Wilson as a starter 

Umm, yikes....

So, you think Russel is a starting caliber quarterback still--and a good one at that?

The day of the original trade I said almost immediately it was the worst trade in the history of the NFL by far, giving up a king's ransom for a qb who was likely to be cut or traded for almost nothing before the season started.

That is now confirmed. The Broncos think he is so bad they would rather eat about FORTY million dollars then even keep him on their team.  Says so much about his value, doesn't it?

But he could make a good backup for a team as long as the starter does not miss more than 1-2 games.

He is done as a starter.

On 3/11/2024 at 1:47 PM, frostbitmic said:

Tomlin will finally find out what it's like to have a losing record... I have a feeling the Steelers will regret this.

Maybe it work out for them since having wins so many years have hurt ability to draft as well.  Next year may be year they draft their next long term QB.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:46 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

jeez. Imagine your employer wanting to get rid of you so bad they set you up for life

Us little guys who don't throw footballs get told how sad they are to let us go and they wish the best for us. 

On 3/11/2024 at 12:47 PM, frostbitmic said:

Tomlin will finally find out what it's like to have a losing record... I have a feeling the Steelers will regret this.

I don’t think he’s great but better than mason Rudolph or Pickett

18 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

This contract makes Russ only the 87th most highly-paid Cook in America.

This would have been pretty funny except in 6 pages, none of you thought to quote the immortal phrase, “Let Russ cook.”

I can always depend on you guys.

😊

3 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

This would have been pretty funny except in 6 pages, none of you thought to quote the immortal phrase, “Let Russ cook.”

I can always depend on you guys.

😊

Russ is sub-standard, over dressed and overdone but some like mush.