Mecole Hardman Whistleblower on KC Tampering!

*Hardman candidly admitted that, by that point, "I was so checked out, like, it was over with. I had already talked to (KC GM Brett) Veach and Pat (Mahomes), like, ‘Come get me.’" Two weeks later, he was traded back to KC.”

If this took place without the permission of the Jets:  Hardman spoke directly to KC GM. Should be a tampering violation. 

WHERE IS THE FLAG FOR HOLDING REF?!?!

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

My favorite part:

"Hardman said he refused to return punts vs KC because he felt STC Brant Boyer had misled him about the punt-returning job in camp, and that he didn't have enough time to prepare when asked on the night of the KC game to step in for Xavier Gipson, who had tweaked an ankle a few days earlier. Hardman said he was dealing with his own injury (hyperextended pinky) that made it tough to catch. He said Saleh tried to convince him to do it, but Hardman said he told him, "I'm not catching for that man (Boyer)."

The Jets are so poorly run. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

yea and the clown was rewarded with the SB game winning catch.  Sums up our society right now rather nicely

Facts don't care about feelings👍

4 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Something tells me the Bills aren’t full of choir boys. And Hardman’s not a criminal. 

Go make me a cinnabon, Saul

• Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The tampering is one thing .. but that attitude is ridiculous..

The Jets are a garbage organization - and that’s a reflection of their owner. I don’t blame a player for sticking up for themselves if they are getting lied to and treated like crap. Good for him. I’ll remind everyone that the Jets used an old MRI to convince a player that he was healthy enough to play and would not further injure himself if he did. The more recent MRI showed that he was far more injured and that playing would put him at risk of further injury. Seriously, F the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Jets are a garbage organization - and that’s a reflection of their owner. I don’t blame a player for sticking up for themselves if they are getting lied to and treated like crap. Good for him. I’ll remind everyone that the Jets used an old MRI to convince a player that he was healthy enough to play and would not further injure himself if he did. The more recent MRI showed that he was far more injured and that playing would put him at risk of further injury. Seriously, F the Jets. 

Not heard the  MRI story ….and who it involves…   But Saleh should have got rid of Hardman immediately if he doesnt want to help the team out by filling in for an injured teammate… i think Saleh is a terrible head coach …and seems to have very little respect from the players …

Edited by Aussie Joe

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ve got no idea MRI story….and who it involves…   But Saleh should have got rid of Hardman immediately if he doesnt want to help the team out by filling in for an injured teammate… i think Saleh is a terrible head coach …and seems to have very little respect from the players …

Osemele story

That’s exactly what Hardman wanted - and what the Jets did. 

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Osemele story

That’s exactly what Hardman wanted - and what the Jets did. 

Nothing would surprise me about Gase..

Hardman was permitted to hang around the joint another two weeks ..even though he was self admittedly “checked out “…

They ended up trading him for a bag of footballs … should have cut him on the spot instead 

58 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The tampering is one thing .. but that attitude is ridiculous..

I don't know, I mean yeah it is, but at the same time would you do what is arguably the riskiest thing in the sport for someone you don't trust?

Also, I know they get paid millions of dollars, but at the same time, their contracts aren't guarenteed and even if they were, these are still independent contractors arguably getting exploited by corporations (yes the players make millions, the owners make billions).

I see it as him looking out for himself.

Like, I think Beane, McD and the Pegullas are quite possibly at the top of the entire league, or close to it, in terms of being honest and genuinely caring about their players. Look at what is likely about to happen to Tre White, and remember he definitely signed what at the time seemed like a team friendly deal...now, you could say it was a super smart move for Tre, because he ended up getting a good chunk of guarenteed money as early as he could, but he could have made a lot more if he had waited a bit to sign.

I'm not sure he took a team friendly deal as much as he looked to get generational money guarenteed as early as possible, even if the total amount wasn't as high as he could have gotten had he played an extra season...regardless if it was a wise choice or not, he is probably about to get released in a few months.

I don't know if that makes Hardman have a bad attitude, I'm sure the vast majority of players in the league feel the same way...he probably has an honesty problem...but in a lot of ways, that makes him a great teammate and asset to an organization...Diggs is similar...yes men and women and group think is very bad in business and sports, even if it bothers management...management in a lot of cases are over promoted idea thieves...it's why everyone hating on McD is so annoying...he's actually building something by brining together ideas and synergizing them...he's not a Saleh or the dude in Atlanta just doing things you're supposed to do without actually understanding the purpose...he should get slack while he figures it out imo, but my Adderall has worn out and that's how we got this lovely gem of a post!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.