NFL combine participants

Prospector

Ah, the “measurable’s” Olympics and hype factory will be in full off season production…, 

I'm just glad that the 2023 season is over, so that we can all watch big and fast men run and jump in their underwear, and can resume passionately advocating for and against drafting players we've only seen a two minute YouTube highlight clip of.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952vek9d7y6z2upqat99pq

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Ah, the “measurable’s” Olympics and hype factory will be in full off season production…, 

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised to see the combine completed done away with in the coming years, or altered drastically maybe with the top 100 projected players not attending or something. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan, is a player I would love to see the Bills draft.

I don’t know much about him but a few things I read is that he’s more of a Nickle DB. Idk. Maybe I read wrong. Either way, if that’s true I’m a hard pass. We have TJ

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

His teammate Cornelius Johnson, WR has caught my eye as a possible 5th or later round pick. 

Johnson is not spectacular, but he gets the job done. Good height and hands. 

I just wonder if we already have him on the roster with Shorter.

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm just glad that the 2023 season is over, so that we can all watch big and fast men run and jump in their underwear, and can resume passionately advocating for and against drafting players we've only seen a two minute YouTube highlight clip of.

I go the extra distance and watch some 8 minute highlight videos also

• Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

You're forgetting the impact of the music for each, as well.

No joke, if I am a top prospect I put my clips out with Weird Al, Joe Diffie, or polka.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, julian said:

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised to see the combine completed done away with in the coming years, or altered drastically maybe with the top 100 projected players not attending or something. 

A lot of the value for teams is from medical checks and interviews- valuable to teams even if some don’t do the drills.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

A lot of the value for teams is from medical checks and interviews- valuable to teams even if some don’t do the drills.

Yeah for sure, the interviews are definitely valuable.

4 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah for sure, the interviews are definitely valuable.

To some extent but with some of the sh-t they ask these guys, I’d hardly call that reason for a valuable assessment. 

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

To some extent but with some of the sh-t they ask these guys, I’d hardly call that reason for a valuable assessment. 

I’m going to want to interview someone before I hire them.. that seems reasonable.

16 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan, is a player I would love to see the Bills draft.

I think a lot of teams know how good of a football player this dude is. He may not be a first rounder, but I bet he goes on day two.

15 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Johnson is not spectacular, but he gets the job done. Good height and hands. 

I just wonder if we already have him on the roster with Shorter.

The Office Thats GIF

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, julian said:

I’m going to want to interview someone before I hire them.. that seems reasonable.

I won’t disagree that any interview process has some benefits, it does, just that some of the stuff has absolutely no value that they ask. Every year there’s plenty of prospects stating that some teams ask some weird and way too inappropriate questions. 

Method to their madness, must be. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I don’t know much about him but a few things I read is that he’s more of a Nickle DB. Idk. Maybe I read wrong. Either way, if that’s true I’m a hard pass. We have TJ

I don’t think that’s true. He switched over from wide receiver to cornerback and you can stick him outside or inside and he’s going to make plays. He’s just a really smart really good football player and I would love him on the bills as well. Even though it’s not a need. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.