Allen needs to mentally overpower Mahomes

1 minute ago, SaulGoodman said:

Playoff Chiefs, and Mahomes in particular, are a different animal than the regular season Chiefs. The Patriots were the same way. They'd have a mediocre regular season or stretches of bad play, and then flip the switch in the postseason and take another trophy. Mahomes is on a different level of focus when it gets real. I remember when the Alex Smith Chiefs blew out two really good Patriots teams in the regular season. Like, annihilated them. But guess who was hoisting the trophy in the end while the Chiefs were one and done?

If a KC fan were to view the 13 seconds game as a product of poor defense, would you feel slighted? Doesn't seem like any of you will give credit to a team that's had one of the most successful stretches in NFL history, particularly offensively. And you could certainly make the case that defense was mostly responsible for that, as if you take away just the one instance of the DB falling down on 4th and forever, it's probably a comfortable win for KC. 

And what no one ever mentions is that KC's defense hasn't been stellar in the regular season OR playoffs until this year. 37 pts allowed in the loss to NE in '18. The next year they allowed an average of 25 ppg and 31 vs the Texans. Including a 24-0 hole early in the game. Gave up 31 vs Tampa in the SB. 36 to the Bills in 21. 27 to Cincy the next week. 35 vs Philly in the SB. 

Kind of laughed at the bolded.  There are so many posts on this board that are borderline worshipful of KC.  KC gets too much praise on here, imo.  Even a KC-hater like me gives them credit for what they have accomplished, and praises Mahomes frequently.  He's one of my favorite QB's to watch, though after his meltdown in the regular I lost some respect for him.

And I'd reiterate: this actually is a BILLS board.  There is an astounding amount of KC talk and praise just considering that alone.  You want more?  I wouldn't expect to go to a KC board & see overflowing praise for the Bills or Allen.  In fact, after our exchange, I went over to the Planet just to see if it had changed, and saw many more posts calling Allen & the Bills chokers and saying they weren't a real threat in the AFC.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Success said:

And it has been, as you said, particularly bad against the Chiefs.

KC made the #1 defense in Superbowl 54 looked bad. They shredded to Eagles #1 defense in last year’s Superbowl. Then this Superbowl, with a lackluster offense, they again scored on one of the top defenses. I’m starting to think it really doesn’t matter how good a team’s defense is when they play Mahomes and the Chiefs in the playoffs. They’re going to score. So it’s up to the offense to out score them. Can’t rely on defensive stops. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

KC made the #1 defense in Superbowl 54 looked bad. They shredded to Eagles #1 defense in last year’s Superbowl. Then this Superbowl, with a lackluster offense, they again scored on one of the top defenses. I’m starting to think it really doesn’t matter how good a team’s defense is when they play Mahomes and the Chiefs in the playoffs. They’re going to score. So it’s up to the offense to out score them. Can’t rely on defensive stops. 

Probably true. But we almost managed to do that.

Our D didn't do as well against them as the Ravens, or Niners.  Both teams got more stops than we did. We dominated TOP in our game w/ KC - all we needed was 1-2 more defensive stops.  I mean, that drive they had coming out of the half was hot knife through butter.  We didn't give them any resistance compared to other teams.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Our D didn't do as well against them as the Ravens, or Niners.  Both teams got more stops than we did. We dominated TOP in our game w/ KC - all we needed was 1-2 more defensive stops.  I mean, that drive they had coming out of the half was hot knife through butter.  We didn't give them any resistance compared to other teams.

For sure. The TOP was huge. Playing keep away and methodically working down the field was brilliant. Hopefully Brady uses this strategy next year against them. A few plays going Bills way like you said and hopefully different outcome. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Success said:

Kind of laughed at the bolded.  There are so many posts on this board that are borderline worshipful of KC.  KC gets too much praise on here, imo.  Even a KC-hater like me gives them credit for what they have accomplished, and praises Mahomes frequently.  He's one of my favorite QB's to watch, though after his meltdown in the regular I lost some respect for him.

And I'd reiterate: this actually is a BILLS board.  There is an astounding amount of KC talk and praise just considering that alone.  You want more?  I wouldn't expect to go to a KC board & see overflowing praise for the Bills or Allen.  In fact, after our exchange, I went over to the Planet just to see if it had changed, and saw many more posts calling Allen & the Bills chokers and saying they weren't a real threat in the AFC.

Yeah, there's definitely a contingent here who give KC plenty of credit. I was referring to the other side. 

I don't consider it praise to just give a little credit to the opponent. I think the Chiefs' defense was terrible in the 13 seconds game, but I can acknowledge that Allen and the Bills had quite a bit to do with it. Same with the 35 allowed to the Eagles last year, etc. 

2 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Yeah, there's definitely a contingent here who give KC plenty of credit. I was referring to the other side. 

I don't consider it praise to just give a little credit to the opponent. I think the Chiefs' defense was terrible in the 13 seconds game, but I can acknowledge that Allen and the Bills had quite a bit to do with it. Same with the 35 allowed to the Eagles last year, etc. 

It's not what I look for going to opposing teams' boards.  I don't expect it at all, and rarely see it.  

I don't really get it.  KC won the Super Bowl a week ago.  That ain't enough?

I've been genuinely surprised by the posts from KC fans here over the past week.  Enjoy the win.   Fans here are still grappling w/ playoff frustration and an underachieving team that so far has squandered some good years of Allen's prime.  Maybe the days right after another KC SB win aren't going to be the best to find hype for your team or even proper "credit."

2 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Playoff Chiefs, and Mahomes in particular, are a different animal than the regular season Chiefs. The Patriots were the same way. They'd have a mediocre regular season or stretches of bad play, and then flip the switch in the postseason and take another trophy. Mahomes is on a different level of focus when it gets real. I remember when the Alex Smith Chiefs blew out two really good Patriots teams in the regular season. Like, annihilated them. But guess who was hoisting the trophy in the end while the Chiefs were one and done?

If a KC fan were to view the 13 seconds game as a product of poor defense, would you feel slighted? Doesn't seem like any of you will give credit to a team that's had one of the most successful stretches in NFL history, particularly offensively. And you could certainly make the case that defense was mostly responsible for that, as if you take away just the one instance of the DB falling down on 4th and forever, it's probably a comfortable win for KC. 

And what no one ever mentions is that KC's defense hasn't been stellar in the regular season OR playoffs until this year. 37 pts allowed in the loss to NE in '18. The next year they allowed an average of 25 ppg and 31 vs the Texans. Including a 24-0 hole early in the game. Gave up 31 vs Tampa in the SB. 36 to the Bills in 21. 27 to Cincy the next week. 35 vs Philly in the SB. 

24 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

No, you’re just an extremely sensitive and over dramatic KC fan that reeks of insecurity.  Removing you from ignore for a moment didn’t disappoint.

“it doesn’t seem like any of you” doesn’t = “refer to the other side”.  No you were not.  You were all emotional and typing while seeing red. ✌️ again

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Now you’re just making stuff up.  New England played mediocre during the regular season and “turning it up” post season?  Pal, you came to the wrong forum to peddle that.  We watched twenty years of NE pound, not only us, but the whole AFC East during the regular season.  Pounded pretty much everyone in the league during the regular season.  Maybe they had an off game against KC once but they absolutely did not coast during the regular season.  I figured someone would make the pitch that Mahomes “turned it up a notch” in the playoffs.  Like game against Ravens (17 points) or regulation against the 49ers (one TD in regulation on a short field)?  

Look, Mahomes is great.  Certainly one of the all time greats. No one is disputing that.  The point I’m trying to make is that the Bills defense in the playoffs against KC and the Bengals has been very, very bad.  Mahomes and Burrow didn’t have to play Superman in any of those games to come out winners.  Proof?  Look no further than 13 seconds.  Possibly the worst coaching job in the history of the NFL (not exaggerating).  First play was a dump off to Hill that literally every QB in the league would have completed.   Next play was a seam pass to a wide open Kelce. Nothing extraordinary.  Contrast that with Bengals second half D in AFC title game that they won. Brilliant strategy brilliantly executed.  Not sure why any of this is up for argument.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Success said:

The Chiefs have scored 31+ points in 9 of their 18 playoff games with Mahomes. They average 29.2 points per game and 6.3 yards per play. Only the Bucs and Ravens kept them to less than 20 points—and if we're being honest, the Chiefs could have had more vs Baltimore if it was absolutely necessary. These stats are despite KC playing five games in freezing temps, five with a compromised Mahomes (left early with foot injury vs Browns '20 and didn't return, played hurt vs Bills in '20 AFC title game; left early with high ankle vs Jags '22 Divisional but came back, played hurt vs Cincy '22 AFC title, reinjured ankle vs Philly Super Bowl) and despite them blowing out six opponents where they lost incentive to keep scoring. 

To be clear, the Bills defense has definitely come up short vs KC in the playoffs. There's no doubt about that. But they're hardly alone. 

2 minutes ago, beebe said:

The Chiefs have scored 31+ points in 9 of their 18 playoff games with Mahomes. They average 29.2 points per game and 6.3 yards per play. Only the Bucs and Ravens kept them to less than 20 points—and if we're being honest, the Chiefs could have had more vs Baltimore if it was absolutely necessary. These stats are despite KC playing five games in freezing temps, five with a compromised Mahomes (left early with foot injury vs Browns '20 and didn't return, played hurt vs Bills in '20 AFC title game; left early with high ankle vs Jags '22 Divisional but came back, played hurt vs Cincy '22 AFC title, reinjured ankle vs Philly Super Bowl) and despite them blowing out six opponents where they lost incentive to keep scoring. 

To be clear, the Bills defense has definitely come up short vs KC in the playoffs. There's no doubt about that. But they're hardly alone. 

I get the point you're trying to make.  But it's very noticeable how many excuses you make for Mahomes & the Chiefs, while largely dismissing disadvantages the Bills have had to deal with.

I mean, "freezing temps"?

It hadn't really occurred to me - and it gets lost with the greatness of the finish - but if the Bills didn't convert the 4th-and-13 with 1:54 left in the '21 divisional game, what became the best playoff game in NFL history would have likely finished:

Chiefs 26, Bills 21

KC: 359 yards on 6.2 ypp

BUF: 347 yards on 6 ypp

Mahomes would have finished 23-for-31 for 188 yards and one TD. 

Instead, he finished 33-of-44 for 378 yards and 3 TDs entirely inside the 2 min warning and OT. 

Edited by beebe

6 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Now you’re just making stuff up.  New England played mediocre during the regular season and “turning it up” post season?  Pal, you came to the wrong forum to peddle that.  We watched twenty years of NE pound, not only us, but the whole AFC East during the regular season.  Pounded pretty much everyone in the league during the regular season.  Maybe they had an off game against KC once but they absolutely did not coast during the regular season.  I figured someone would make the pitch that Mahomes “turned it up a notch” in the playoffs.  Like game against Ravens (17 points) or regulation against the 49ers (one TD in regulation on a short field)?  

First of all, mediocre is relative. And I added "stretches"...not necessarily entire seasons of mediocre play. Sometimes they would stumble out of the gate for a month or so. In 2014, NE started 2-2 with two double digit losses, including a 41-14 loss in Arrowhead in which Alex Smith's Chiefs made them look like the worst team in the league. They went on to win the SB. In 2018, they lost to several mediocre teams, including three blowouts. Went on to win the SB. 

6 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Look, Mahomes is great.  Certainly one of the all time greats. No one is disputing that.  The point I’m trying to make is that the Bills defense in the playoffs against KC and the Bengals has been very, very bad.  Mahomes and Burrow didn’t have to play Superman in any of those games to come out winners.  Proof?  Look no further than 13 seconds.  Possibly the worst coaching job in the history of the NFL (not exaggerating).  First play was a dump off to Hill that literally every QB in the league would have completed.   Next play was a seam pass to a wide open Kelce. Nothing extraordinary.  Contrast that with Bengals second half D in AFC title game that they won. Brilliant strategy brilliantly executed.  Not sure why any of this is up for argument.

What? Mahomes' defense allowed 36 points in that game. I'll agree that there was nothing special about the throws at the end of regulation, except for the fact that there was a hell of a lot of pressure not to screw up with 13 seconds left in your season. And the fact that Mahomes is a perfect 7 of 7 in those situations in the playoffs. I'd say that's kinda special. 

Let's talk about some of Allen's throws. Was there anything special about throwing to a WIDE open Gabe Davis multiple times as DBs were falling down or blowing coverages? There's a pretty blatant double standard here. When Allen throws to a guy with no DB within a mile, he's Superman. When Mahomes does it, it's nothing. 

Mahomes had to be almost perfect in that game to get the win. Completed 75% of his passes, 447 total yds, 4 TDs, averaged 10 yards per run, punted once against the #1 rated defense. The Bills punted 4 times vs a mediocre defense, and people act like Allen had to be perfect while Mahomes had a huge margin for error.

You guys say that Mahomes' defense always steps up in the playoffs while Allen's does the opposite, and yet....36 points to the Bills, 35 points to the Eagles, 37 to NE, 31 to Tampa, 31 to Houston, 27 to Cincy, and others in the mid 20s. If Mahomes' defense actually did consistently step up in the postseason, he may have never lost a postseason game. And imagine KC's regular season records if the defenses didn't stink it up so often throughout the year. 

Edited by SaulGoodman

33 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

First of all, mediocre is relative. And I added "stretches"...not necessarily entire seasons of mediocre play. Sometimes they would stumble out of the gate for a month or so. In 2014, NE started 2-2 with two double digit losses, including a 41-14 loss in Arrowhead in which Alex Smith's Chiefs made them look like the worst team in the league. They went on to win the SB. In 2018, they lost to several mediocre teams, including three blowouts. Went on to win the SB. 

What? Mahomes' defense allowed 36 points in that game. I'll agree that there was nothing special about the throws at the end of regulation, except for the fact that there was a hell of a lot of pressure not to screw up with 13 seconds left in your season. And the fact that Mahomes is a perfect 7 of 7 in those situations in the playoffs. I'd say that's kinda special. 

Let's talk about some of Allen's throws. Was there anything special about throwing to a WIDE open Gabe Davis multiple times as DBs were falling down or blowing coverages? There's a pretty blatant double standard here. When Allen throws to a guy with no DB within a mile, he's Superman. When Mahomes does it, it's nothing. 

Mahomes had to be almost perfect in that game to get the win. Completed 75% of his passes, 447 total yds, 4 TDs, averaged 10 yards per run, punted once against the #1 rated defense. The Bills punted 4 times vs a mediocre defense, and people act like Allen was perfect while Mahomes had a huge margin for error.

You guys say that Mahomes' defense always steps up in the playoffs while Allen's does the opposite, and yet....36 points to the Bills, 35 points to the Eagles, 37 to NE, 31 to Tampa, 31 to Houston, 27 to Cincy, and others in the mid 20s. If Mahomes' defense actually did consistently step up in the postseason, he may have never lost a postseason game. And imagine KC's regular season records if the defenses didn't stink it up so often throughout the year. 

Oh shut the f uck up. Your team just won the Super Bowl and every in the media licks Mahomes nuts. Lay off with the whole "nobody respect my team" thing.

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Oh shut the f uck up. Your team just won the Super Bowl and every in the media licks Mahomes nuts. Lay off with the whole "nobody respect my team" thing.

Where did I say anything about the media? But while we're on the subject, virtually everyone in the media licks Allen's balls, and some claim he's the better QB, despite not having near the accomplishments. Yet many of you pull the disrespect card constantly. 

• Eyeroll 1

Where did I say anything about the media? But while we're on the subject, virtually everyone in the media licks Allen's balls, and some claim he's the better QB, despite not having near the accomplishments. Yet many of you pull the disrespect card constantly. 

I would love to see a quote from ANYONE in the media claiming he's better right now.

I haven't heard that in well over a year.

Just now, Success said:

I would love to see a quote from ANYONE in the media claiming he's better right now.

I haven't heard that in well over a year.

I mean, it probably hasn't been said much since the SB, but there were definitely some saying it before the game in Buffalo. And I remember seeing an ESPN graphic that gave Buffalo the edge at QB. 

Just now, SaulGoodman said:

I mean, it probably hasn't been said much since the SB, but there were definitely some saying it before the game in Buffalo. And I remember seeing an ESPN graphic that gave Buffalo the edge at QB. 

You sure about that? 

I haven't seen anyone say that since at least prior to last year's SB.  I truly doubt that anyone in the national media was talking that way at any point this past season.

I still can't figure out the deal here. Do you really think Mahomes is disrespected in some way? Is that your primary focus one week after winning a 2nd SB, when Mahomes is in every other commercial we see on TV, and many are mentioning "GOAT" when talking about him?

Not enough?  You need consensus on a Buffalo Bills board that he's unbeatable and super amazing, and wow, do we wish we had that guy?

26 minutes ago, Success said:

You sure about that? 

I haven't seen anyone say that since at least prior to last year's SB.  I truly doubt that anyone in the national media was talking that way at any point this past season.

Yes, I'm sure. And why would that be so surprising? Don't you guys all think that Allen had a much better season? 

I still can't figure out the deal here. Do you really think Mahomes is disrespected in some way? Is that your primary focus one week after winning a 2nd SB, when Mahomes is in every other commercial we see on TV, and many are mentioning "GOAT" when talking about him?

No, I think Mahomes gets a ton of respect from the media. Not so much here, but I get it. 

Not enough?  You need consensus on a Buffalo Bills board that he's unbeatable and super amazing, and wow, do we wish we had that guy?

I think Bills fans should be plenty content with Allen. Content enough to acknowledge that he isn't disrespected by, frankly, anyone but Nick Wright...who only does it to troll you guys (and very successfully I might add). 

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

No, you’re just an extremely sensitive and over dramatic KC fan that reeks of insecurity.  Removing you from ignore for a moment didn’t disappoint.

“it doesn’t seem like any of you” doesn’t = “refer to the other side”.  No you were not.  You were all emotional and typing while seeing red. ✌️ again

LOL. I'm well aware that there are some Bills fans here that give credit to KC, but whatever you say. The "insecure" comment is funny. Every other thread on here is downplaying the Chiefs' success to prop up your team, whining about alleged media opinions of Allen and the Bills, convincing yourselves that KC only beats the Bills due to luck and/or injuries, freaking out over Nick Wright's latest comment, etc.

47 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

LOL. I'm well aware that there are some Bills fans here that give credit to KC, but whatever you say. The "insecure" comment is funny. Every other thread on here is downplaying the Chiefs' success to prop up your team, whining about alleged media opinions of Allen and the Bills, convincing yourselves that KC only beats the Bills due to luck and/or injuries, freaking out over Nick Wright's latest comment, etc.

You are just making things up. Nobody is tearing down KC or anything. At the very best, maybe there are some who think the Bills may have had better luck if they had less injuries, but literally nobody thinks KC got "lucky" against the Bills. They've beaten them 3 times in the postseason.

This whole "fuel yourself by claiming disrespect*" is an odd product of the 2020s. It's odd. The Chiefs have a dynasty. I don't recall Jordan and the Bulls and their fans claiming disrespect in the '90s, nor do I remember Jeter and the Yankees whining about how nobody gave them the respect the deserved. But then again, we are in an era where both sides of the political divide constantly do their very best to show you how put-upon they are and why you should feel sorry for them.  It's this oddly American theme of look how hard the odds were stacked up against me, and how the media hated me, and my mom threw me out on the street, but look at me now. I'm on top.

(NOTE: This isn't really a controversial political opinion since it blatantly exclaims how both sides are so guilty of it!)

1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

No, I think Mahomes gets a ton of respect from the media. Not so much here, but I get it. 

Seriously you're just pulling this stuff out of your ass.

Imagine going to the forum of a football team who isn't even your favorite team and wasting your time there. Just.....wow.

Edited by Jim

43 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Do you really get to mock the topics on the board when...uhhh....you're on here contributing to the topics. On, as I mentioned before, a board dedicated to a team you don't like. A week and change after your team won the Super Bowl. I usually don't do this online, cuz it's all just play for the most part, but seriously how miserable can your life be if you need to come to a Buffalo Bills football forum to complain about lack of love on said board for a 28 year old bazillionaire who plays for your team? Like, WHO GIVES A SH!T? Go enjoy your teams success and stop concerning yourself with perceived slights. I know if my team won the Super Bowl, I wouldn't be going to other teams forums doing this. Actually if my team were 0-17 I wouldn't do it either, because once again, WHO THE SH!T cares?!

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

You are just making things up. Nobody is tearing down KC or anything. At the very best, maybe there are some who think the Bills may have had better luck if they had less injuries, but literally nobody thinks KC got "lucky" against the Bills. They've beaten them 3 times in the postseason.

Don't get it twisted....I'm not triggered by anything I've read here. In fact, I'm probably one of the least triggered people on this board, if you've been following the last few weeks. 

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

This whole "fuel yourself by claiming disrespect*" is an odd product of the 2020s. It's odd. The Chiefs have a dynasty. I don't recall Jordan and the Bulls and their fans claiming disrespect in the '90s, nor do I remember Jeter and the Yankees whining about how nobody gave them the respect the deserved. But then again, we are in an era where both sides of the political divide constantly do their very best to show you how put-upon they are and why you should feel sorry for them.  It's this oddly American theme of look how hard the odds were stacked up against me, and how the media hated me, and my mom threw me out on the street, but look at me now. I'm on top.

(NOTE: This isn't really a controversial political opinion since it blatantly exclaims how both sides are so guilty of it!)

Seriously you're just pulling this stuff out of your ass.

Imagine going to the forum of a football team who isn't even your favorite team and wasting your time there. Just.....wow.

This is one of the most annoying things that people say. Why not take it as a compliment to your board that other fans want to post here? You act like I've been posting here hourly for years, or as if no rival fans (including Buffalo fans) post on KC boards. 

I generally post on message boards when I need to kill a little time while working at my desk. But I get bored with just a few sites to rotate from, especially if they're low-traffic, so I occasionally seek out others. And this one was interesting to me and has more traffic than most. 

43 minutes ago, Jim said:

Do you really get to mock the topics on the board when...uhhh....you're on here contributing to the topics. On, as I mentioned before, a board dedicated to a team you don't like. A week and change after your team won the Super Bowl. I usually don't do this online, cuz it's all just play for the most part, but seriously how miserable can your life be if you need to come to a Buffalo Bills football forum to complain about lack of love on said board for a 28 year old bazillionaire who plays for your team? Like, WHO GIVES A SH!T? Go enjoy your teams success and stop concerning yourself with perceived slights. I know if my team won the Super Bowl, I wouldn't be going to other teams forums doing this. Actually if my team were 0-17 I wouldn't do it either, because once again, WHO THE SH!T cares?!

How miserable do you have to be to get this upset over a few tame posts?

I'm not miserable in the slightest about perceived slights. I was just pointing out the irony of someone calling me insecure, when this entire board has been dripping with insecurity for weeks. What does a KC fan have to be insecure about right now? Mahomes and Reid are now being mentioned in the GOAT conversation (Kelce too), they went back to back in what were supposed to be rebuilding years, and with the right moves, could have their best team ever next year. That's not bragging or rubbing it in....I'm just laughing at the notion that I or KC fans in general are insecure. I'm not sure the fanbase has ever been more secure. 

4 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

I'm not miserable in the slightest about perceived slights. I was just pointing out the irony of someone calling me insecure, when this entire board has been dripping with insecurity for weeks. What does a KC fan have to be insecure about right now? Mahomes and Reid are now being mentioned in the GOAT conversation (Kelce too), they went back to back in what were supposed to be rebuilding years, and with the right moves, could have their best team ever next year. That's not bragging or rubbing it in....I'm just laughing at the notion that I or KC fans in general are insecure. I'm not sure the fanbase has ever been more secure. 

As a Chiefs fan, if Reid drafted Allen in 2018 instead of Mahomes in 2017 do you think you guys would have four or five rings by now?

Edited by Doc Brown

6 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Yes, the board is probably insecure. Probably having to do with the fact that our team is never gonna win a Super Bowl despite having one of the best QBs around.

But anyways, hey Saul, here’s the deal…

If we need you, we’ll call you. Or Walt and Jesse can go and kidnap you. Otherwise, we’re cool! Thanks for your time.

19 minutes ago, Jim said:

Yes, the board is probably insecure. Probably having to do with the fact that our team is never gonna win a Super Bowl despite having one of the best QBs around.

But anyways, hey Saul, here’s the deal…

If we need you, we’ll call you. Or Walt and Jesse can go and kidnap you. Otherwise, we’re cool! Thanks for your time.

Hey, you said it, not me. I think Allen will get at least one along the way. S'all good, man!

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

As a Chiefs fan, if Reid drafted Allen in 2018 instead of Mahomes in 2017 do you think you guys would have four or five rings by now?

Well, let's see, as a KC fan....Allen was really inaccurate his first couple years....plus, I've learned on this board that he needs an elite defense across the board and elite offensive talent at every position to get it done, so by the board's logic that number would have to be closer to 0?

Edited by SaulGoodman

10 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Mahomes had to be almost perfect in that game to get the win. Completed 75% of his passes, 447 total yds, 4 TDs, averaged 10 yards per run, punted once against the #1 rated defense. The Bills punted 4 times vs a mediocre defense, and people act like Allen had to be perfect while Mahomes had a huge margin for error.

Typical KC fan.....delusional and out of touch with reality.

Kinda just making stuff up to coincide with your own narrative to proclaim the god-like aspects of Mahomo and the Chiefs.

Move along......nothing to see here.

10 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Typical KC fan.....delusional and out of touch with reality.

Kinda just making stuff up to coincide with your own narrative to proclaim the god-like aspects of Mahomo and the Chiefs.

Move along......nothing to see here.

Which parts are delusional?

33 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Hey, you said it, not me. I think Allen will get at least one along the way. S'all good, man!

Well, let's see, as a KC fan....Allen was really inaccurate his first couple years....plus, I've learned on this board that he needs an elite defense across the board and elite offensive talent at every position to get it done, so by the board's logic that number would have to be closer to 0?

Well now you just sound like a bitter Bills fan masquerading as a Chiefs fan lol. 

I don't think any Bills fan with 2 brain cells to rub together (admittedly a high bar) thinks we need an elite defense across the board. We just need one that doesn't get torched in the playoffs. 

Imagine if Mahomes had to deal with his defense playing like KC did against the Patriots in the AFCCG every single season. KC DEF forced 2 turnovers, a turnover on downs, and 2 punts against the Pats. That's arguably a BETTER defensive performance than any of the last 4 playoff losses by the Bills. 

35 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Well now you just sound like a bitter Bills fan masquerading as a Chiefs fan lol. 

I don't think any Bills fan with 2 brain cells to rub together (admittedly a high bar) thinks we need an elite defense across the board. We just need one that doesn't get torched in the playoffs. 

Imagine if Mahomes had to deal with his defense playing like KC did against the Patriots in the AFCCG every single season. KC DEF forced 2 turnovers, a turnover on downs, and 2 punts against the Pats. That's arguably a BETTER defensive performance than any of the last 4 playoff losses by the Bills. 

But you're preaching to the choir, man. KC's defenses have been worse than Buffalo's every year before this one. In both the regular season and postseason. They've allowed 30+ in 5 playoff games and played poorly in several others. As beebe has pointed out, Buffalo's defense has played fine against just about everyone but KC. Allen has the same problem as every other QB in the league. His defense can't shut down KC. Sure, you can talk about the SB in Tampa or the second half vs Cincy a few years ago, but those are outliers.

I see people mention Buffalo's loss to Cincinnati a lot. Do you think Cincinnati's 27 points were the problem, or the 10 pts that the Bills scored? Who are you going to beat in the playoffs with 10 pts? 27 was a pretty average number for that Bengals team. You can't expect to shut down offenses of that caliber, especially in the postseason. 

Let me ask you this...prior to this year, how do you think KC's defenses would have fared against their offenses in the playoffs? If there were a way to prove it, I'd bet you any amount you wanted that they'd fare worse than Buffalo has. 

Edited by SaulGoodman

8 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Don't get it twisted....I'm not triggered by anything I've read here. In fact, I'm probably one of the least triggered people on this board, if you've been following the last few weeks. 

This is one of the most annoying things that people say. Why not take it as a compliment to your board that other fans want to post here? You act like I've been posting here hourly for years, or as if no rival fans (including Buffalo fans) post on KC boards. 

I generally post on message boards when I need to kill a little time while working at my desk. But I get bored with just a few sites to rotate from, especially if they're low-traffic, so I occasionally seek out others. And this one was interesting to me and has more traffic than most. 

Personally, I don't mind when other fans post here at all.  I like intelligent back & forth about the game.

But you're really not reading the room here.  It's probably hard to remember at this point how frustrating it is to be good enough for a title, but not be able to get one.  Imagine Pats fans coming to your board in the days immediately after Dee Ford was Offside, and getting upset that you weren't giving Brady enough props.  And even when there were Brady props all over your board - but that just wasn't enough for the Pats fans.  They needed to see every poster heap praise on him, or it was a slight.

Maybe not the best timing, right?  

And as for Wright - you said we always start threads about his trolling, but I think I've only seen one in the past 3-4 months.  Most here get that he's a Bayless-light clown who just wants to get a rise out of us.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

Personally, I don't mind when other fans post here at all.  I like intelligent back & forth about the game.

But you're really not reading the room here.  It's probably hard to remember at this point how frustrating it is to be good enough for a title, but not be able to get one.  Imagine Pats fans coming to your board in the days immediately after Dee Ford was Offside, and getting upset that you weren't giving Brady enough props.  And even when there were Brady props all over your board - but that just wasn't enough for the Pats fans.  They needed to see every poster heap praise on him, or it was a slight.

Maybe not the best timing, right?  

And as for Wright - you said we always start threads about his trolling, but I think I've only seen one in the past 3-4 months.  Most here get that he's a Bayless-light clown who just wants to get a rise out of us.

Again, I'm not triggered by anything here and I'm obviously not expecting to see lavish praise for KC or Mahomes. I just think there are some silly narratives floating around. Before the game in Buffalo, the prevailing opinion seemed to be that the Bills had the advantage at most positions and would win comfortably, and then go on to win the SB. People were saying the Bills had rounded into form and were playing at an elite level. After the game, the narrative immediately changed to "Mahomes has way more talent around him and Andy Reid, so of course he should have won."

Again, I'm not triggered by anything here and I'm obviously not expecting to see lavish praise for KC or Mahomes. I just think there are some silly narratives floating around. Before the game in Buffalo, the prevailing opinion seemed to be that the Bills had the advantage at most positions and would win comfortably, and then go on to win the SB. People were saying the Bills had rounded into form and were playing at an elite level. After the game, the narrative immediately changed to "Mahomes has way more talent around him and Andy Reid, so of course he should have won."

That wasn't the narrative I heard - nationally, or here.  Especially not "win comfortably."  Personally, I thought there was a chance we could have a good win, but I'm one of the biggest homers here, and got my usual round of laughing & eyeroll emojis.  It was nowhere near "prevailing."

As I said: most thought the Bills were too banged up, especially after the losses in the Pitt game.  Even your guy Wright said that.  And it was a huge concern here on this board.

No offense, but you seems to fabricate a lot of stuff.  Or maybe just misremember.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:26 PM, Thrivefourfive said:

In whatever place these freakozoid athletes get to mentally, Allen has no choice but to get there with them. Jordan has it, Tiger has it, Nicklaus had it, Brady and Montana had it. I’m sure Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio had it. Recently, all three Tennis greats have it. 

It’s all upstairs. There are ways we can tell that a great one has the instinct for winning championships. It’s how they talk, what they say, what they believe is happening, and how they lead the situation to reach the top — total belief in yourself to be the reason your team wins championships. 

Athletes are insanely confident individuals. Even proven competent pros think they’re the very best at what they do, when they’re clearly not, usually because of physical limitations. 

Allen has the physical talent to be in the historical sports best-of-the-best group, so he’ll have to find that mental place that gets him there. His, focus, concentration, and determination needs improvement. 

So you're saying Michael Jordan was supposed to beat Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics with Granville Waiters and Ennis Whatley? 🤔

18 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

You see, kid.....you're just making stuff up to feed your own narrative. 

Not one single person ever said this.....not the fans, not the media, no one. Everyone knew it would be a slugfest with the game going either way.

How are we supposed to take anything you say seriously when you're talking nonsense.

Move along now.....nothing to see here.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.